• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as bad as the crap they pulled in Alabasta

Imma sacrifice my life to save this kingdom

JK IM FINE!

meh. i think Skypiea was worse.
it was supposed to communicate a sense of scale and destruction, and the "death" of Conis's dad served as her prime motivation. all of which gets retconned into LOLNOPE. Pell was just some guy who ate it at the end.

it was supposed to communicate a sense of scale and destruction, and the "death" of Conis's dad served as her prime motivation. all of which gets retconned into LOLNOPE. Pell was just some guy who ate it at the end.

But nobody besides Conis sees her dad's sacrifice and as you said we give no fucks about Conis. Vivi by contrast we do care about and we do care for her kingdom and when all hope seems lost pell shows up and "dies" an honorable death to save the kingdom which the main cast minus luffy all see and comment on. Pell was also better established during the arc then conis's dad and it's the first time we see a named character die. The fact it's undone just screams cop out

Yeah, that was some bullshit. It seems Oda was
still too scared to kill people in the present. He got over that quickly though.

But nobody besides Conis sees her dad's sacrifice and as you said we give no fucks about Conis. Vivi by contrast we do care about and we do care for her kingdom and when all hope seems lost pell shows up and "dies" an honorable death to save the kingdom which the main cast minus luffy all see and comment on. Pell was also better established during the arc then conis's dad and it's the first time we see a named character die. The fact it's undone just screams cop out

well, both are definitely cop-outs. i just think going back on the death of Pell doesn't really match going back on the death of hundreds (thousands?) of people. it was a huge part of the reason we wanted to see Enel get beat up so bad by the end. i mean, at least Alabasta just kind of sweeps people dying in a civil war under the rug by not mentioning it and leaving it implied.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still think the biggest cop out of them all was a few arcs before that
not having the townsfolk string up Arlong at the end of the arc, especially considering the collusion with the marines.

Bout to pass out so I'll just post this 40 minutes early

But we have now reached Majora's mask, 72 hours till Space Dandy

you_shouldn__t_have_done_that_2_by_john_hamptonshire-d2zd6w4.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
God damn BEN, he finds his way into every possible facet of the internet.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just watched Strong World, and good news!
Ian Sinclair is literally flawless as Brook.

Agreed so much.
And hearing him as Space Dandy shows the man has range. I can see a bright future for Ian Sinclair.

Amikami

Banned
Bout to pass out so I'll just post this 40 minutes early

But we have now reached Majora's mask, 72 hours till Space Dandy

What will I do to pass the time. I'm pretty excited for the weekend in general. Just being back to normal schedule is nice, though movie month was totally awesome.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What will I do to pass the time. I'm pretty excited for the weekend in general. Just being back to normal schedule is nice, though movie month was totally awesome.

I was missing SAO right away, and of course I love One Piece and Soul Eater is finding its way again but yeah, by week three and four I actually wanted to see where Bleach (BLEACH!) was going.

Raxus

Man, Funi is getting close to the point where
they are going to need a lot of fresh voice actors/voice actors to return

After the March release Funi will officially be going into the next major arc. Hopefully they have the rights so they can keep up the steady pace of the releases.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

After the March release Funi will officially be going into the next major arc. Hopefully they have the rights so they can keep up the steady pace of the releases.

They have until the end of
Thriller Bark
locked up.

Also when they finish that they will only be about ten! episodes away from having official subtitles for each and every episode of One Piece.

789shadow

Banned

I thought they have to get through a filler arc after
Blackbeard vs. Ace
, or is that in the March release?

Sabaody Archipelago could be a tough one once they get there, there's so many new people being introduced.
casting speculation go?

Holy shit. Fox posted one of the Naruto Shippuden endings and so I started looking them up and there are 28 different endings for Shippuden. Why are there so many? What are they doing with the anime that they need so many endings? How many different ways can they do "Naruto and Sasuke have a rocky friendship"? It's straight up crazy balls, man.

789shadow

Banned
But yeah, One Piece is going to have to find voice actors for giant roles such as:

Moria
Camie
The Eleven Supernovas (Kidd and Law especially)
Admiral Kizaru
Silvers Rayleigh
Sentomaru
Boa Hancock
Magellan
Ivankov
Jimbei

I would say
Kuma and Akainu as well
, but they both have short appearances already.

That depends, how is your
KI-SHI-SHI-SHI-SHI
?

OnePieceGAF will get that

But yeah, One Piece is going to have to find voice actors for giant roles such as:

Moria
Camie
The Eleven Supernovas (Kidd and Law especially)
Admiral Kizaru
Silvers Rayleigh
Sentomaru
Boa Hancock
Magellan
Ivankov
Jimbei

I would say
Kuma and Akainu as well
, but they both have short appearances already.
I better start practicing.

MikeMyers

Holy shit. Fox posted one of the Naruto Shippuden endings and so I started looking them up and there are 28 different endings for Shippuden. Why are there so many? What are they doing with the anime that they need so many endings? How many different ways can they do "Naruto and Sasuke have a rocky friendship"? It's straight up crazy balls, man.

Ironically; the best opening of Shippuden is the one that correlates to the best arc (Immortals), but that is just my opinion.

Same with InuYasha actually; my favourite openings are the last two and the last batch of episodes are my favourite.

Jintor

Man, if only there was a way to collate toonamigaf posts directly with episodes of SAO.

Which OT did SAO start in?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

By not having all of them be about that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGmAoelDkE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhQ3LDeD7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHViQ6N98Zw

Believe it or not; Bleach and SAO are actually popular shows.

i really don't know why. is it really the only show with this particular brand of wish fulfillment that's set in a fantasy world? i feel like there HAS to be a show that has an overpowered main character with girls falling over themselves to get in his pants that does this shit better.

Jintor

Believe it or not; Bleach and SAO are actually popular shows.

They're also terrible shows.

Although I don't begrudge Bleach watchers their joy, since I remain oddly fascinated by the manga for reasons I fail to comprehend. But I really do think people who enjoy SAO have some kind of... blind spot.

MikeMyers

Hey; don't look at me; I'm not a fanboy of either. I was just saying despite how the majority of ToonamiGAF feels about them; they are still popular hence why its not surprising it got a sequel. That being said; I'm not gonna begrudge anyone for liking them.

Although; I've only seen Episode 1 of SAO I couldn't really judge it anyway.

MikeMyers

For reasons no one can quite understand. It sure isn't the quality though.

All people I know in real life that like Bleach just like it because they like the action and how its basically battle after battle. Although they all seemed to hate the Fullbring arc; which is the next canon one.

As for SAO....you can ask lazybones18 I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom