• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not both?

why would it be guilty?

2qdDUkc.gif

Who said some of those were torture?

648-nisemonogatari-8-araragi-head-tilt.png

Oh you guys....

Crazy rainbow was just the worst. Luckily all the ones after that one were good.

It comes right after brand new world which was an incredible op both the song and visually for its arc
enies lobby
then crazy rainbow came on half way through said arc and got skipped every time after that

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You're all wrong.
The real worst opening is *the remainder of this post could not be finished due to the creator being bludgeoned by the spoiler police*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not a big fan of Crazy Rainbow Star (the opening before it and after it are much better) but I will never skip it...for IMPORTANT PLOT REASONS.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
1 > 5 > 3 > 2 > 4

I love love love We Are, have two versions on my phone

I've got the Straw Hats version of it set as a favorite on my browser. I wish they'd do an English version of it though, just because it'd be cool to hear.

I do like another One Piece song the best though, but posting it would be a pretty big spoiler as far as the next arc goes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
brand new world was amazing. Such a shame that lasted only like 10 or so episodes.

I like Kaze wo Sagashite =/

Brand New World lasts a long ass time. It just happens during the hypest period of the show so everyone thinks it's super duper short. It's no Believe or OP 5 which do last forever but I pretty sure it's not even the shortest Opening even excluding the We Are remixes.

Kaze Wo Sagashite is my second favorite opening.

It goes in order: OP5, Kaze Wo Sagashite, Fight Together.

I've got the Straw Hats version of it set as a favorite on my browser. I wish they'd do an English version of it though, just because it'd be cool to hear.

I do like another One Piece song the best though, but posting it would be a pretty big spoiler as far as the next arc goes.

I would kill for a full version of we are in English, it's why I pray they get this rights crap figures out by the time they get to op 10. I also want a full version of dragon soul song vic magnolia or any half way decent singer who isn't sean schemmel or h/e his name is spelled. Stick to playing Goku Sean

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would kill for a full version of we are in English, it's why I pray they get this rights crap figures out by the time they get to op 10. I also want a full version of dragon soul song vic magnolia or any half way decent singer who isn't sean schemmel or h/e his name is spelled. Stick to playing Goku Sean

They'll probably have to get the rights sorted out by the time it comes time to close up
Thriller Bark
and
have everyone sing Bink's Sake

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Some of the versions of Dragon Soul in English are amazing. some are terrible. There's no middle ground at all though!

The second ending dub is hype as hell though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6DsWQBmrnU

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They'll probably have to get the rights sorted out by the time it comes time to close up
Thriller Bark
and
have everyone sing Bink's Sake

I don't think Bink's Sake will be an issue. Unlike the OPs and EDs which are licensed songs from actual artists, Bink's Sake is an in-universe song written by Oda and sung by Brook and the Straw Hats. I doubt Toei or any record company can touch that.

Moaradin

I didn't like the We Are remix(OP 10). That one is a perfect example of taking a good song and stretching it out too long. The original was the right amount of length.

We Are is still my favorite opening. We Go is probably my second favorite but I'm sick of hearing it already.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't like the We Are remix(OP 10). That one is a perfect example of taking a good song and stretching it out too long. The original was the right amount of length.

We Are is still probably my favorite opening.

It's got great visuals though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think Bink's Sake will be an issue. Unlike the OPs and EDs which are licensed songs from actual artists, Bink's Sake is an in-universe song written by Oda and sung by Brook and the Straw Hats. I doubt Toei or any record company can touch that.

They put it out on a CD and I'm not sure of Oda wrote the actual music to it or not (I know he did the words), but yea they will have to be able to do it and if there is an issue I only hope they get the rights to We Are sorted out at the same time.

They put it out on a CD and I'm not sure of Oda wrote the actual music to it or not (I know he did the words), but yea they will have to be able to do it and if there is an issue I only hope they get the rights to We Are sorted out at the same time.

Didn't oda get help from a musician to make sure the song would sound good when the anime got to it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They clearly had a working relationship with the group who did We Are as they got to dub it once already.

I just think they are past dubbing songs though. One Piece was basically the last major project they went through the effort on until the fifth Opening cock blocked em.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OP ep. 173: OH THANK GOD the
twin brothers of that sphere priest
wasn't around long. Though woooow, the way Nami looked after performing the finishing move looked a bit....suggestive with that blush shading....Doesn't help
Gon Fall AKA God
states that the pain will go away soon enough, then cuts back to her with the blush lines & a little bit of tears in her eyes. Or maybe listing all those fanservice shows earlier made me think that way.

wasn't around long. Though woooow, the way Nami looked after performing the finishing move looked a bit....suggestive with that blush shading....Doesn't help
Gon Fall AKA God
states that the pain will go away soon enough, then cuts back to her with the blush lines & a little bit of tears in her eyes. Or maybe listing all those fanservice shows earlier made me think that way.

How lewd

Gon Fall AKA God

actually i think i kind of remember that part with Nami being weird

789shadow

Banned
It seems the problem with Space Dandy is that it has sexual overtones period. I guess some people can't even handle that anymore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh, the original song was always that long (actually longer). Just the original TV cut is a minute shorter than the remix's TV cut.

Moaradin

Uhh, the original song was always that long (actually longer). Just the original TV cut is a minute shorter than the remix's TV cut.

I'm talking about the Opening.

compare the first one to the remix. The remix goes on for a whole minute longer. If that's how long the full song is, then I definitely prefer the first opening version.

Tenumi

Banned
It seems the problem with Space Dandy is that it has sexual overtones period. I guess some people can't even handle that anymore.

Remember, Violence is A-OK! Sexuality is a no-no!

Seriously, I enjoyed Space Dandy. I'll probably enjoy it this Saturday, too. Doesn't particularly matter much to me what others think of it. They can think what they want. Individuality is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom