• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

Nintendo-4Life said:
You must not like any Zelda OST then.

No, it's Twilight Princess' music in particular that bugs me. Even Wind Waker had better synth quality. :S

It works well enough in-game, but I just can't listen to most of it on its own. Exceptions exist, of course.

Altazor

Electivirus said:
No, it's Twilight Princess' music in particular that bugs me. Even Wind Waker had better synth quality. :S

It works well enough in-game, but I just can't listen to most of it on its own. Exceptions exist, of course.

Two of my favourite TP tracks:

Lake Hylia and Kakariko is Saved (I like this one better than the normal Kakariko theme)

I'm pretty fond of both Midna's Distress (or whatever it wants to call itself, I swear that song changes names every time I see it...) and Gerudo Desert.

Hypatia

Electivirus said:

Huh, I've never noticed that difference before. Still I dont think it's bad enough to get me to stop listening to TP tracks.

Also my fave Twilight Princess track has got to be Midna's Theme.

And my fave tracks from all games are probably... Tal Tal Heights, Molgera's Theme, The Dark World, Stone Tower Temple annnnnnnnd Links Awakening Ending

I used to complete Links Awakening repeatedly just to hear that music. So good.

Meikiyou

Hypatia said:
Huh, I've never noticed that difference before. Still I dont think it's bad enough to get me to stop listening to TP tracks.

Also my fave Twilight Princess track has got to be Midna's Theme.

And my fave tracks from all games are probably... Tal Tal Heights, Molgera's Theme, The Dark World, Stone Tower Temple annnnnnnnd Links Awakening Ending

I used to complete Links Awakening repeatedly just to hear that music. So good.
Midna theme is the second best because we got this fucking beautydon't want you no more

Hypatia

It only just occured to me to test Wind Waker in Eyefinity... and it looks amazing:

... but then Wind Waker always does look amazing.

And now I really want to take pics of underwater Hyrule.

drspeedy

Hypatia said:
It only just occured to me to test Wind Waker in Eyefinity... and it looks amazing:

[amazing images]

Explain this sorcery to me, wizard! I.Must.Have!

Any way to take some FMV? That'd be just killer to see in action

xandaca

Hypatia said:

That actually does look gorgeous, and I've never been a fan of WW's art style.

Roto13

Meikiyou said:
You must do a lot of things with the moon and night time to use the chart, i think, find the ghost ship is the annoying part.
Not really. Some squares on the chart are marked with the ghost ship and a phase of the moon. Go to that square during that phase and the ghost ship will appear. Then just sail into it. :p You can just go to one of those squares and skip time ahead until it shows up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Franchuzas87 said:
For me, THE track of Twilight Princess is this one.

Yes!

I replayed the game, and I realized how often the music reuses the Ballad of the Twilight motif (the last Wolf Song, that's the name I usually see it given) and I love that melody. It's in the field theme, in Midna's lament, in Iilia's theme, and even in the music when you're headed through Snowpeak.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Yes!

I replayed the game, and I realized how often the music reuses the Ballad of the Twilight motif (the last Wolf Song, that's the name I usually see it given) and I love that melody. It's in the field theme, in Midna's lament, in Iilia's theme, and even in the music when you're headed through Snowpeak.
It's also slotted into the Gerudo Desert and Fishing hole.

Andrex said:
...really?

Also, is this supposed to be a dig?
Really, and it's not entirely a dig. It's near the bottom of my "favorite Zelda games" list, for sure, but I seriously can't remember anything about the game outside the Ganon-stabbing.

Kai

The Piano track when taking Midna back to Zelda after the third dungeon is amazing... Such a great atmosphere setting piece...

Professor Beef said:
Really, and it's not entirely a dig. It's near the bottom of my "favorite Zelda games" list, for sure, but I seriously can't remember anything about the game outside the Ganon-stabbing.
Don't you remember the fight on the bridge? Running trough the sewers of the castle with an injured Midna? The spinner in Arbiter's Grounds? "Not take mirror"?

Oh, come on. Twilight Princess is possibly my least favourite 3D Zelda (not counting the DS ones here), but had some great moments.

Franchuzas87 said:
Don't you remember the fight on the bridge? Running trough the sewers of the castle with an injured Midna? The spinner in Arbiter's Grounds? "Not take mirror"?

Oh, come on. Twilight Princess is possibly my least favourite 3D Zelda (not counting the DS ones here), but had some great moments.
I only remember the spinner because it was mentioned a page or two ago.

EatChildren said:
Discussing Twilight Princess music without mentioning the Twilight battle theme is blasphemy.
MASTER PIECE
of shit

Professor Beef said:
I only remember the spinner because it was mentioned a page or two ago.
Not a very good memory, eh? I mean, the game just came out a few years ago. How do you can forget everything about it? For god's sake, it's a freaking 30-40 hours adventure. I even remember a lot of stuff of NES games that I played when I was like 7 or 8, and I never replayed most of them :p

Franchuzas87 said:
MASTER PIECE
of shit

Not a very good memory, eh? I mean, the game just came out a few years ago. How do you can forget everything about it? For god's sake, it's a freaking 30-40 hours adventure. I even remember a lot of stuff of NES games that I played when I was like 7 or 8, and I never replayed most of them :p
For contrast, I remember nearly everything about Majora's Mask, Zelda 1, Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, and even OoT. Twilight Princess just wasn't memorable to me.

Professor Beef said:
For contrast, I remember nearly everything about Majora's Mask, Zelda 1, Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, and even OoT. Twilight Princess just wasn't memorable to me.
I guess you didn't replay it. Because then, at least you would remember the bug collection.

Gravijah said:
if you can't remember the amazing boss themes from tp, you have no soul.
Actually, the music didn't even cross my mind when I was making those posts. I was trying to remember the gameplay.
Franchuzas87 said:
I guess you didn't replay it. Because then, at least you would remember the bug collection.
I remember a running joke with my friends that she was eating the bugs, but that's it.

Professor Beef said:
Actually, the music didn't even cross my mind when I was making those posts. I was trying to remember the gameplay.

I remember a running joke with my friends that she was eating the bugs, but that's it.
Then replay it.

Gravijah

Professor Beef said:

EVERY BOSS FIGHT

when you fall into the bottom of lake hylia or whatever before it has water

fighting the guy on the boar

shooting out of the canon and landing in gerudo desert

QUEEN RUTELA

game really stands out in my mind and the last time i played it was around release.

Professor Beef said:

...that was your running joke? the game basically spells out much worse.

Roto13

I honestly don't remember any of the boss music from Twilight Princess, but I'm sure it would all come flooding back to me as soon as I heard it again.

Gravijah said:
EVERY BOSS FIGHT

QUEEN RUTELA

game really stands out in my mind and the last time i played it was around release.

...that was your running joke? the game basically spells out much worse.
Doesn't ring a bell, and I played it near release as well.

Chet Rippo said:
Then replay it.
I don't own it anymore, and I have no desire to own it again.

CassSept

Gravijah said:
Is this really THAT memorable? I didn't remember it until my second playthrough. I agree with everything else you've mentioned though, especially bosses. Probably the best collection of encounters in the series.

Gravijah said:
EVERY BOSS FIGHT

QUEEN RUTELA

Then replay it.

I have played TP twice: Once shortly after release, and right now I am currently working on completing it again. I get the feeling that I didn't appreciate it near as much then as I do now. I know the popular thing to do is to bash on TP (as well as WW), but I honestly loved both games.

Definitely excited about SS!

Top Bottom