• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

it would make sense I'm sure the billychu on my 3ds friends list was male. I have a bad memory though. this doesn't matter. 3 hours and 58 minutes left
37aabf6cada711e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

It would be a fucking dream if they showed the OS stuff. I want to see the multitasking, video chatting, and achievement system. Give that its own spotlight instead of squeezing it all in 10 minutes for a conference.

If it isnt here today, it will probably be in the final talk they have wed.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
This is why there's a strong possibility of a Nintendo branded HDD, for people who don't want to live the hassle to choose a good enough external hard drive from a lot of different brand.

I guess Ninty could have a proprietary secure HD format so you're forced to buy Ninty drives.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
It was a Nintendo event in spain, because that living room was done for it and you could go and try the console, but people cant understand why theres also a BF3 video there.
The guy is an idiot, trust me, he cant even edit videos properly and much less make that good fake.
As he has turned into an internet spanish celebrity (because he is so bad his good) im pretty sure the guy just sended the videos of him playing and his "song" to someone who knows how to edit a video to do this "videoclip", and while the zelda and aliens parts are real, he also edited a part where he does like the guy is playing BF3 because in that part of the "song" he is talking about playing that game.
Thats probably what happened.
So yes he played the wii u at an event.
BF3 part is the only fake part because in that part Salvador Raya is "singing" about BF3.

Theres no more to it.
The Zelda footage in that is clearly off screen footage from E3 or CES (you can see the screen glare). That is the guy's living room.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Judging by recent history, Nintendo are by far the least likely of the three hardware manufacturers to do this.

Well it would be pretty easy to do and simple enough to make a drive unclonable. Even if you were to do a bit for bit copy.

Just generate a secure hash using the internal unique serial number embedded in the drives rom and do a compare with the decrypted hash at runtime.

TunaLover

Judging by recent history, Nintendo are by far the least likely of the three hardware manufacturers to do this.
Yep, outside of property DVDs and now custom property BluRay disc, they chose for standart storage media like SD cards, and now standarts HDD, when it´s optional for the consumer.

USB keyboards comes to my mind too, Wii supported these.

It´s highly likely that a HDD manufacturer comes with its own Nintendo licenced HDD however.

Thraktor

Well it would be pretty easy to do and simple enough to make a drive unclonable. Even if you were to do a bit for bit copy.

Just generate a secure hash using the internal unique serial number embedded in the drives rom and do a compare with the decrypted hash at runtime.

Technically easy, yes, but my point is that Nintendo don't require proprietary storage on the Wii, DSi or 3DS, whereas MS do on the 360 and Sony do on both the PSP and Vita.

damn I went to sleep again but still 3 hours to go
LLShC.gif

btw how will they show how to play the WiiU and features without games ? this will be interesting to see how Nintendo pulls this off
KuGsj.gif

KageZero

damn I went to sleep again but still 3 hours to go
LLShC.gif

btw how will they show how to play the WiiU and features without games ? this will be interesting to see how Nintendo pulls this off
KuGsj.gif

Well i think if they show any games it will be those demos from last e3 and maybe new super mario bros. But still i think we will at least see some pictures from games if nothing else

kami_sama

Well i think if they show any games it will be those demos from last e3 and maybe new super mario bros. But still i think we will at least see some pictures from games if nothing else
I think they won't show any games. The Nintendo Direct is only for the Wii U Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom