• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I need my Athrun fix. <3

You must've been raging hard watching them nerf him so bad during your first viewing of Destiny lol. I'm not even a fan and I was facepalming everytime the creators had him be pwned by some other protagonist to prove a point lol.

Of course he got the ultimate win in the end, but it took so long to get there.

duckroll

You must've been raging hard watching them nerf him so bad during your first viewing of Destiny lol. I'm not even a fan and I was facepalming everytime the creators had him be pwned by some other protagonist to prove a point lol.

Of course he got the ultimate win in the end, but it took so long to get there.

Destiny was a very bad show, so it's okay. Athrun is too good for Destiny.

Droog

I don't know if anyone here likes eating nabe but I thought this article my wife found and sent to me might make a few folks smile. In Japan last year, tofu in a Z'Gok shaped container was released in supermarkets. (The previous year a Zaku shaped one came out. Acguy this year maybe? We can hope.) I was boring and just ate mine off a plate with soy sauce but some enterprising people made nabe dioramas out of theirs!

03_m.jpg

More seen can be seen here; http://gigazine.net/news/20130130-zgoknabe-contest/

B.K.

It better come out this year.

Keep your hopes low, so you won't be disappointed. I'm not expecting it until next fall. I haven't even watched episode five yet. I may hold off and watch 5, 6, and 7 back to back. I've waited this long. What's another year or so?

Tookay

You all are probably right. Given how long it took for this episode to come out, an even longer one taking a year (at least) seems likely.

I am glad that we got an extra episode out of it, though, even if that probably threw production off-track.

I'm not even watching Unicorn until it is all done, but is there some reason why it takes forever? Like is every episode its own production, and pre-production only starts after the previous one is finished/almost finished?

Also, disappointing that the confirmation rumor was all B.S.

And for Pollux, I don't know of any. I think crunchyroll or something like that had at least some of the series, but the license has expired. At least that is my understanding, as the pages still exist but I'm not seeing any episodes.

duckroll

I'm not even watching Unicorn until it is all done, but is there some reason why it takes forever? Like is every episode its own production, and pre-production only starts after the previous one is finished/almost finished?

There are several reasons:
- Each episode is about an hour long (half a movie, or 3 episodes of a TV series).
- To maintain the quality standard they use the same core staff instead of having parallel production. I think pre-production for everything is probably all done by now, but the actual production process still takes time.
- The OVAs are released in limited theatrical screenings followed by home video releases, so the marketing format benefits from longer buffers between releases to maximize impact.
- It's really hard to animate detailed hand drawn robots. :D

Beth Cyra

A new Gundam Age product has been green lite.

Doesn't say anime, but from the wording and the preview makes it sound like it could be.

I can't believe Sunrise would green light AGE spin off even if it did feature Asemu and Zeheart.

A new Gundam Age product has been green lite.

Doesn't say anime, but from the wording and the preview makes it sound like it could be.

I can't believe Sunrise would green light AGE spin off even if it did feature Asemu and Zeheart.

How's AGE's reception in Japan nowadays? Must be great for them to consider greenlighting another production.

I personally have no opinion about it one way or the other, from what I hear it was a series that targetted the pre-teen demographic who've never seen a Gundam show before. Seems like they succeeded.

Beth Cyra

How's AGE's reception in Japan nowadays? Must be great for them to consider greenlighting another production.

I personally have no opinion about it one way or the other, from what I hear it was a series that targetted the pre-teen demographic who've never seen a Gundam show before. Seems like they succeeded.

AGE is the single worst performing animated Gundam in Japan of all time. It's reception was worse then even Gundam X.

The idea that they might actually do it is nothing less then shocking. We had heard rumors of a project being in the works to release after the anime finished, I however firmly believe it had been canceled given how hard AGE tanked.

However this I guess does light the hope for those who wanted a Wing and other AU follow ups. If AGE can get one then there is nothing stopping them from doing something for Wing or other series that actually perform well.

1stStrike

Banned
When is Unicorn 6 hitting? I'm seeing anything from March 2nd to March 22nd being posted around on the interwebs, so quite a large variation there.

Blader

There are several reasons:
- Each episode is about an hour long (half a movie, or 3 episodes of a TV series).
- To maintain the quality standard they use the same core staff instead of having parallel production. I think pre-production for everything is probably all done by now, but the actual production process still takes time.
- The OVAs are released in limited theatrical screenings followed by home video releases, so the marketing format benefits from longer buffers between releases to maximize impact.
- It's really hard to animate detailed hand drawn robots. :D

All of that, plus I think episode 6 would have had to undergo major rewrites when they changed their plan from 6 episodes to 7.

Beth Cyra

Did the merchandise for AGE sell well? Maybe that's why a another project is being green lit?

No, some might have performed decently but overall from all apperances even the Merch didn't perform well. Models and Robot Damashii were slashed heavily very near release, the MG's for the most part would release next to other big suits when usually they try to save them for once a month.

Hell even the PSP games that Level - 5 made tanked like no tomorrow. Nothing about AGE performed well. The closest thing seems to be Asemu/Zeheart and the Dark Hound seems to be the most popular suit coming out of the series, that said it's still not popular in the large scheme of things.

Hopefully it's another side story like Memories of Sid and is Manga/Novel, but I still find it odd that the AGE Producer is the one hyping it and why they would make a big deal out of it being green lighted.

Any chance we get another new OST with this episode?

I swear when I first heard that signature Unicorn track play I had never felt so amped watching a Gundam series. It was the perfect combination of a rousing piece and a brilliant animated on screen visual.

I grabbed the 1st OST after that and had that song on repeat... for about a week. The Full-Frontal track was another nice one.

Qvoth

The unicorn and rx0 are really awesome themes
Anybody knows when the new aimer song will be released? It's the new theme song for gundam unicorn, title is re:i am

mingus

That's a speed build? Got dang well done. All I do is panel lines and maybe clear coat if I feel like applying decals.

Droog

Just finished my 1/100 Kshatriya!! I did a speed build on this guy:

Click on the pics for my blog and more pics :)

THAT'S a speed build?! *checks blog* 50-60 hours? All is right with the world. :)

Looks very nice Major. Makes me seriously wish I had the proper time to build/paint at the moment. Young children really eat up a lot of free time!

Ezalc

I ordered these a while ago from amiami, they arrived today. They're too big for me but they make me feel like a badass so it doesn't matter.

Now I can turn a normal facepalm into a explosive GOD facepalm!

The logo is gold, not white, in case anyone cared.

I love you for that link. Also that just makes it even better, gold looks sexy.

I ordered these a while ago from amiami, they arrived today. They're too big for me but they make me feel like a badass so it doesn't matter.

Now I can turn a normal facepalm into a explosive GOD facepalm!

The logo is gold, not white, in case anyone cared.

Haha, those look awesome. New driving gloves for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom