• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

they have Seed characters, emblems, suits
original emblems, suits
unicorn emblems, suits
some other set that includes Haro
and I think another set or 2 but im not sure what its from.
Ugh don't like SEED or 0079.

Will look into UC suits though, having Sinanju as a avatar would be pretty sweet.

anyone have any of the Gundam avatars from the japanese PSN?
wondering about their quality.

They're cool, but avatars are account-locked, and I don't do anything with my Japanese PSN account other than use the store. :-(

Lots of cool JP avatars from Gundam, Evangelion, Tiger and Bunny, Tales, Katamari, etc., but they don't do me any good since my main account for gaming is US.

They're cool, but avatars are account-locked, and I don't do anything with my Japanese PSN account other than use the store. :-(

Lots of cool JP avatars from Gundam, Evangelion, Tiger and Bunny, Tales, Katamari, etc., but they don't do me any good since my main account for gaming is US.
yeah, I actually just created a new account to main thats real similar to my previous account and I got the Asuka from Evangelion and the Rinne no Lagrange set.
the Evangelion avatars are the highest quality avatars I have seen.

hesitated on the Gundam avatars because they don't have a good preview image of them. really want the Mu La Flaga though.

edit: my MG Alex finally got here, excite!
now I need my Kampfer.

Guys, I finally landed in Japan!
I couldn't pass on Full Boost so I played a little (4 matches) and...

Got crushed.
In a terrible way.

Damn, the level difference is so obvious it's not even funny. I've been to Shibuya's TAITO Station and West Ikebukuro Adores and the guys I played were overall pretty good and also using a playstyle that's really, really different from ours.
I guess I'll get used back to it like last year, but it's kind of infuriating to see myself get crushed so horribly when I think I progressed tremendously compared to last year :(

But for now, I must say I hate the defensive style I've seen playing a little and watching a lot more (Shuffle) games. I mean some of these guys play it so safe they're okay with seeing their teammate getting killed three time, rather than go in the melee to help. Damn.
Haha, ultra dry is the best way dude.

What didn't you like about it? In terms of story/plot it's nowhere near that of the original Gundam or Zeta but I think of it as a flashy action film that you can enjoy.

Not sure. after I got past the awful first episode of 80 I was hooked, this just hasn't got me yet.
I like the characters and everything so I don't really know.

Not sure. after I got past the awful first episode of 80 I was hooked, this just hasn't got me yet.
I like the characters and everything so I don't really know.

The story picks up in the next 2-3 episodes. Don't want to give anything away and spoil it.

Also congrats on the MG Alex, watch out for the knee joints as mine was a bit loose when assembled. Not sure if they fixed that now.

The story picks up in the next 2-3 episodes. Don't want to give anything away and spoil it.

Also congrats on the MG Alex, watch out for the knee joints as mine was a bit loose when assembled. Not sure if they fixed that now.

Thanks.

hopefully if it is it isn't too bad, my Wing Zero Custom's were probably the worst I have encountered.

edit: anyone own the MG Ez-8?
Battle Operation was my first time seeing it and its one of my favorite designs. Will probably wait till I watch 08th MS Team first though.

edit 2: my Turn A character gashapons arrived and kind of suck, for being a similar gashapon series they are 1/2 the size of the 00 characters
but at least they fit with the 1/20 figures. wish it included Dianna instead of just Kihel.
though now that I have Sochie & Loran I might buy a Kapool and the MG Turn A(as much as I hate it)

PhiLonius

Finally finished Turn A.

Didn't think I was going to like it this much but it's easily become one of my faves within the series. Somehow manages to do that with some not so great designs and light action. I'm also surprised at
the lack of deaths. I expected at least Guin to bite the bullet
. Dianna and Kihel are easily two of the better female characters in the Gundam series and Loran one of the better leads, though I feel like the story doesn't really flow through him, which isn't a bad thing. Harry Ord is also pretty awesome.

Finally finished Turn A.

Didn't think I was going to like it this much but it's easily become one of my faves within the series. Somehow manages to do that with some not so great designs and light action. I'm also surprised at
the lack of deaths. I expected at least Guin to bite the bullet
. Dianna and Kihel are easily two of the better female characters in the Gundam series and Loran one of the better leads, though I feel like the story doesn't really flow through him, which isn't a bad thing. Harry Ord is also pretty awesome.

Exactly how I felt about the series. though I thought Loran was only so-so as a lead.

Beth Cyra

Finally cracked and given my last few purchases I decided to stay on my White gundam kick following AGE-2 Special Ops and G Bouncer I finally went and ordered Amuro's White Unicorn Zeta.

As far as 0083 goes, I haven't actually watched it. I really should sometime though.

Gundam Age 47
gundam_age_fx_burst_mode_by_tristtrist-d5e9uko.gif

What an incredible episode, Kio was actually pretty epic and FX Burst Mode activation is one of the best segments this anime.
The changes it makes to the Gundam are pretty stunning all those beams everywhere and that incredible power, it was almost scary really when it seemed to pull out this power of revenge from the kid. Hope he can keep it under control the next two episodes or else, this may not have a happy ending

The characters are really its strong point at times and I think I didnt realize how attached I was to them.
Serics battle was just plain stunning and pretty embarassing for the person he went against. If you lose to a non gundam suit then you should just quit being vegan, bad. However the consequence of the win made me cry when it was revealed he'd have to be sacrificed since he was stuck. Even Flit got emotional from it and poor Kio. Worst yet when Kio faced Deen, Deen was a good minor character, and they managed to come to an understanding, then he died cause of the dumb vegan, ugh, that was tough and unfair. Id totally have done what Kio did because that wasn't right.

Zehearto's has gone to far, and I hope he's stopped, but not killed. 48 needs to hurry.

So now we have an even uglier Vagan version of the Ball:

I wish Seric
had more development before getting killed off; like a lot of AGE characters he was more of a prop in service of the plot than anything else.

finally finished 83,
started out good and just got terrible by the end.
my new least favorite by far, makes G look better to the point that I look forward to rewatching it now.

Wing>0080>00>Turn A>Seed>79>G>>83

Dambrosi

Banned
So, Captain Shithole
did indeed hoist Seric's death flag. Poor girl can't even have a crush without failing. Still, at least she gave the order to fire without Flit telling her to, for once.

Dedication: Have you never watched Wing or Unicorn?
A Zero System/DESTROY Mode expy is all Burst Mode is. Oh, not to mention the scene was pretty blatantly copied from Unicorn episode 3, though of course it doesn't make sense here like it did in UC. Plus, I'm no psychologist, but wasn't Kio just being a selfish little shit again (by only using Burst Mode after going berserk because his friend died, then pussying out when his precious "ideals" were endangered)?

Also, thank God that...thing amishpriest99 posted only lasted one ep. We don't need a repeat of 00 Season 2's last battle, thanks.

What did you think about all the
Nina Purpleton bullshit lol
?
I dunno about Razgriz, but i wanted to see Kou draw a pistol and shoot her in the face. Repeatedly.

What did you think about all the
Nina Purpleton bullshit lol
?
Liked
her
all the way till the last episode then
I dunno about Razgriz, but i wanted to see Kou draw a pistol and shoot her in the face. Repeatedly.
pretty much.
which kind of sucked because
even though she was becoming annoying I thought she was a pretty believable character and liked her and Kou up untill that point

After the discussion in the anime thread was wondering anyone have the HG Nobel Gundam?

So, Captain Shithole
did indeed hoist Seric's death flag. Poor girl can't even have a crush without failing. Still, at least she gave the order to fire without Flit telling her to, for once.

Dedication: Have you never watched Wing or Unicorn?
A Zero System/DESTROY Mode expy is all Burst Mode is. Oh, not to mention the scene was pretty blatantly copied from Unicorn episode 3, though of course it doesn't make sense here like it did in UC. Plus, I'm no psychologist, but wasn't Kio just being a selfish little shit again (by only using Burst Mode after going berserk because his friend died, then pussying out when his precious "ideals" were endangered)?

Yeah I did watch wing like a month or so ago. I guess I now see that comparison, though it was cool in age, just the whole green thing and Kio going all glowy like that.

I'm in the middle of rewatching 0083 again but the thing that bothers me is how
in EP01 Nina never recognizes Gato when he's stealing GP02. That episode never seems to hint at it. Further episodes hinted at a previous failed relationship and the WTF moment when Kelly Layzner and Nina both know each other.

I think my jaw dropped at the
backstabbing by Nina. Damn, if I was Kou I think I would have been overflowing with grief. But in the end everything worked out... I think...

Been looking into some diorama stuff for my display and noticed with the MG I wish they would throw in a relevant character(Marina or CB crew/Setsuna, Relena/Heero, Noin/Zechs, Domon/Rain&Allenby) or two along with the 1/100 pilots
The Turn A comes with a cow... I would have liked to get a scaled Kihel, Dianna or Sochie instead especially considering how many scenes had them riding in its hand.
for something so cheap and little I think it would add alot.

Im spending too much on Gundams lately, though can't wait to get working on my Alex tomorrow.

AGE has the worst fucking mecha design in Gundam history. My god.
Flit's hair design is bad enough to make me bail out before even seeing a mech.

Droog

Been looking into some diorama stuff for my display and noticed with the MG I wish they would throw in a relevant character(Marina or CB crew/Setsuna, Relena/Heero, Noin/Zechs, Domon/Rain&Allenby) or two along with the 1/100 pilots
The Turn A comes with a cow... I would have liked to get a scaled Kihel, Dianna or Sochie instead especially considering how many scenes had them riding in its hand.
for something so cheap and little I think it would add alot.

1/100 figures seem pretty much impossible to find but I found that Preiser make a good range of OO/HO figures that are close enough. (At that size, the difference between 1/72 and 1/100 is a few millimetres at the most.) Doesn't help if you are after specific characters perhaps unless you're willing to mod?

1/100 figures seem pretty much impossible to find but I found that Preiser make a good range of OO/HO figures that are close enough. (At that size, the difference between 1/72 and 1/100 is a few millimetres at the most.) Doesn't help if you are after specific characters perhaps unless you're willing to mod?

Wow thanks, I had only seen the Gundam crew set which I used to make the 00 pilots suited up. but 99% of the set was spacesuited & masked people. they're a bunch I can already see being certain characters and at that scale they'd be easily modifiable if they needed tweeks. I can also make a recognizable Bernie now instead of a generic looking Zeon pilot.

thanks again.

Droog

Wow thanks, I had only seen the Gundam crew set which I used to make the 00 pilots suited up. but 99% of the set was spacesuited & masked people. they're a bunch I can already see being certain characters and at that scale they'd be easily modifiable if they needed tweeks.

thanks again.

Just to clarify, when I say OO/HO I'm talking about the gauge/sizes used in terms of railway modelling. They're not Gundam specific. Preiser makes generic civilian/military figures for use with military and railway dioramas. However I find the modern and WW2 era military figures can work well for EFSF/Zeon soldiers with the right paint schemes.

You can see some general examples of their range here (German language site); http://www.figuren.de/

If you want to see how the figures scale against an MG (Dom in this case) then look here; http://www.hobbylink.tv/ms09-dom-diorama

Just to clarify, when I say OO/HO I'm talking about the gauge/sizes used in terms of railway modelling. They're not Gundam specific. Preiser makes generic civilian/military figures for use with military and railway dioramas. However I find the modern and WW2 era military figures can work well for EFSF/Zeon soldiers with the right paint schemes.

You can see some general examples of their range here (German language site); http://www.figuren.de/
yeah I understood, thanks.

I'm giving some consideration to getting SD Gundam G Generation Overworld. How easy is this series to get into for a newbie with rather limited knowledge of Japanese?

