• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Zeta is a good candidate for MG 3.0? Maybe bring it in line with the Real Grade?

Of course, after they get done with the RX-78 and Zaku II which you know will be first on the agenda.

Beth Cyra

You think Zeta is a good candidate for MG 3.0? Maybe bring it in line with the Real Grade?

Of course, after they get done with the RX-78 and Zaku II which you know will be first on the agenda.

Zeta is very likely. RX-78-2, Char Zarku II, Zaku II, Zeta, Gundam Mk II (AEUG/Titan), Strike, Freedom, Strike Freedom would all probably top the charts as far as likely releases.

After that it's a crap shoot. It really depends if Bandai want a 3.0 line to be a real line or if they would just want it for a few suits and then modify it like the did so often with the Zaku II 2.0's innfer frame.

There are several high profile models that could be done, and Bandai would likely make bank, however this is no more true with a 3.0 then it was with 2.0's and up until Strike RM they never went beyond Zeta with the 2.0's. That and it's worth pointing out that Strike RM is only really more of a 1.5 given how much of the Duel MG it's based on and things like the fixed hands, they didn't even give Kira the full 2.0 treatment.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I think this might be the part where we disagree?

They want Char to be a representative for Spacenoids in some way, to advocate things on their behalf. In other words, they want a politician, not a king. As for why they chose him in particular: why not? Like I said, he's in a position where he can unite most spacenoids under one banner. He's distinguished himself on the battlefield and he's got an important name (whether this is actually a good judge of leadership is up for debate obvs, but that shit is appealing). He's got the right ideas (Get People The Fuck Off Earth). He's good looking and smart and charismatic. He's basically everything they could want in one dude.

I dunno, all the talk of him taking his place and not worrying about the former AEUG rep dying right as he does it makes it sound like they want him to be something more than just their pres.

Enron

Banned
The animation is especially top notch, the MMM (Macross Missle Massacre)

tigerdafuq1.png

I liked the first episode of ZZ just for sexy Shuichi Ikeda voice and the section where they talk about the how mobile suits were made for colony construction

glaurung

I just found out that Bandai is bringing out the Master Grade Geara Doga later this summer.

Damit, why don't they release the Geara Zulu in MG format? It'd look amazing next to my Sinanju and Sinanju Stein.

I just found out that Bandai is bringing out the Master Grade Geara Doga later this summer.

Damit, why don't they release the Geara Zulu in MG format? It'd look amazing next to my Sinanju and Sinanju Stein.

Because one of those was in CCA and looked cool and the other wasn't.

Well Real Grade kits looked just like scaled down MG kits. So I guess if you scale them back up you can call it MG 3.0, would be nice if this was more than just a marketing gimmick.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I figured I'd post this here, too.

Gunpla for sale. I posted in BST, but I imagine there would be some moderate interest here over BST. That being said, it's some model kits that I just don't have time to either assemble or paint/finish. We just bought a house, so the extra cash would be real nice.

To this day, I find Exia to be the most exquisite and elegant gundam design in the whole franchise.

Pawn Gundam for life.

Yeah, I think it is a very cool, sleek design. Superior to its replacement, something that isn't actually that rare, in my opinion.

I figured I'd post this here, too.

Gunpla for sale. I posted in BST, but I imagine there would be some moderate interest here over BST. That being said, it's some model kits that I just don't have time to either assemble or paint/finish. We just bought a house, so the extra cash would be real nice.

Tempted by the Nu, but I can'd justify that spending right now. I was so noncomittal I had it sitting in my cart at HLJ for a month before it sold out temporarily. Good luck.

Can anyone translate what is so good about 3.0? Looks like they are not doing the anime style look they did with 2.0, which is nice for a whatever amount of dipping this has to bee. More frame improvements over 2.0?

Also, apparently RightStuf is publishing the remainder of Gundam UC on DVD for those of us who can't justify absurd prices. Coming in August with part 3. Looks like they are actually just reissuing Parts 1 and 2 in August, with no date for the newer episodes/Part 3 available yet.

Gundam UC DVDs by Rightstuf

Hopefully this will lead to future stuff, even if it is stuck on just DVD with Honneamaise charging Japanese rates for the blu stuff. Turn A? Seems highly doubtful, but one can hope.

Droog

So what's new about the 3.0? The render looks ace, but it's well, you know, a render.

So according to an email I got from HLJ this morning;

Hobby Link Japan said:
Promising even greater articulation and posability than earlier versions, the Ver. 3.0 kit features a new "moveable armor system" that works with the inner frame to create even better movement and positioning. All in glorious MG 1/100 scale!

Sounds cool but... it's just another RX-78 2 at this point. I might change my mind when I see it of course and being the silly Zaku fanboy that I am, I'll be all over the Zaku 3.0 when it's inevitably announced.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN983655/Gun

Shoved my pre-order in.
Was aiming to get the MG F91, MG Turn-A, MG Nu Ver.Ka or the upcoming MG Strike, but this is too exciting to pass up.

Well, you know, if it actually is exciting and Bandai isn't just blowing bubbles in our faces. Don't care so much about poseability as I do about the looks and details. Unless it's the RG Zeta where its lack of leg stability makes me wary of even walking in my room.

I wonder when we'll get RG Unicorns. No doubt they'll throw in the transformation ability and make it all flimsy again. I'd like it they offered the Unicorn mode and Destroy modes separately.

Droog

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN983655/Gun

Shoved my pre-order in.
Was aiming to get the MG F91, MG Turn-A, MG Nu Ver.Ka or the upcoming MG Strike, but this is too exciting to pass up.

Well, you know, if it actually is exciting and Bandai isn't just blowing bubbles in our faces. Don't care so much about poseability as I do about the looks and details. Unless it's the RG Zeta where its lack of leg stability makes me wary of even walking in my room.

Wow, it looks pretty nice actually. Better than the 2.0 in my eyes. I'm going to resist for now although if I see it for sub-3000 yen in the future, I'll bite easily.

How do you guys feel about the proportions of the 3.0 Gundam? It seems to be pretty good. The hands seem kind of huge though, as does the beam saber. I do like the shape of the beam though.

The poseability (something that is very important to me) seems to be pretty great.

http://www.tomopop.com/ul/30429-shi...er-grade-gundam-3-0/GundamMG30_08-noscale.jpg

One thing that is concerning me is the fact that people are calling it basically an enlarged RG. I guess there isn't really any way to tell until we see the inner frame, but I hope its not true. the RG had a lot of problems with pieces such as the skirt falling off. Hopefully if it is enlarged, those problems are reduced.

I'm not entirely sold on the kit yet, but I'm definitely going to pick up the 3.0 Char Zaku.

Dead

well not really...yet
I was browing through some of the Remastered HD episodes of Gundam Seed for some reason

Did they seriously remove the ED "Find the Way?"

what the fuck

Why do I find the good threads so late? Big Gundam fan here even after AGE which imo was terrible after Asemu's part was over.

Any signs of a new one or is Gundam Unicorn and Valvarave the new focus for now?

What are the chances that the next MG 3.0 is not a Zaku? I've still got my Char's Zaku 2.0 unbuilt so I'll probably pass on it. Might get the Titans MkII 3.0 if they make it.

I'm not too crazy about them being extremely poseable. As long as there is a decent range of movement I'm good.

I was browing through some of the Remastered HD episodes of Gundam Seed for some reason

what the fuck

Now, bare in mind I haven't watched any of the Seed or Seed Destiny episodes because I really can't stand CE, but I was under the impression that ALL of the OPs and EDs were new?

Deadly

what the fuck
They removed ed2-3-4. yeah fucking lame. They kept it for the last episode though

They removed ed2-3-4. yeah fucking lame. They kept it for the last episode though

Wow, those EDs were part of the reason why SEED was great.

Fortunately I still have 'em DVDs. Letterboxing's on a 16:9 TV is a pain, but watching it in the OAR is still better than the alternative.

fertygo

The new ED3 are good, but they should kept ED2

I think the removed theme song because they can't sign new contract for them maybe.

I'm going through the SEED remaster right now.. some stupid character as you know aside, its as enjoyable as ever.

Jubern

For SEED, they replaced River and Find the Way with a new song. It kind of sucks, but I actually LOVE the new one. It's the only songs that got replaced, I think (All the OPs and the first ED are the same)

Here's the new one (spoilers!)

For Destiny first OP/ED are the same, we'll see if they change some down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom