• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're terrible

Hot chocolate, soda, or bust

You're also weak. What's wrong with you, guys? You're like 20 something. It should not be this hard to stay up.

Well I always end up getting up early on Saturday cause my family is loud, so I'm waking up at 7am to 8am, then running around all day with them, not taking a nap cause nap time got replaced with the prewatch and trying to get through the gauntlet that is GitS WORDS WORDS WORDS IGPX ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ knocks me out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There is an art to both comedy criticism and parody criticism, you can't seem to do either. What made MTS3K work was that the movies they watched as a whole were awful and pretty funny on their own right, they then added commentary that further made the problems of the films even more hysterical.

My comments are like bad movies. ToonamiGAF is the MST3K.

Well except you, Bass. You're that guy in the back of the theater telling everyone to shut up.

All you do is post really unfunny comments or horribly generic criticism that out of context could be about half the shows on the Toonami block. What makes Toonami fun/enjoyable is watching the reactions of first time viewers and/or experiencing something new you haven't seen before. Yes sometimes we poke fun of the things we see in these shows, but most of us aren't trying to find things to hate or make fun of, we just give our honest reactions and thoughts. When you admit yourself that you're enjoying the show but try to make fun of it with really unfunny comments or jabs it just makes you annoying.

I think the fact that you're annoyed with my comments says more about you than anything. Have you ever wondered why I make fun of just One Piece? If I made the same comments about SAO they'd be lost under a tidal wave of other similar posts.

In my day, I was unfortunate to know some bad One Piece fans. They made me a little iffy about my enjoyment of the show because they took every critique of the show personally. Thankfully everyone else in this thread gets the wink-nudge aspects of my critiques. If you find them annoying, you either need to grow up a little, or put me on ignore.

Just opened up a tube of cinnamon rolls and stuck those babies in the oven. This is why I didn't eat today. Yummy.

Well I always end up getting up early on Saturday cause my family is loud, so I'm waking up at 7am to 8am, then running around all day with them, not taking a nap cause nap time got replaced with the prewatch and trying to get through the gauntlet that is GitS WORDS WORDS WORDS IGPX ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ knocks me out.

Sometimes I'm tired from working during the day..I need the caffeine to stay awake through GitS

I dunno, I was up late last night. Typically gets kinda tough to pull through the night after.

May the shining face of Gai sensei get you guys through your sleepies.

ZobjiIG.gif

in before Scahdenfreude says something about bonds breaking
There were never any bonds there.

My comments are like bad movies. ToonamiGAF is the MST3K.

Well except you, Bass. You're that guy in the back of the theater telling everyone to shut up.

I think the fact that you're annoyed with my comments says more about you than anything. Have you ever wondered why I make fun of just One Piece? If I made the same comments about SAO they'd be lost under a tidal wave of other similar posts.

In my day, I was unfortunate to know some bad One Piece fans. They made me a little iffy about my enjoyment of the show because they took every critique of the show personally. Thankfully everyone else in this thread gets the wink-nudge aspects of my critiques. If you find them annoying, you either need to grow up a little, or put me on ignore.

I have no problem if you want to post legitimate criticisms of One Piece, it's not a perfect show by any means and I enjoy discussing it's good and bad qualities with people. I'm sorry if people in the past made you feel like you couldn't express your thoughts good or bad but you shouldn't need to feel that way around here. Instead of making tongue and cheek comments I'd rather hear your honest thoughts good or bad both during the weekly discussions and during the 30 minutes that OP airs each week

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh I have so much growing left to do too.
LtNDbKz.png

I've moved past the point of letting annoying people annoy me, though. I'm at least... two and a quarter stages above that!

It just shows that you're unwilling to take criticism of yourself to heart and you think the person you're addressing is more immature than you are. Quite the irony really.

I have no problem if you want to post legitimate criticisms of One Piece, it's not a perfect show by any means and I enjoy discussing it's good and bad qualities with people. I'm sorry if people in the past made you feel like you couldn't express your thoughts good or bad but you shouldn't need to feel that way around here. Instead of making tongue and cheek comments I'd rather hear your honest thoughts good or bad both during the weekly discussions and during the 30 minutes that OP airs each week

If only we could do this for SAO. Then again, we did do it for SAO and it turned into an all-out war so.... lol.

kayos90

Did anyone actually counting the amount of licks it took to get to the center of the tootsie pop when they were young? I tried cuz I was dumb.

It just shows that you're unwilling to take criticism of yourself to heart and you think the person you're addressing is more immature than you are. Quite the irony really.

If only we could do this for SAO. Then again, we did do it for SAO and it turned into an all-out war so.... lol.

I don't even mind if it turns into an all out war, as long as people are posting their honest thoughts good or bad about a series I can respect that even if it's "FUCK SAO IS SO DUMB I HATE THIS SHIT EVERYTHING SUCKS AND HERE IS WHY REASON REASON REASON" at least that's how they truly feel. Just using you as an example Kayos you won't even give OP a chance due to thinking it's art style is bad, while I don't agree with this at all you're at least honest and consistent with how you feel.

kayos90

Tightly pack in a tube and glaze, baby.

I thought cinnamon was powder.... How do you even... what?

I don't even mind if it turns into an all out war, as long as people are posting their honest thoughts good or bad about a series I can respect that even if it's "FUCK SAO IS SO DUMB I HATE THIS SHIT EVERYTHING SUCKS AND HERE IS WHY REASON REASON REASON" at least that's how they truly feel. Just using you as an example Kayos you won't even give OP a chance due to thinking it's art style is bad, while I don't agree with this at all you're at least honest and consistent with how you feel.

Yeah... it's a really bad trait, and a shallow one I admit. I've let a lot of good mangas go because I just could not stand the art.

Burger King has the cinnabon rolls but they aren't as good as the real deal made fresh at a real cinnabon. Sadly the one in the mall near me went out of business while I was in Florida QQ

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Fair enough. I'll try to be more earnest, but there's very little I could actually say that would be interesting or stand out when live posting. Pretty much all the posts during One Piece are "Wow, that just happened!", "This is going to be awesome," "So badass," etc. etc.

I love ironing.
LtNDbKz.png

How am I not open to criticism? Very little I read on the internet gets to me anymore. I'm open to anyone saying anything about me they want. I've never used the GAF ignore function before and don't plan on ever doing so.

Seda

Fair enough. I'll try to be more earnest, but there's very little I could actually say that would be interesting or stand out when live posting. Pretty much all the posts during One Piece are "Wow, that just happened!", "This is going to be awesome," "So badass," etc. etc.

Most of the posts during Toonami are like that. Reactionary. (Not saying that's a bad thing). Bits of more involved discussion takes place on Sunday usually. And then weekday ToonamiGAF comes in and who knows what will be talked about then.

kayos90

I love ironing.
LtNDbKz.png

How am I not open to criticism? Very little I read on the internet gets to me anymore. I'm open to anyone saying anything about me they want. I've never used the GAF ignore function before and don't plan on ever doing so.

By saying to the other person "grow up" you're basically putting the blame on the other person rather than yourself. Regardless of whatever you prefaced with the "grow up" statement, it's putting no fault on yourself. It's the nature and implicit meaning of the comment really. If you don't feel that way then that's fine, however, from what I understand the phrase to mean and know, it puts the criticism entirely and only on the other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom