• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
51DRfHwl1%2BL._SL500_300_.jpg

UC vol. 4 cover art.

Blader

Sexy sexy. It does sound like vol. 4 will be deviating a lot from the novel's story for the
Dakar
section.

Some new characters revealed too:

unicorn4_1.jpg

unicorn4_2.jpg

WHITE TRI-STARS, FUCK YEAH

Blader5489 said:
Sexy sexy. It does sound like vol. 4 will be deviating a lot from the novel's story for the
Dakar
section.

Sounds like
Bright is going to play a bigger role as well. I wonder who they'll get to voice him?

B.K.

Was the rumor that Unicorn would end with a full length movie after the release of Vol. 6 ever confirmed real or fake?

Dambrosi

Banned
Eh, I'll give AGE three episodes. If it doesn't do anything interesting by then, fuck Level 5.
AGE would have been much better as a full-blown Braves Saga series, I still maintain.

I would say "fuck Sunrise", but Unicorn is sweet. At least someone there still knows how to make a Gundam series.

distantmantra said:
5-minute Gundam AGE promo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQolfsOE7xs&feature=share

Yeah, yeah, whatever.
I think it's just time to give up on Gundam honestly. This just looks like something not for me, which is fine but meh on my part. I'll watch it, I watched Destiny and 00. I mean Unicorn is watchable, but not because it's good. It's just cool to watch mech battles in the UC timeline. Other then that it's characters are kind of dry, which I guess is also a UC thing.

AlphaDragoon said:
It looks so...dated. Like everything about it visually is a step back from Gundam 00.

What the hell, Sunrise.
Sunrise teamed up with Level 5. They know exactly what they are doing.

Oh man, I love this Youtube comment.
Dear Gundam Fans, Even if you do not like this series, please do not hate it. It exists for a reason, it exists so that a new generation of fans will become interested; it exists so Gundam can live on. This can lead us to a Crossbone Gundam anime adaptation, this can lead us to more masterpieces like Unicorn Gundam. Let it be and Gundam will only improve.
2a790cy.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Wow, that AGE trailer was really boring

...like all of L5's games :(

I don't mind if AGE is for kids, I don't mind if it's stupid like Destiny/OO S2, but I will mind if it's zzzz boring. Please don't be the most dull gundam ever :(

MechaX

That trailer didn't do anything for me. Most of the stuff that looked like it had some potential to be interesting was like "Eh... this guy could be cool. I guess." but never got beyond that phase.

Also, I was under the impression that this series would follow a single main character as he (and the Gundam I guess) got older, not necessarily his son and his grandson (who will probably also be typical teenage anime heroes). Bleh.

Averon

After watching that PV, my expectations cratered. I'll still check out the show out of pure curiosity, but they will have to pull out all the stops for me to get interested again.

Dresden said:
That'd be a good thing if it wasn't for the kiddie designs.

Now, I don't mean it looks dated as in "it looks like UC". I mean it looks dated as in "the actual picture quality looks like it was made when Eva and Cowboy Bebop were". It looks 10 years old already, and that's bad.

AlphaDragoon said:
Now, I don't mean it looks dated as in "it looks like UC". I mean it looks dated as in "the actual picture quality looks like it was made when Eva and Cowboy Bebop were". It looks 10 years old already, and that's bad.
It doesn't look that dated. I think you are falsely recalling the visual quality of 90's anime. It looks better than Gundam Seed.

Jex

ninj4junpei said:
It doesn't look that dated. I think you are falsely recalling the visual quality of 90's anime.
If it looked anywhere near as good as Cowboy Bebop I'd be pretty gobsmacked.

Quick

Banned
So, I bought an RG RX-78-2 1/144 scale. The skeletal frame + exterior is actually intimidating me. Haha.

According to the person who sold it to me, the cool thing about the RG line is the finished unit you eventually assemble looks exactly like it does on the promo images on the box. Is that true? Not that it matters to me, really.

S. L.

Quick said:
So, I bought an RG RX-78-2 1/144 scale. The skeletal frame + exterior is actually intimidating me. Haha.

According to the person who sold it to me, the cool thing about the RG line is the finished unit you eventually assemble looks exactly like it does on the promo images on the box. Is that true? Not that it matters to me, really.
...well sort of. it will look better than the other lines without painting

Quick

Banned
S. L. said:
...well sort of. it will look better than the other lines without painting

Good enough for me since I don't paint mine (though I am considering getting into that). I'd still consider myself new, having only assembled about 5 recently and a bunch as a kid. Should be fun.

And the person who sold it to me gave me four Gundam.info codes to enter, where I have a chance to win either four Perfect Grade kits, six Master Grade kits, or an exclusive tool set. Sounds nifty to me. I'd love to have that PG Wing Gundam Zero custom.

V_Arnold

Hm..if I loved 8th Ms Team, rewatched Seed and Seed Destiny several times, and kinda liked the concept of Gundam 00 (even if they messed up everything but the music on S2), should I look forward to any new Gundam?

That's beautiful...

Side question, why does Unicorn take half a year to release an episode? I've googled, but couldn't find my answer. They're nicely animated, but that can't be the only reason right?

33-Hit-Combo said:
That's beautiful...

Side question, why does Unicorn take half a year to release an episode? I've googled, but couldn't find my answer. They're nicely animated, but that can't be the only reason right?

Well its an ova right? So it's relatively not a series persay. Release volumes over time, get money from releases over time. Eventually release volumes in a set all the while Level 5's gundam show aires on TV as they gain $$$ for it and all products related. At least that's my guess as to what namco bandai is doing.

xero273 said:
This is probably the best place to ask. I'm in the US. Where is the best place to order gundam models?

Thanks.
gundamstoreandmore.com is a pretty good place to order from when I was back in the states.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ninj4junpei said:
Oh man, I love this Youtube comment.

2a790cy.jpg
Oh wow. Crossbone is long past the point of becoming reality. Gundam beast has more of a chance of becoming animated. To be honest, I don't care how AGE does, a gundam series only needs one thing to be successful; either a good story, or good designs. Having both is gravy. Its a good thing i the designs for wing were good, to the story was crap.

Parallax said:
Oh wow. Crossbone is long past the point of becoming reality. Gundam beast has more of a chance of becoming animated. To be honest, I don't care how AGE does, a gundam series only needs one thing to be successful; either a good story, or good designs. Having both is gravy. Its a good thing i the designs for wing were good, to the story was crap.

I...I just don't know who you are any more : (

Story of Wing was about on par with the rest of Gundam series. They almost have pretty poor stories, even the fan golden boy Turn A is just spitting out the same crap. Some of the OVAs were better in this regard and some of the best story wise.

Blader

Wing is probably the most misunderstood Gundam entry, e.g. all the complaints about the show's naivety re: Relena and her "total pacifism" preaching when the show is actually pretty damn cynical about it.

Parallax said:

I think it's pretty funny that people shit on AGE and keep demanding Crossbone...when an animated Crossbone would look pretty damn similar to AGE.

Blader5489 said:
I think it's pretty funny that people shit on AGE and keep demanding Crossbone...when an animated Crossbone would look pretty damn similar to AGE.

Crossbone is full of wacky and silly. I'm fine with it, but I wonder how many people who keep asking for it realize this.

distantmantra said:
Crossbone is full of wacky and silly. I'm fine with it, but I wonder how many people who keep asking for it realize this.
It's the biggest reason why I love it. Pirate Gundams. :3

I just want to read the end of Steel Seven. Nothing's been scanslated after they get to Earth again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom