• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some more Space Dandy gifs for ya'll

tumblr_mz02onYqGq1rkmjjzo1_500.gif

tumblr_myzw0cjcmG1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

tumblr_myyk3aTgPK1r5lfkbo1_500.gif

tumblr_myxclovhOH1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

tumblr_mz03p8mhGn1qhz95yo1_500.gif

beautiful

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
3 animes? Jesus Christ, Japan really must love HxH.

I think he's referring to Togashi's work in general.
There's anime based on Yu Yu Hakusho, Level E, and Hunter x Hunter. Hell, this isn't even the first HxH anime, there was one in 1999 (it actually got dubbed, but it's not worth watching).

Raxus

The only reason I haven't pushed hard to get HxH on the pre-watch block sooner is because, like AoT, it would be a perfect fit for Toonami. Assuming Funi is dubbing it I expect Toonami would say if they planned to air it or not.

Still I am puzzled why it has been so slow to get picked up. I assume it is due to popularity.

Amikami

Banned
Wow this thread took off again. Love the dandy gifs.

Edit: Lol. I didn't notice that Dandy was trying to push the air back in his mouth in the drowning scene.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This one might blow your mind.

There exists an OFFICIAL dub of the second Mobile Fighter G Gundam opening ~ I'll Trust You Forever.

It's decent! Pretty sure it's sung by someone with very little English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-WuBmDTV_Y

I love the fact that, years after I purchased them, I still recognize songs from the Para Para MAX US releases from years ago, haha. As soon as I saw "Trust You Forever", I figured it was the original version of This particular Mix...

As far as that English version of the song... Wow, if I listened to that in passing, I probably would never have noticed it was "English"...

Now that I've calmed down from that incredible game

By Wednesday I will finish up the remaining canon naruto episodes, then I'll move onto whatever series you guys want me to "experience" next.

Choices are

Tenchi gxp
Eureka 7
Samurai 7
Casshern Sins

After that I'll power marathon YYH

Man God

Non-Canon Member
E7 despite what some people say in here is legit good. Casshern the second best. Samurai 7 is awful but look like Cowboy Bebop compared to GXP.

E7 despite what some people say in here is legit good. Casshern the second best. Samurai 7 is awful but look like Cowboy Bebop compared to GXP.

If I was going to watch best show I'd watch YYH then ignore all other options and watch Samurai champloo which I own yet haven't seen.

Mik317

By Wednesday I will finish up the remaining canon naruto episodes, then I'll move onto whatever series you guys want me to "experience" next.

Choices are

Tenchi gxp
Eureka 7
Samurai 7
Casshern Sins

do not marathon Casshern Sins. dear god...don't do it.

Levyne

Banned
This thread is so fast now. I feel like a minnow in the Nile.

Off topic. Playing through TLOU now to see if it will get on my Goty list. My opinions pretty boring I guess. Good not great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What a disappointment Casshern Sins was, ESPECIALLY after being excited to see it after playing Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. Such a dull series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This thread is so fast now. I feel like a minnow in the Nile.

Off topic. Playing through TLOU now to see if it will get on my Goty list. My opinions pretty boring I guess. Good not great.

Exactly how I felt. All my friends bought into it hook line and sinker though.

What a disappointment Casshern Sins was, ESPECIALLY after being excited to see it after playing Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. Such a dull series.

You're the first person who's had a negative opinion on it so far, what made it not click with you without spoiling if possible

Amikami

Banned

I thought Casshern was anything but dull. I wish we could have more shows like that one, but it doesn't click with the audience.

Choices are

Tenchi gxp
Eureka 7
Samurai 7
Casshern Sins

GXP

Seda

Choices are

Tenchi gxp
Eureka 7
Samurai 7
Casshern Sins

iyvs14FPIVVyJ.gif

E7 got a little too loopy for my tastes near the end. I thought the 3rd to last episode was pretty good though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, that was weird. I accidentally edited a post instead of making a new one.

You're the first person who's had a negative opinion on it so far, what made it not click with you without spoiling if possible
Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting it to be so....serious, but I think I just recall so much of it being a downer & such. It's been a while, but I just remember that I tried to get into it, but I just couldn't. Perhaps it's just the fact the more serious talky stuff (this, Ghost in the Shell, etc) has a harder time grabbing my attention. I think like GitS, I can see the potential & how others like it, but it's not for me. I wouldn't really call it "bad", but "eeh".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I'll start chronologically reviewing Naruto:The Lost Years (aka the filler hell) in February. Should give me enough time to finish Inuyasha catch up. Might join Bass and watch Casshern and Samurai Seven.

I was waiting for Shippuden to premiere so the general premise of the first arc of the show wouldn't be a spoiler to people. Sasuke defected, Naruto almost stopped him but couldn't, went off to train with the toad hermit. Well, he was supposed to do that but the filler presents a slightly different take on that...that takes two years.

I was also thinking of scrapping it all together when the decision to reair Naruto came about. Then I thought it through and even if they did keep getting "new" uncut episodes to air they wouldn't get to the filler until 2016! No one will remember this project by then!

Going to aim for one a day. Will take pics when appropriate. Might do some gifs if I feel up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom