• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

Damn. Well I think it's fair to say you probably got closer then anyone through out the years to creating a design that would end up being close to Epyon Ver Ka.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Damn. Well I think it's fair to say you probably got closer then anyone through out the years to creating a design that would end up being close to Epyon Ver Ka.

Haha, nah Katoki is a master. Doing gundam designs was just a hobby of mine back in high school.

Beth Cyra

Haha, nah Katoki is a master. Doing gundam designs was just a hobby of mine back in high school.

Well I won't argue. Katoaki is truly amazing in my mind. Still though, you got far cloesr to his idea for Epyon then anyone else I've ever seen.

As for those new designs by the fan.

Is Wing Rouge actually suppose to b Snow White? The other two clearly seem to be Sandrock's upgrade given the sword and Epyon White.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well I won't argue. Katoaki is truly amazing in my mind. Still though, you got far cloesr to his idea for Epyon then anyone else I've ever seen.

As for those new designs by the fan.

Is Wing Rouge actually suppose to b Snow White? The other two clearly seem to be Sandrock's upgrade given the sword and Epyon White.

I think they're just a fusion of the gundams with another anime show. I'm not sure which one, you'd have to ask anime gaf.

Beth Cyra

Madoka? Shouldn't be shocking. It's cool they were able to line up the look enough to mix it with some of the Frozen Teardrop advances. Intended or otherwise.

You think that's a crazy design, look at this one:

Izqss.jpg
Is it transforming into a Beyblade?

Gundam: The Origin (manga) is getting released in North America!!! Limited edition hardcover editions. Cannot wait.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-29/vertical-adds-gundam/the-origin-wolfsmund-manga
I was there for the announcement, took me completely by surprise. So excited, he said they wanted all kinds of color pages and essays for the first edition,they're trying to get the rights. And it'll be really limited so jump on it right away if you want the super cool edition.

Beth Cyra

Gundam: The Origin (manga) is getting released in North America!!! Limited edition hardcover editions. Cannot wait.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-29/vertical-adds-gundam/the-origin-wolfsmund-manga

Wow, I can say that really surprises me. Have no interest as I don't like Oriignal Gundam but still it is very cool.

Given Wing's much larger fanbase in America though I would have guessed if anything would have been picked up it would have been Glory.

Gundam.info is doing another one of the specials, this time the winner gets a Trip. got to say though I can't see what series they are wanting you to buy this time however. I don't know if it's just me but they are terrible about relating all the important info.

I love the Origin manga, I have the majority of it in Gundam ACE, but I am so psyched for a complete English release.

Also, I was in British Columbia over the weekend... I always see this across from Costco and finally took a picture:
536782_4331453965697_1356394161_n.jpg

Gundam Wing up to ep 10

Why did they kill off Heero so early?! He had just got to being really cool and amazing and then just offed like that for self sacrifice. I could feel Quatres pain gripping my heart, This was just one of the most unexpected things Ive seen in all the gundams Ive seen so far. I cant even

The female commander needs to be more graceful as she is just really awful for Oz while Zechs should really ditch the mask. I really wanted to see him hash it out with Heero as I would love to see a powerful MS v Gundam suit fight. This gundam is as awesome as Gundam Age at lots of times.

I was at Otakon over the weekend, and managed to get into the Sunrise Gundam Official panel as well as the Gundam UC ep 5 screening + panel. The Sunrise panel was ok. They showed a brief Gundam history video running from 0079 to AGE, and I was honestly surprised when AGE itself got relatively big cheers from the audience. When the audience Q&A opened up Shin Sasaki danced around the inevitable "future of Gundam in North America" question with the vague "we are working hard to bring Gundam to the NA audience so please keep supporting us" response (as expected). They spoke a bit about the Gundam Front theme park in Odaiba...I will do whatever is necessary to get there someday. Looks amazing.

My PS3 blu-ray drive died a few weeks ago before I had the chance to watch UC ep 5 so the Otakon screening was the first chance I had to see it. It was awesome getting to watch it on a big screen with an audience, so I suppose it was worth the wait. There was a panel/Q&A afterwards with Tetsuya Kakihara and Michael Sinterniklaas (the voice actors for Angelo) as well as Shin Sasaki again. No new news here either, though a lot of the interaction between Kakihara and Sinterniklaas was pretty fun.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just finished Seed and Destiny for the sorta third time. First time in years though. I forgot how great Dearka and Yzak were as characters in Destiny. It's too bad they didn't get more screen time together.

It's also too bad we'll probably never get that Seed movie they announced six or seven years ago =(

54-46!

There are a ton. Back in the states, I have a 10 book collection of all UC minus Crossbone and Unicorn.

Which ones do you recommend and where can I buy them? I would love to have a coffee table book with a bunch of useless knowledge about cockpits, mono eyes and beam sabers to browse through while I'm eating my breakfast.

On another note.. I'm building my first kit (RG Gundam Mk-II) and there are a ton of stickers that come with it, which ones should I avoid if I want to go for a cleaner look?

54-46!

They spoke a bit about the Gundam Front theme park in Odaiba...I will do whatever is necessary to get there someday. Looks amazing.
Are you referring to the showcase in DiverCity? because except for the 1:1 Gundam (that thing is amazing) there really isn't much to see there, I didn't see the introduction video though.

Droog

Are you referring to the showcase in DiverCity? because except for the 1:1 Gundam (that thing is amazing) there really isn't much to see there, I didn't see the introduction video though.

If you go inside, there's quite a lot to see although you do need to pay. I went with my brother in law back in May and we had a great time. There's the awesome 360 degree overhead cinema which showcases scenes from every Gundam series. The 1:1 Strike Freedom partial build is impressive and I also got my photo taken with (pictures of) Char and Emma Sheen as well as my sitting in a so-so replica of the Unicorn Gundam cockpit.

54-46!

If you go inside, there's quite a lot to see although you do need to pay. I went with my brother in law back in May and we had a great time. There's the awesome 360 degree overhead cinema which showcases scenes from every Gundam series. The 1:1 Strike Freedom partial build is impressive and I also got my photo taken with (pictures of) Char and Emma Sheen as well as my sitting in a so-so replica of the Unicorn Gundam cockpit.
Hmm, must've missed the Unicorn cockpit.

Yep, they did go over all that (well, not the Unicorn cockpit) as well as noting that they have most of, if not all Gunpla officially produced on display if I recall correctly (or at least a very large amount). I'd go just for the 1:1 RX-78 but the rest looks pretty cool too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I haven't watched Zeta yet, but if it has a character anywhere near as awesome as Schwarz Bruder then maybe. Otherwise nope.

Zeta is just a fantastic show, and the perfect example of Real Robot anime. It's also insanely depressing. and Quattro gives one of the best speeches in Gundam history.

Imo, 0079, 0083, Zeta together are brilliant.

I'd probably put Char's Counterattack and Unicorn on the end of that as well. Oh yes, 08th MS Team is pretty baller too.

Ezalc

Zeta is just a fantastic show, and the perfect example of Real Robot anime. It's also insanely depressing. and Quattro gives one of the best speeches in Gundam history.

Imo, 0079, 0083, Zeta together are brilliant.

I'd probably put Char's Counterattack and Unicorn on the end of that as well. Oh yes, 08th MS Team is pretty baller too.

Real robot is fun but I still like the Super of G for being so different.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Real robot is fun but I still like the Super of G for being so different.

I'm not sure why you have any interest in Gundam if you like Super more than Real. G is dumb fun, but if you're more of a Super fan, you really shouldn't be telling other people what the best Gundam is. :p

Out of the 2 I have completely watched.
BEST: Wing
WORST: G Gundam

3MZSH.jpg

I challenge you to a Gundam Fight!

I love me some Zeta, but I really thing Victory did it better. Sure it was Kill 'Em All Tomino, but damn.
Votoms is the best though. :3

Right, almost everyone here is wrong. The best gundam series, due to the very nature of the franchise, is Turn A. That's not to say the others aren't great or fun to watch like G Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam (movie trilogy). But if you want to talk about the best one, it's Turn A.

Ezalc

I'm not sure why you have any interest in Gundam if you like Super more than Real. G is dumb fun, but if you're more of a Super fan, you really shouldn't be telling other people what the best Gundam is. :p

I like the other gundams fine, I really enjoyed the first season of 00 and the Unicorn episodes. I also really liked the manga of Crossbone because Tobia is a boss. I just enjoy G the most because it's more dumb fun and action packed and because Schwarz Bruder is the best forever.

I have to watch that one. So far Gundam 00 is my favourite.

I wish they gave 00 a better OP and ED songs. I dont even remember them while for other Gundam I still remember the songs, like the 1st and 2nd OP for Gundam Seed, and the 1st ending song for Seed, the OP for Wing (retro though good), and most for Age.

Favorite Gundam: Age or Wing (well thus far, if it doesnt fall off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom