• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiLonius

AGE 30.

The Diva's new captain has the last name Einus. It's pronounced just like Anus. Did anyone at Sunrise think about that?

Also, Zeaheart's MS looks like a lot like Eva unit 2.

I'm really liking his new suit. Between this one and his Zeydra from Gen-2, he's easily ended up with the few good Vegan designs.

tumblr_m35ypnG7LR1r1owudo1_500.jpg

Does it come with funnels?

Goddamn. Getting an S-rank on scenario 5 in Gundam UC is insane. You have to kill 35 MS in 4 minutes, but there are 3 Delta Pluses roaming around randomly (ie. hiding behind asteroids and don't show up on radar) that need to be taken out to unleash more MS to kill. My teammates follow me when I'm searching for the Delta Pluses instead of killing grunts.

Someone else buy the game so we can vent together.

Blader

Wtf, I didn't know this was coming out!

mkQSX.jpg

Also, according to this site, an announcement will be made on Sunday regarding Unicorn's future. Since Fukui says that he doesn't think the story can be completed in six episodes, my guess is that they'll either extend the episode order or finish the series in a movie.

Jubern

Also, according to this site, an announcement will be made on Sunday regarding Unicorn's future. Since Fukui says that he doesn't think the story can be completed in six episodes, my guess is that they'll either extend the episode order or finish the series in a movie.

There has been a rumor about a movie conclusion before. Essentially a longer 7th episode for cinemas. While it'd be logical, it'd really be a huuuuge dick move for international fans who would probably need to wait several months in order to see it...

Tookay

Wtf, I didn't know this was coming out!

mkQSX.jpg

Another sountrack?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. When does it come out?

Also, I'm down with the series being extended. It's felt like they've been too rushed trying to cram things in anyway. I don't want the last episode being a total mess.

Beth Cyra

Delta Plus and Age-1 Normal finally arrived in the mail.

Was kinda shocked at how thick Delta Plus's manual is given how thin the box is. As for extending Unicorn, I would be shocked if they didn't. It's doing amazingly well and it's really pushed UC in general in a way we haven't seen in a long time.

Beth Cyra

No kidding. AGE is bomba incarnate.

TruePrime, is the Delta Plus the MG?

Sure is.

In total the last month I picked up. Gundam Unicorn 1-5*, Zeta Gundam MG 2.0, Strike Gundam Real Grade, Freedom Gundam Real Grade, HGUC Gundam X, MG Delta Plus, MG Age-1 Normal, Gundam OO Season 1&2, MG Banshee, and was charged for Wing Gundam EW Girl.

* - Bought from Rightstuff. Obiviously Ep5 hasn't launched yet and sadly Eps 1 and 2 are back ordered so the only two that have arrived are 3/4.

Beth Cyra

I2VuPl.jpg

Got to say, nothing gets on my nerves more then getting a new model kit only to have the box damaged. Both Delta and AGE-1 had two crushed corners. Not a big deal but still a bitch.

isny

napkin dispenser
So with Bandai gone in North America we have no chance of Endless Waltz being released on Blu with subtitles right? Have there been any fansubs put out yet?

Beth Cyra

Wait, UC fans don't like Unicorn? Isn't Unicorn UC as well? I'm confused.

Depends on which UC fans you're talking about. If you are talking Early gundam fans before UC became very New Type/Space Wizard focus or not.

Really though, UC for as loved as it is has it's own splits and in fighting just like the AU Fans. Really the only reason why this type isn't more noticed is AU's typically don't last long enough to create such divides so alot of time UC's put aside differences to bicker/provoke AU fans.

Happens with AU as well when you see someone who likes G/Wing/Turn A/SEED calling UC shit. And yes, Unicorn is UC. After Char's Counter Attack but before F91/Crossbone and Victory if I remember right.

Wait, there's actually people that hate UC??

Personally I've never been a fan of UC(Timeline). There are some UC(ZZ and Unicorn) stuff that I like, but generally I much perfer AU to UC.

Beth Cyra

UC FO' LIFE.

SPACE WIZARDS FO' LIFE.

SUCK IT, AU FANS.

;-)

At this point though, is their a series that doesn't get Space Wizard crazy?

UC has CCA and Unicorn

CE has Jesus Christ who weilds infinite ammo and has space wizard powers.

AC Has genetically modified super soldiers who use mobile suits that may or may not be alive with the spirit of cats and can read the future.

AD has gods

CC has a machine that can stand on the level of Shin Getter or even higher.

FC has Dragon Ball mixed with Gundam and Sailor Moon.

So if you're going to hate on any gundam, using the wacky part seems like a bad idea when no matter which poison you pick it's going to look bad.

By the way, what is AGE's version of Space Wizards? I heard they have Newtypes, are they super powered like Amuro/Kamille/Judau or something like Mu?

Uh... I've seen UC as the common abbreviation for Gundam Unicorn. That's what I meant by UC haters (there are a fair amount of folks who, for whatever reason, think it's terribad).

Beth Cyra

Uh... I've seen UC as the common abbreviation for Gundam Unicorn. That's what I meant by UC haters (there are a fair amount of folks who, for whatever reason, think it's terribad).

Well that is the correct term for it.

Just there is Gundam UC which is Unicorn and UC(Univeral Century) Gundam which is the main/central Gundam timeline which has MSG/Zeta/ZZ/Sentinel/CCA/F91/Crossbone/Victory/Unicorn and several more I whose names I can't remember in it.

Outside of that, I'm sure UC has haters. I mean no Gundam is going to be able to please the differening tastes across all series. Granted you probably know all that, but I've been saying/typing UC for so long that even now my first thought when I see UC is to think Timeline and not Unicorn.

Just there is Gundam UC which is Unicorn and UC(Univeral Century) Gundam which is the main/central Gundam timeline which has MSG/Zeta/ZZ/Sentinel/CCA/F91/Crossbone/Victory/Unicorn and several more I whose names I can't remember in it.

Outside of that, I'm sure UC has haters. I mean no Gundam is going to be able to please the differening tastes across all series. Granted you probably know all that, but I've been saying/typing UC for so long that even now my first thought when I see UC is to think Timeline and not Unicorn.
I just get so defensive about Unicorn because it inspired a love that was almost there with 00 (but got ruined). I haven't felt so enamored with a Gundam series since... maybe 08th MS Team when I first saw it??

Ezalc

DAT DOHON.

G Gundam did get one on the Playstation in Japan. It's called Mobile Fighter G Gundam: The Battle.

ps_game_gundam_battle.gif

Mind blown, I wonder if either game is any good.

Yeah, it's weird how Gundam Wing got a fighting game, but G Gundam didn't. At least the God Gundam was in Battle Assault 2.

It just shows how little they care about G ;-; I'll never forget G though. G has a special place in my heart.

I'm watching Unicorn for the first time, I put off watching it since I felt like I needed to see all of the UC gundam shows before watching it but I got lazy and so I started watching it. Gotta say I'm really enjoying it Sinaju is insane, I got all giddy when the guy said how there was one mobile suit moving at three times the speed of the others. I'll watch the other shows when I get the time.

Beth Cyra

DAT DOHON.

Mind blown, I wonder if either game is any good.

It just shows how little they care about G ;-; I'll never forget G though. G has a special place in my heart.

Bandai loves G, and even more so loves Domon and Master Asia. They use Domon's VA to promote alot of AU stuff, infact he was the one of the main guy's used for alot of the Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus adds they did.

To be fair though, G didn't lite the world on fire and when you step back and look at it then you have Domon/Master Asia/Maxter and then you have a bunch of wild cards.

Honestly why use the pilot of Bolt Gundam, or even Bolt Gundam for that matter? Or a suit that is nothing more then Sailor Venus when you have things that are more iconic for being Gundam?

Ezalc

Bandai loves G, and even more so loves Domon and Master Asia. They use Domon's VA to promote alot of AU stuff, infact he was the one of the main guy's used for alot of the Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus adds they did.

To be fair though, G didn't lite the world on fire and when you step back and look at it then you have Domon/Master Asia/Maxter and then you have a bunch of wild cards.

Honestly why use the pilot of Bolt Gundam, or even Bolt Gundam for that matter? Or a suit that is nothing more then Sailor Venus when you have things that are more iconic for being Gundam?

Didn't know this. Best part of G is and forever will be Spiegel Gundam/ KYOUJI, with Maxter and Domon and Master Asia's manly bro/sensei-ness in second. Yes I realize that G wasn't exactly the most popular series given how different it is from the rest of other Gundam series in terms of style. Nobody cares about Bolt Gundam, not even the show cared about Bolt Gundam I think he was the one that got the least attention out of the five Shuffle Alliance Members.

This is the internet. People hate on anything and everything.

Beth Cyra

Didn't know this. Best part of G is and forever will be Spiegel Gundam/ KYOUJI, with Maxter and Domon and Master Asia's manly bro/sensei-ness in second. Nobody cares about Bolt Gundam, not even the show cared about Bolt Gundam I think he was the one that got the least attention out of the five Shuffle Alliance Members.

I don't care for G, but I have developed a foundness for both Domon and Master Asia when they are removed from the rest of G.

Spiegel is flat amazing regardless though, so I can agree on that. Again though, Bandai does love G, they use it alot and even going back to the early days of Master Grades G was treated very well and they had whole new things to make the G Gundam MG's work and had 4 master grades before most AU got any.

Hell to this day Wing still doesn't have Wing Gundam Zero (TV) as a MG but Shining/God/Master/Spiegel all have MG's and even when the EW suits started getting some love G and X (well no one seemed to care about the X stuff) got entered into the HGUC line which now has Shining/God/Master and Horse/Nobell and Nobell bersker.

This is the internet. People hate on anything and everything.

I'm cool with that though, well to an extent anyway.

When people start writting off Gundam because they say it's all like UC/AC/FC when we have such an awesomly different types of shows I get a bit angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom