• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like with SEED HD, it looks like most of the SEED Destiny HD budget will be going to creating the key visual poster art. :p

Need high res version. ;_;

Looks fancy.

SEED Destiny HD would be a faithful retelling of the series right? No retcons and such?

On a seperate note, is Shinn Asuka the only main Gundam protagonist to ever lose a final battle against their rivals?

AFAIK, other headlining protagonists often pwn their opponents in the final battle of their respective series, now what happens to them after they do it is a different matter all together. I do get they may not have happy endings, but they do defeat their final boss opponents. Except Shinn, and
he went out like a complete pussy against a rebuffed Athrun in his Infinite Justice. For fucks sakes, he had the Destiny Gundam and he still lost.

i.e. (major spoilers for many Gundam shows)

From the UC timeline, that I can recall.

Kamille (Z)
going comatose after taking down the big baddie in Zeta. Bittersweet ending, Fa Yuiry had to play nursemaid for the rest of his life.

Amuro (OG Gundam+CCA)
taking down Char with him at Axis when pushing it away in CCA. He went out like a bawse.

Judau Ashta (ZZ)
taking down Haman and getting his happy ending with Roux Luka and his sister. He's one of lucky ones to get a good end.
, etc etc

Dude from F91
taking down the funky looking masked dude and rescuing Cecily Fairchild. Another lucky one. He actually ends up doing that Crossbone Gundam thingy.

Uso Evin (Victory Gundam)
takes down the big baddy (Chronicle Asher?) and dat fanatical lady (Katejina?) who got corrupted by him. Her punishment was the bleakest of all. They didn't give her the finality of death. He has a good ending, lives happily ever after with Shakti and Carl the baby.

And so on and so forth.

Jubern

Looks fancy.

SEED Destiny HD would be a faithful retelling of the series right? No retcons and such?

SEED HD didn't had any major change (except maybe for a brief appearance of the Perfect Strike), so I'd be surprised if they did anything that take effort for Destiny... Quite unfortunate, as I think it could get a bit better with some fixes here and there.

duckroll

SEED HD didn't had any major change (except maybe for a brief appearance of the Perfect Strike), so I'd be surprised if they did anything that take effort for Destiny... Quite unfortunate, as I think it could get a bit better with some fixes here and there.

Here's what I would do if I could rewrite SEED Destiny:
- Make it so Shinn actually kills Kira in the duel with Freedom
- Athrun vows to set things right and continue his friend's legacy
- Athrun is now the main character piloting a custom red Strike Freedom
- Cagalli slaps Shinn at some point.... twice

Suddenly we have the best Gundam show ever made.

Jubern

lulz

Oh talking about changes, I remember Shinn appearing a couple of times in SEED HD. But it was so fucking half-assed.
First time, you see him running with his family during the battle scene where they die, but only a split-second shot FROM BEHIND and that's it, they don't show you them dying or anything and most probably won't realize who that was ahah. Second time is during Patrick Zala's speech in 41 which is what, days after Orb's battle? And you see same Shinn chilling in a ZAFT school. Felt a little quick TBH.

The biggest problem of Destiny still is Kira, Lacus and their minions. They are *so* good and *so* perfect that anyone who doesn't go with what they're doing can pretty much be branded as evil. There's just no middle ground, and the writer reluctance to try and do something actually interesting with Shinn and Durandal's character totally killed it.

Well that plus a million of other things (designs, animation...).

You're pretty obsessed with the man aren't yah, duckroll?

I'd agree that he didn't have a fair shake in Destiny though.

lulz

The biggest problem of Destiny still is Kira, Lacus and their minions. They are *so* good and *so* perfect that anyone who doesn't go with what they're doing can pretty much be branded as evil. There's just no middle ground, and the writer reluctance to try and do something actually interesting with Shinn and Durandal's character totally killed it.

Well that plus a million of other things (designs, animation...).

Thing is they were perfectly relatable to in SEED. Kira actually had character flaws and Lacus had her own misgivings. Problem was, after they made the third faction by the end of SEED, they practically canonised her into the Pope of Love, and made him into Jesus.

Now Durandal was a completely wasted opportunity. Seriously. And Shinn? When I saw him fiddling with his dead sister's pink handphone and listening to her voice for the umpteenth time, I just couldn't empathise with him anymore. They drove that aspect into the ground, with the endless flashbacks.

Fuck Shinn. As I fondly recall, an infamous fansub group (AOne and Anime Kingdom, I think?)from that time actually put that statement in the credits after the episode in which he "offed" Kira.

Hero

It's such bullshit that Kira somehow fucking escaped from being caught in the Freedom exploding at point blank range. Like some serious Gundam Wing type bullshit.

Jubern

Totally agree about how Kira and Lacus were way more bearable until the 2/3rd of SEED. After that it was all downhill.

But yeah the dead sister angle was a pretty terrible one since they never really went anywhere with it. I mean fuck, with Asran on board they had all the time in the world to talk about the Freedom and Kira. I'm starting to hate saying things like this since its not really relevant, but the way Destiny characters and plot were portrayed in subsequent apparitions (SRW mainly) made me rethink a lot of things about the series, and most notably how much of a train wreck it is.

Totally agree about how Kira and Lacus were way more bearable until the 2/3rd of SEED. After that it was all downhill.

But yeah the dead sister angle was a pretty terrible one since they never really went anywhere with it. I mean fuck, with Asran on board they had all the time in the world to talk about the Freedom and Kira. I'm starting to hate saying things like this since its not really relevant, but the way Destiny characters and plot were portrayed in subsequent apparitions (SRW mainly) made me rethink a lot of things about the series, and most notably how much of a train wreck it is.

Hooboy. I haven't really caught up with the latest installments of the SRW (Taisen) games, but the last one I played had characters up to SEED. It was still good, Kira was basically god in the game lol. Get his morale up, activate SEED mode, and fuck 'em all with the HIMATs on the Freedom.

Just like Domon Kasshu in the God Gundam. Fucking untouchable lol. Outfit them with EN rechargers and you're good to go.

EDIT:- Oh and btw, thats a lovely Crossbone Gundam avatar. I wonder why they never made an anime of that Gundam. It only ever appeared in manga and the SRW games. Had a pretty sweet heavy metal tune that played when you used it in the SRW games.

Woah. Thanks for showing me the light. Is this a Japan only PS3 game?

Yup, but since it's region free, it's all good. The vid I showed is of the arcade sequel, but there's no news as to when it will hit consoles.

They did recently re-release EXVS as a BEST release so you can get it on the cheap now: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498975

There's a bunch of us here that still play as well, so if you ever grab it and want to play online, we got your back. :)

Yup, but since it's region free, it's all good. The vid I showed is of the arcade sequel, but there's no news as to when it will hit consoles.

They did recently re-release EXVS as a BEST release so you can get it on the cheap now: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498975

There's a bunch of us here that still play as well, so if you ever grab it and want to play online, we got your back. :)

Thanks again lol, I might just consider it. :D

Last Gundam game I played of that type was ages ago on the PS2 though.

Mobile Suit Gundam:- Journey to Jaburo was its name lol. It was one of the first PS2 Gundam games ever made. This one (EXVS) seems a hell of a lot more fast paced, with boosts every where lol.

Oh, I actually prefer this version of the Crossbone Gundam Skullheart track (warning, abit loud):-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4aqBj-boS0

Crossbones was pretty cool. Well, at least the first series was. I hear things get really strange for Tobia.

Speaking of Gundam manga, I heavily suggest The Plot to Assassinate Gihren Zabi. Not much fighting until the very end. It's more of a political thriller than anything. Really gives you a great first hand look at the state of Side 3 near the end of the war.

Crossbones was pretty cool. Well, at least the first series was. I hear things get really strange for Tobia.

Speaking of Gundam manga, I heavily suggest The Plot to Assassinate Gihren Zabi. Not much fighting until the very end. It's more of a political thriller than anything. Really gives you a great first hand look at the state of Side 3 near the end of the war.

Will look into that. Last one I read was about Char's undocumented affair with a young and innocent Haman Khan. Now that was really awesome, you really get to see why she behaves as she does with Char and all the details of their sordid history is laid out.

EDIT:- The actual title was Gundam - Char's deleted Affair.

The Crossbone side stories after the first series is pretty hilarious. Newtype monkeys, Ball Gundam, fighting Amuro AIs,
teaming up with old Judau, etc.
The one after that, Steel Seven, is pretty badass, and solidifies Tobia even more as a super boss. The one that's currently being released now, Ghost, takes place during Victory Gundam and is rather interesting.

I saw a page where they revealed the Newtype Monkeys. Weren't they also piloting
Monkey-customized Zaku IIs
if I recall correctly?

I heard about
Old Man Judau and his junker ZZ Gundam
as well. So awesome. He is one of my franchise favorite protagonists so it's nice to see him pop up.

As for the Amuro AI, that's the first I've heard of it. What is the context of that?

I saw a page where they revealed the Newtype Monkeys. Weren't they also piloting
Monkey-customized Zaku IIs
if I recall correctly?

I heard about
Old Man Judau and his junker ZZ Gundam
as well. So awesome. He is one of my franchise favorite protagonists so it's nice to see him pop up.

As for the Amuro AI, that's the first I've heard of it. What is the context of that?

I forget what the exact details are, but I think remnants of the Jupiter Empire built their own version of the Crossbone Gundams, the Amakusa. They also retrieved the original core fighter of the RX-78-2 and made a biobrain using Amuro's combat data and put it into the Amakusa since it was such a super high performance suit.

And yes, the monkeys did have monkey Zakus, lol.

That doesn't sound too bad. Actually. It at least uses some of the logic of the show, since they say in the very first episode that the Gundam has a learning computer. The Newtype Monkey thing on the other hand...

fertygo

I really like Shinn as protag (maybe the only person in the world, but.. but his Gundam ;___;) like him since he throwing truth bomb to Cagalli lol
Yeah he a son of bitch, but that's the part of his character.. they should handle him a lot better though, since he came across as bigger bitch than Kammile.. But man if the production committee not retcon him became duo with Athrun, and not make him Durandal's lapdog. Argh.. Fuck you Kira Yamato.

I can't remember a single goddamn plot point from SEED Destiny and you're making me remember stuff and I don't like it.

Just try to think of things that happened in Mobile Suit Gundam and chances are it's close enough.

Edit: Hah, missed the destiny bit. But I am sure it's still close enough.

Just try to think of things that happened in Mobile Suit Gundam and chances are it's close enough.

Edit: Hah, missed the destiny bit. But I am sure it's still close enough.

Now that I think about it, Destiny did take some things from Zeta. Particularly the huge ass Gundam that Stella piloted and Shinn not wanting to kill her or something. Much like Four and Kamille.

Still, I can't fathom how I liked SEED so much and despise Destiny so god damned much.

isny

napkin dispenser
Now that I think about it, Destiny did take some things from Zeta. Particularly the huge ass Gundam that Stella piloted and Shinn not wanting to kill her or something. Much like Four and Kamille.

Still, I can't fathom how I liked SEED so much and despise Destiny so god damned much.

Shinn wasn't very likeable. The rest of the Minerva's crew though was amazing. Dat captain!

CorvoSol

The only characters I liked in Destiny was Durandal, Gladys, and Athrun. Everyone else sucked.

I thought Kira and Lacus were more enjoyable in Destiny than SEED. But whatever, Destiny only exists to
reunite Mu and Murrue
in my book.

And as to the question of "Is Shinn the only Gundam protagonist to lose the final battle" it depends on whether or not you count Flit as a protagonist or not.

I don't, so Gundam AGE is the only Gundam show where the villain wins.

On the topic of models: Does anybody know where I can get a relatively cheap Wing Zero Custom from the Bandai Spirits line? I can't even find it on e-bay, and on Amazon it's all up in the hundreds.

I also don't know how people can say regular SEED is bad when we have shows like 00 and AGE in the series.

Hystzen

And as to the question of "Is Shinn the only Gundam protagonist to lose the final battle" it depends on whether or not you count Flit as a protagonist or not.

I always view the end of first season of 00 as a defeat, the heroes make zero impact to change to world or kill any of the enemies

Shinn wasn't very likeable. The rest of the Minerva's crew though was amazing. Dat captain!
Well, Kycilia Zabi is pretty cool.
I always view the end of first season of 00 as a defeat, the heroes make zero impact to change to world or kill any of the enemies
Kind of missed the key point of that they were supposed to lose. And that the very change they brought about is what defeated them.

Jubern

I thought Kira and Lacus were more enjoyable in Destiny than SEED. But whatever, Destiny only exists to
reunite Mu and Murrue
in my book.

IMO, this is one, if not THE best example of why Destiny is a terrible fanbase pandering train wreck :/

CorvoSol

IMO, this is one, if not THE best example of why Destiny is a terrible fanbase pandering train wreck :/

Aw, c'mon,
Murrue's reaction to Mu not remembering her
was one of the best written points of the entire run. Now, the way they explain
how Mu survived and became Neo
in one twenty second montage, on the other hand, is way worse.

And, you know, the way Destiny retreaded everything SEED did, which in turn was just a reinterpretation of the events of 1st Gundam. And also that Shinn is one of the worst Gundam protagonists.

Tier of awful Gundam protagonists:
Flit Asuno: AKA Hitler.
Shinn Asuka
Setsuna F. Seiei

Best Gundam protagonist is Domon Kasshu.

Tier of awful Gundam protagonists:
Flit Asuno: AKA Hitler.
Shinn Asuka
Setsuna F. Seiei

Best Gundam protagonist is Domon Kasshu.

I didn't watch AGE until the end so I don't know the specifics, but seriously?

Was he that tyrannical? AGE was just a friggin kiddy Gundam show made for kids right? Well at least thats how it felt to me until I stopped watching it. You can't be seriously invoking Godwin's Law for a Gundam show can you lol?

Completely agree with your other two choices by the way. We'll have to agree to disagree on Domon, although if there were a tier listing for best he'd be up there in the top 5 for me. Being a UC fanatic, the correct answer for me can only be Captain Bright.

Beth Cyra

Was he that tyrannical? AGE was just a friggin kiddy Gundam show made for kids right? Well at least thats how it felt to me until I stopped watching it. You can't be seriously invoking Godwin's Law for a Gundam law can you lol?

Completely agree with your other two choices by the way. We'll have to agree to disagree on Domon, although if there were a tier listing for best he'd be up there in the top 5 for me. Being a UC fanatic, the correct answer for me can only be Captain Bright.

He actually says flat out that ALL Vegans need to be killed. He fights with his own Son because he doesn't want to kill every person who isn't born on earth.

It's not until the last episode they pull some really stupid nonsense that finally calms him the hell down.

CorvoSol

Was he that tyrannical? AGE was just a friggin kiddy Gundam show made for kids right? Well at least thats how it felt to me until I stopped watching it. You can't be seriously invoking Godwin's Law for a Gundam show can you lol?

Yes, he really was.

I don't know how far you made it, but the third arc Flit Asuno is nothing short of a tyrant.

Here are some things he does between the second and third arc to cement this point:
1)Instigates a military coup d'etat.
2)Assumes control of the military well after he supposedly retired.
3)Trained his grandson from a small age to kill people, then cheered him on as he did.
4)Flat out advocates nothing less than the absolute eradication of the Vegan race. Repeatedly, vehemently, and violently.
5)Attempts to make good on this by using weapons of mass destruction, even if it means killing his own grandson.
6)All of this culminates in Flit, pointing the equivalent of some kind of nuclear superwarhead at the Vegan homeworld by himself, and also at his own grandson. He only backs down from this when persuaded
by a dead woman
. Otherwise he was perfectly capable of committing genocide, and murdering his son and grandson in the process.

Now, I'm just a humble viewer of Gundam, but isn't it usually the place of the villain to point and prepare to fire the WMD at the undefended world? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Patrick Zala and Azrael Muruta were the villains of SEED, weren't they? And Ghirin Zabi was the villain of 1st Gundam, wasn't he? And wasn't Ghirin Zabi's plan to fire a WMD at Earth to win? And didn't Ghirin Zabi get compared and willingly accept the comparison to Adolf Hitler?

I'm not invoking Godwin's Law with Gundam AGE's so-called hero. I'm saying Flit is the Ghirin of Gundam AGE, and Ghirin was directly compared to Hitler, soooo.

EDIT: Oh and let's not forget his frequent abuse of women, shall we? Barring Yurin, all women exist for three purposes in Gundam AGE: To be brow beaten by Flit, to be killed by Flit and his sons, and to be impregnated by Flit and his sons. Nary a woman in the show falls outside these three categories. Except like, that one mechanic's wife.

He actually says flat out that ALL Vegans need to be killed. He fights with his own Son because he doesn't want to kill every person who isn't born on earth.

It's not until the last episode they pull some really stupid nonsense that finally calms him the hell down.

Yes, he really was.

I don't know how far you made it, but the third arc Flit Asuno is nothing short of a tyrant.

Here are some things he does between the second and third arc to cement this point:
3)Trained his grandson from a small age to kill people, then cheered him on as he did.
4)Flat out advocates nothing less than the absolute eradication of the Vegan race. Repeatedly, vehemently, and violently.
5)Attempts to make good on this by using weapons of mass destruction, even if it means killing his own grandson.
6)All of this culminates in Flit, pointing the equivalent of some kind of nuclear superwarhead at the Vegan homeworld by himself, and also at his own grandson. He only backs down from this when persuaded
by a dead woman
. Otherwise he was perfectly capable of committing genocide, and murdering his son and grandson in the process.

Now, I'm just a humble viewer of Gundam, but isn't it usually the place of the villain to point and prepare to fire the WMD at the undefended world? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Patrick Zala and Azrael Muruta were the villains of SEED, weren't they? And Ghirin Zabi was the villain of 1st Gundam, wasn't he? And wasn't Ghirin Zabi's plan to fire a WMD at Earth to win? And didn't Ghirin Zabi get compared and willingly accept the comparison to Adolf Hitler?

I'm not invoking Godwin's Law with Gundam AGE's so-called hero. I'm saying Flit is the Ghirin of Gundam AGE, and Ghirin was directly compared to Hitler, soooo.

EDIT: Oh and let's not forget his frequent abuse of women, shall we? Barring Yurin, all women exist for three purposes in Gundam AGE: To be brow beaten by Flit, to be killed by Flit and his sons, and to be impregnated by Flit and his sons. Nary a woman in the show falls outside these three categories. Except like, that one mechanic's wife.

That's just hardcore lol. The conflict with the Vegans when he was a kid in the 1st arc must've really scarred him for life lol.

You're both right mates.

CorvoSol, when you list out the points in that way, I've almost no choice but to agree lol. Gat damn, it almost makes me wanna view that terrible show again just to see exactly how Flit Asuno turned from such a sweet, cute, little boy into a bitter old man capable of committing genocide of an entire civilisation.

Gat dayum lol, the show actually got pretty dark towards the end, didn't it?

Gundam Seed HD 28 bd
tumblr_mjemtgyuMD1qbxqfpo1_500.png

First half looked largely untouched or something with dated visuals, they could have touched some of it up, certainly given to those conversations scenes instead of scenes where Strike is just standing doing nothing.

Plotwise this Gundam series is starting to feel really depressing. Honestly have to wait several days to go to the next because the writer just makes it that way for some strange reason. If something bad happens to Ahtrun or he meets death would easily become the least good Gundam.
First Nicol of last episode and that intense scene with Yzak taking it so hard, and then Athrun having grasping and taking one last whiff of Nicol's uniform before going all rage and such against Kira. And Poor Kira having to not only see that death but then be up close with Tolle who now joined the deceased in that crossfire. Tolle had such a bright and promising future. Though both he and Ahtrun have one more thing they can relate to each other with, hopefully they can get over any hard feelings and try to resolve differences? Really strange conclusion, how could Kira even survive the self destruct and melted chair?!

Blader

Yep, with tons of characters getting killed off Victory-style. It was only until literally the last 5 minutes where the show pulled an about face to pull a Destiny-esque flawless victory happy ending.

I dunno guys. AGE had a lot of problems, but Flit was not one of them in my opinion. He was a pretty interesting protagonist, especially after Gen 1.

Alucrid

Banned
Yes, he really was.

by a dead woman

They legitimately named a race Vegan? Oh man.

Also I just finished up with Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and was wondering which gundam series i haven't seen are worth watching..

F91
Victory
After War Gundam X
Turn A
Unicorn

Blader

Also I just finished up with Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and was wondering which gundam series i haven't seen are worth watching..

F91
Victory
After War Gundam X
Turn A
Unicorn

Turn A, 00, and Unicorn

F91 is a movie, not a series. The story is rushed to the point of nonsense but it's interesting and extremely good looking, so I'd still recommend.

F91
Victory
After War Gundam X
Turn A
Unicorn

All of those are worth watching IMHO. If I had to rank them:

F91: Gorgeous animation. The first 30 minutes features my favorite battle in the entire franchise. It's so god damn amazing I cry thinking about how cool it was. As for the story, it's alright but sadly sort of rushed. It was supposed to be a full TV series but they had to condense the plot down to a movie. It's really good though.

Turn A: Some will tell you the show is too slow, has ugly robots, etc. But I find it to be absolutely charming. It has a remarkably solid cast. Loran is decent enough protagonist, but Dianna, Kihel, Sochie and Guin are all some of my favorite characters in the franchise. The artwork and music is absolutely fantastic.

Unicorn: It's still ongoing so you might want to wait until next year when it releases the final episode. But what has been released so far has been great. It's a very good continuation of a storyline that hasn't really had any entries that furthered its story in 20 years. Great artwork. Amazing soundtrack. The lead can be frustrating at times, but overall he's a solid dude.

Victory: It starts off a bit confusing because the studio scrambled the episode order in order to get the titular gundam some screentime in the first episode. Regardless, I found Victory to be a pretty decent series. Usso is a very good protagonist and one of the most creative pilots you'll see. Most seem to hate Shakti and frankly she does do some herpaderp shit, but I still found her charming. That is the best way to describe this series. Very charming. It has a sort of dream-like atmosphere due to the soundtrack. Some of the Zanscare mobile suits are pretty weird, but the V and V2 looks great and makes up for any weird BESPA designs

Gundam X: I think it under-utilizes its setting, but overall it's not bad. The pacing can be a little erratic and the conclusion is a bit rushed (it's the only Gundam series besides First that was cancelled). There are some pretty cool moments though. Most fans seem to really like Tiffa.

00: Most people will tell you that Season 1 is great and Season 2 is a letdown. Frankly I find Season 1 to be a little boring. Typical "Gundams overpower everything" battles. It isn't until halfway through season 1 that anything can challenge them. Still, the politics are solid, there are some decent characters. I find it hilarious how stoic Setsuna is. It's a little too "modern" for my tastes though

Alucrid

Banned
Turn A, 00, and Unicorn

F91 is a movie, not a series. The story is rushed to the point of nonsense but it's interesting and extremely good looking, so I'd still recommend.

All of those are worth watching IMHO. If I had to rank them:

F91: Gorgeous animation. The first 30 minutes features my favorite battle in the entire franchise. It's so god damn amazing I cry thinking about how cool it was. As for the story, it's alright but sadly sort of rushed. It was supposed to be a full TV series but they had to condense the plot down to a movie. It's really good though.

Turn A: Some will tell you the show is too slow, has ugly robots, etc. But I find it to be absolutely charming. It has a remarkably solid cast. Loran is decent enough protagonist, but Dianna, Kihel, Sochie and Guin are all some of my favorite characters in the franchise. The artwork and music is absolutely fantastic.

Unicorn: It's still ongoing so you might want to wait until next year when it releases the final episode. But what has been released so far has been great. It's a very good continuation of a storyline that hasn't really had any entries that furthered its story in 20 years. Great artwork. Amazing soundtrack. The lead can be frustrating at times, but overall he's a solid dude.

Victory: It starts off a bit confusing because the studio scrambled the episode order in order to get the titular gundam some screentime in the first episode. Regardless, I found Victory to be a pretty decent series. Usso is a very good protagonist and one of the most creative pilots you'll see. Most seem to hate Shakti and frankly she does do some herpaderp shit, but I still found her charming. That is the best way to describe this series. Very charming. It has a sort of dream-like atmosphere due to the soundtrack. Some of the Zanscare mobile suits are pretty weird, but the V and V2 looks great and makes up for any weird BESPA designs

Gundam X: I think it under-utilizes its setting, but overall it's not bad. The pacing can be a little erratic and the conclusion is a bit rushed (it's the only Gundam series besides First that was cancelled). There are some pretty cool moments though. Most fans seem to really like Tiffa.

00: Most people will tell you that Season 1 is great and Season 2 is a letdown. Frankly I find Season 1 to be a little boring. Typical "Gundams overpower everything" battles. It isn't until halfway through season 1 that anything can challenge them. Still, the politics are solid, there are some decent characters. I find it hilarious how stoic Setsuna is. It's a little too "modern" for my tastes though

Awesome, thanks for the reviews. Looks like I'll cross 00 off the list since it being too "modern" would probably be an issue for me as well.

CorvoSol

That's just hardcore lol. The conflict with the Vegans when he was a kid in the 1st arc must've really scarred him for life lol.

You're both right mates.

CorvoSol, when you list out the points in that way, I've almost no choice but to agree lol. Gat damn, it almost makes me wanna view that terrible show again just to see exactly how Flit Asuno turned from such a sweet, cute, little boy into a bitter old man capable of committing genocide of an entire civilisation.

To be entirely honest, Gundam AGE had a chance of being an okay show. It shoots itself in the head in the third arc, though, because Hino couldn't let Flit actually be a villain. That is to say, there's a point where Kio goes to the enemy homeworld and meets them, and it's a very humanizing experience both for the alleged main villain, Ezelcant, and for the Vegan in general. But then Hino realized that the so-called bad guys were way more sympathetic than Flit, and well, he couldn't let that happen, so he pulls this bullshit explanation that
Ezelcant is worse than Flit because Ezelcant's plan isn't to bring the Vegan to earth, but to build a world out of only the best people, being the ones he chooses.

It all falls apart though, because Ezelcant's plan is 1) Flit's plan, except
swap out "best people" for "earthlings"
, and 2) Ezelcant doesn't go out there and point a mother flipping super nuclear warhead at innocent people.

Yes, but it's pronounced Vay-gehn, not Vee-gehn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom