• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

Unicorn

Gravijah said:
final test: oot or alttp
I'm a Majora's Mask kind of man, but everything I've seen of SS has me ready to make that my favorite.

But, between the two, OoT and LttP, I prefer LttP.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sagitario said:
I was watching the old Twilight Princess trailers from the Skyward Sword thread and I never noticed this before:

hStVn.png

Yeah, mirrored Midna [GameCube vs Wii]... but Nintendo "forgot" to mirror all the official artwork :p

We also got a chubbier Midna.

New Midna is a lot better. I don't like how high up old Midna's nose is... I also like how new Midna has hair, whereas the old one had that gelatinous red/green stuff. Although this does create an inconsistency with the Fused Shadow a little...

As for the art thing, eh, they've been making the art since E3 2004, I doubt they'd start mirror-ing it all of a sudden.

Hypatia

drspeedy said:
Explain this sorcery to me, wizard! I.Must.Have!
Any way to take some FMV? That'd be just killer to see in action

You need a PC that can run Dolphin with an AMD Eyefinity capable card (or two Nvidia cards running in SLI) and three screens (one of the running via displayport if you go with AMD).

Then, in the Dolphin options screen, you need to select "Aspect Ratio: Stretch to window," put the Widescreen Hack on and then finally you have to beat the Running Man.

I also used the camera hack and SSAA to take nicer pics and then photoshopped out the HUD.

Sadly the fire effect is reaaaaaally screwed up so the 1st dungeon was kinda unplayable like this.

Andrex said:
I'd just get a simple 2D golden Triforce on my left hand, with one of the pieces brighter than the others... probably Courage (lower right, I think.)

But I'll never get a tattoo so... *shrugs*
Ditto.

Hypatia

That's probably true... All it really needs is a well done hi-res texture mod and it'd be set for like the next 10 years.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And Snowpeak is complete. I quite like that stretch of the game, traversing the snow, snowboading down the mountain on icy leaves, and then the dungeon itself which doesn't quite seem like a dungeon at first. It's really well designed, has quite a few gimmicks and puzzles, and looks great to boot. Mixing in the two NPCs made it feel fresh. I think it definitely ranks as one of the best dungeons in the series, but for me it is let down a bit by the boss fight, which is fine in context of the dungeon, but way too easy. It's probably the easiest boss fight in the entire game.

Still, lots of fun, and the ball-and-chain is a freakin' sweet item of doom. Now for screens!

z1hu4e.jpg

z2ouf5.jpg

z3fusx.jpg

z4cu69.jpg

z57uyl.jpg

z6lujj.jpg

z7dun0.jpg

z81ufe.jpg

z94ua1.jpg

z10zu3g.jpg

z118u4g.jpg

z12buhr.jpg

z13uuqq.jpg

z140ur1.jpg

z15vu26.jpg

z16iusw.jpg

z17yu5a.jpg

Roto13

People complain about the items in Twilight Princess being useless outside of the dungeons you find them in, but if you don't have the ball and chain equipped at all times, you're doing it wrong.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
did you get a pic of queen rutela or did i miss it?

I had a bunch of chasing her up to the graveyard, but I cant find them. Don't know why I'd delete them as I thought I saved all the ones I've taken thus far. The only one I could find is this, from the Twilight Realm.

zapu1a.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
EatChildren said:
I think it definitely ranks as one of the best dungeons in the series, but for me it is let down a bit by the boss fight, which is fine in context of the dungeon, but way too easy. It's probably the easiest boss fight in the entire game.
You can easily remedy this by wearing the Zora Armour during the battle (and throughout the dungeon; getting hit by ice while wearing that tunic takes off a lot of hearts).

Gravijah said:
i doooooooooo! queen rutela is just the coolest looking zora and seeing the prince reminded me of her.
Her garb is cool. King Zora is still my favourite royal.

Anth0ny

EatChildren said:
Oh my god so much rage. I raged during my playthrough of this moment in Ocarina of Time 3D too. Fuck that slow bastard IM TRYING TO PLAY GAMES HERE.

OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET

EatChildren

Anth0ny said:
OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET OOWEET
The worst part isn't him starting to move, it's when there's a huge, obvious gap I could run through if I were in control but he still keeps fucking shifting while the game is locked in a cinematic.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH FUCK YOU KING ZORA

Rikkun

Hypatia said:
Hahahaha, that's amazing!

I can't... I can't believe they didn't fix it.

That's like... I dont even know what that is.

Well, it's not like you can jump on your ass and bounce away.

cow_chicken8.jpg

Wow, Twilight Princess still looks really good, even in Dolphin. Sometimes, NeoGAF makes it out to be some ugly game with N64 textures.
Hypatia said:
Hahahaha, that's amazing!

I can't... I can't believe they didn't fix it.

That's like... I dont even know what that is.
The best part is that he goes "OUEEP" exactly the same number of times.
(Yes, I counted. I mean, I played the game a ton of times, It was inevitable.)

...But no, it isn't "broken." I'm 99% sure he's that way on purpose.

Top Bottom