I'm giving some consideration to getting SD Gundam G Generation Overworld. How easy is this series to get into for a newbie with rather limited knowledge of Japanese?

Pretty easy to play through. Knowledge of the property helps, but there will be a lot of dialogue you'll miss out on. Same for the Super Robot Wars series.

I'd suggest picking up an older, cheaper G Gen game first before you drop the big bucks on a new release.

Pretty easy to play through. Knowledge of the property helps, but there will be a lot of dialogue you'll miss out on. Same for the Super Robot Wars series.

I'd suggest picking up an older, cheaper G Gen game first before you drop the big bucks on a new release.

Fair enough...I'm used to missing a lot of the dialogue in Super Robot Wars, but can still guess a lot of what's going on due to familiarity with the series involved. Seeing a large number of more obscure Gundam units in G Gen is what is appealing to me, not to mention that I like SRPG's in general.

Beth Cyra

Fair enough...I'm used to missing a lot of the dialogue in Super Robot Wars, but can still guess a lot of what's going on due to familiarity with the series involved. Seeing a large number of more obscure Gundam units in G Gen is what is appealing to me, not to mention that I like SRPG's in general.

I buy them for the cross over appeal.

In particular Wing EW Vs Strike Freedom, Wing coming down to help out Strike and OO Q vs UC and newer AU looks awesome.

Love crossover CG.

Pretty bummed that we haven't seen a G Gen title released for the PS3. HD 2D sprites would be glorious.

I bet the next one after Overworld will end up on the Vita.

If you go by the every-other-year relase schedule that we've had with previous Gundam Musou games, there is a good chance. However, Hokuto Musou 2 is out this year, so Omega is probably working on that.
ah thanks.
I think 3 was about as good as it can get really outside of more suits/characters
and minor stuff like all friendshipped characters should be selectable as operators or pilots.(Rain, Relena, Dianna types were pretty pointless imo.)

Jinroh

Does anyone know why both Gundam 00 seasons have never been released here on blu ray? They released the movie without the two seasons, it doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone know why both Gundam 00 seasons have never been released here on blu ray? They released the movie without the two seasons, it doesn't make any sense.

Just like Code Geass, it sounds like Bandai Entertainment didn't negotiate for the Blu-ray rights when they licensed the series from Sunrise/Bandai Visual. Bandai has never given an official response, but this is pretty much what most people think.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Age 47

God fucking dammit Kio. You are less than useless. You are actually the worse gundam pilot ever. THE WORST.

Lacus was better than you.

Beth Cyra

Age 47

God fucking dammit Kio. You are less than useless. You are actually the worse gundam pilot ever. THE WORST.

Lacus was better than you.
Woah now.

I like Lacus im SEED (not Mai Waifu levels or whatever) but saying anyone is a more worthless then her as a Gundam pilot is crazy talk.

I've got to finish this if it's on the level to causeca person to say something like this.

On a side note, I recieved my High Grade Age G Bouncer and HGUC Banshee Destroy Mode.

Already built G Bouncer, only 3.5 plates and the legs have almost nothing to do them. I got to say I love the chest and shield for G Bouncer, not to mention I also actually like Woolf so having G Bouncer and actually liking the pilot is nice.

Going to give it a few days before I bulid the Banshee. Already know that I'm going to give Banshee the Shield and Beam Magnum, not to hate on it or anything but the VN an BS just are extremely lame to me.

anybody own the pearl gloss Wing Zero?
It looks pretty amazing in videos and pictures but im wondering if it looks tacky or cheap in person.
im not really satisfied with my old Endless Waltz HG anymore after getting some newer stuff.

Dambrosi

Banned
anybody own the pearl gloss Wing Zero?
It looks pretty amazing in videos and pictures but im wondering if it looks tacky or cheap in person.
im not really satisfied with my old Endless Waltz HG anymore after getting some newer stuff.
The pearl effect looks alright (even good) on the wings, but on the suit itself? Ewwwwww no. Looks like it's made of styrofoam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom