• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
ロックマン;208204606 said:
How's the video game censorship going for you? I hear Viva Pinata might be approved soon, as Australia is getting more lax on violent video games.

Are you under the impression that compulsory voting caused video games censorship?

NoPiece

I'm Irish, and holy shit am I worried this morning. The UK is our biggest trading partner by miles, we have an open border, biggest travel destination, etc etc etc. There are hundreds of thousands of UK citizens here and hundreds of thousands of Irish citizens there.

Fuck. Fuck. Thrice fuck.

So, probably won't change much...

Plum

First leave voter the BBC interviews

"Didn't think my vote would count that much"
"Now I'm really worried"

Second leave voter the BBC interviews:

"I wish Cameron can stay on"

Jesus fucking christ this goddamn country. Fuck it all.

Omni

In a way all this chaos orginated from Daraa syria. If people did something to stop the massive influx of syrians running from barrel bombs from the assad regime, britian wouldnt be in this situation.

In the end, obama's policy of containment rather than solving the syrian crisis has led to america's closest ally leaving the union. The world is lucky barack obama was not the president of the united states during the 90s. Otherwise we would be having bosnian and kosovo refugees as well

THANKS OBAMA

zakujanai

ロックマン;208204606 said:
How's the video game censorship going for you? I hear Viva Pinata might be approved soon, as Australia is getting more lax on violent video games.

This thread is as bitter as the referendum debate was.

BahamutPT

I'm Irish, and holy shit am I worried this morning. The UK is our biggest trading partner by miles, we have an open border, biggest travel destination, etc etc etc. There are hundreds of thousands of UK citizens here and hundreds of thousands of Irish citizens there.

Fuck. Fuck. Thrice fuck.

Both Ireland and UK have opted-out of Schengen Area membership. They both share what's called a common travel area (iirc) - that's why there's no borders between UK and Ireland.

*Splinter

Can you please be reasonable ?

You guys all blame the leavers , saying they're "racist, idiots" etc.

But all the hatred on this thread comes from salty remainers.

(I'm not a pro-exit BTW)
It takes some very selective reading to come to this conclusion. There has been plenty of shit on both sides.

Toxi

Banned
ロックマン;208204606 said:
Yes, mandatory voting is a better solution. One that I highly support because it works incredibly well in Australia.
Congratulations, this is the most baffling response I have ever seen on NeoGAF.

-duskdoll-

cG0rawQ.png

Those replies though.

I'd say I hope this blows up in their faces, but I doubt that the people responsible for this would be big enough people to admit that it did. All I know is that we're still the same people that we were 80 years ago.

I have leave voters on Facebook asking what our eligibility is for Eurovision.

Kill me.
Just shows how little thought was actually put into the vote on the leave side, so many people reacting on gut feeling without using any logic or critical thought to the logistical implications from the fallout.

That and believing the lies spouted by the leave campaign.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ive been watching Andrew Neil for years, he looks and his mannersims show someone who is genuinely pissed and angry.

PKrockin

ロックマン;208204606 said:
Damn you're right, this is the real story here, everyone shut the fuck up about jobs and immigration and trade, Australia censored some video games.

"Now I'm really worried"

Is this for real? What were they voting about then if they didn't want it happening!

sphagnum

Banned
In a way all this chaos orginated from Daraa syria. If people did something to stop the massive influx of syrians running from barrel bombs from the assad regime, britian wouldnt be in this situation.

In the end, obama's policy of containment rather than solving the syrian crisis has led to america's closest ally leaving the union. The world is lucky barack obama was not the president of the united states during the 90s. Otherwise we would be having bosnian and kosovo refugees as well

lol in the PoliGAF thread I predicated a few hours ago that this exact line of reasoning would be used to blame Obama.

They have to be, it's literally the only thing maintaining the continuous destruction on which other projects might be build (since Fascism doesn't have a free economy and therefore no 'creative destruction' as I believe it's called). They have to get that somehow.
You already knew that (I think), but I'm just pretending to add this for those who don't.

Yes, veneration of action for its own sake is one of the core tenants of fascism. Virility, manliness, the ingroup vs. the outgroup, etc. The fascist economy relies upon being constantly militarized so they always need enemies.

*Splinter

"Now I'm really worried"

"I didn't think Cameron would resign, I thought he had more backbone than that. He really could have made something of himself if he embraced this, could have been a turning point in his career"
Quote from a co-worker, I'm speechless

PJV3

Boris Johnson the man who lied about the EU for fun is going to be PM and head negotiations for 2 years.

That is when shit will really fall apart, i hope to god the tories don't make him PM, it's time to take this seriously.

So premier league buying EU players will be fucked in a couple years huh?
It's already hard enough brining in South American+Africa players into Prem league as it is.

letaros

Biggest flaw of democracy. Ignorance of people. You dont "referendum" such important issues. You use logic and you "impose" the best for your people. How is brexit the best?

Its gonna be ok Brits :)

Plum

Is this for real? What were they voting about then if they didn't want it happening!

It was about 5 minutes ago. If you can rewind on the iPlayer live stream, it's a typical "talking to the public" section.

The most optimistic person they interviewed in that segment was a remainer!

ロックマン;208204606 said:

You should feel embarrassed

Arksy

Boris Johnson the man who lied about the EU for fun is going to be PM and head negotiations for 2 years.

That is when shit will really fall apart, i hope to god the tories don't make him PM, it's time to take this seriously.

Ok, let's do this. Let's take this seriously. Who would you nominate if you had the choice?

I personally would prefer Daniel Hannan, but there is no way that will happen.

Nyx

OléGunner;208204878 said:
So premier league buying EU players will be fucked in a couple years huh?
It's already hard enough brining in South American+Africa players into Prem league as it is.

Yep, say goodbye to all EU players not being a regular starter for their nation. ;-)

Mr_Moogle

ロックマン;208204606 said:

Dude we have an R18+ rating for videogames. Games aren't getting banned these days and the example you used is stupid anyway because Viva Pinata was released here.

Wtf does this have to do with anything though?

RedShift

Boris has to be shitting it now. He's going to become PM during a recession he directly caused. His premiership won't survive long I imagine.

MrS

Banned
The EU won't take them back. This is it for the UK. The EU is gonna shit as much as it possibly can on the UK to keep it together. Any weakness means the collapse of the EU. Those in the UK should be prepared for some pretty damn high tariffs on imported goods.
Then the EU should expect high tariffs on the goods we export in kind

SomTervo

Quick, personal question. During these past few months I've been working towards entering the Teach First program, about which you UKGAF will probably have heard. I got in and was given a conditional offer for the 2017 cohort. If I finish everything they ask, I will be giving a one-month-and-a-half course next June and put in a teaching position in a secondary school for 2 years, while I also complete a Master's in Education.

There's one problem, though: I'm Spanish and I'm living in Spain right now. I have been doing every required equivalency test they asked from me and I'm only one test away from being fully validated: the English GSCE Equivalency Test I'm takin in July. No worries here, since I'm an English philologist (I have a Bachelor's Degree in English Literature, Grammar and History, basically).

But with today's results... am I fucked? I know that *if* I decide to take the plunge and move to England next year I will be in a very precarious position. I will not be covered by the NHS and I will be at risk of being told to go away at a moment's notice. Is there even an affordable healtcare insurance package I could buy? What about my girlfriend, who wanted to move with me and get a job there, so she could apply for Teach First the following year? I'm reallly scared, because I've been working my ass off to achieve this. What do you guys think I should do?

I don't think anyone's responded to you yet: no, I don't think you're fucked

The Leave won't happen overnight (it'll be a couple of years at least) and you should have more than enough time to establish yourself over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom