• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Most of the posts during Toonami are like that. Reactionary. (Not saying that's a bad thing). Bits of more involved discussion takes place on Sunday usually. And then weekday ToonamiGAF comes in and who knows what will be talked about then.

Well yes, but it's also a good opportunity to make a quick and dumb joke. Which I like many in ToonamiGAF indulge in. :p

But when I make a joke about One Piece awww lawwdy lawwdy you best hide, Andrex.

By saying to the other person "grow up" you're basically putting the blame on the other person rather than yourself. Regardless of whatever you prefaced with the "grow up" statement, it's putting no fault on yourself. It's the nature and implicit meaning of the comment really. If you don't feel that way then that's fine, however, from what I understand the phrase to mean and know, it puts the criticism entirely and only on the other person.

You're still going on about this?
e5YuU.gif

Fair enough. I'll try to be more earnest, but there's very little I could actually say that would be interesting or stand out when live posting. Pretty much all the posts during One Piece are "Wow, that just happened!", "This is going to be awesome," "So badass," etc. etc..

Just post what you honestly feel good or bad, if you really think what's happening is awesome or OMG just post that, honestly seeing people freak out good or bad is what makes this group watch special. As an example last week you mentioned pretty genuinely that you didn't like Usopp and was glad to see him leave the crew and fight Luffy, sure it raised some ire but I for one agree with you (Usopp is my least favorite character).

ReiGun

*Watching Hunter X Hunter.* "Why isn't this on Toonami?"

*Sees it hasn't been licensed* "Why hasn't it been licensed!?"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm glad Usopp left, I think he's pretty annoying

Gucci Messiah, my messiah.
LtNDbKz.png

Just post what you honestly feel good or bad, if you really think what's happening is awesome or OMG just post that, honestly seeing people freak out good or bad is what makes this group watch special. As an example last week you mentioned pretty genuinely that you didn't like Usopp and was glad to see him leave the crew and fight Luffy, sure it raised some ire but I for one agree with you (Usopp is my least favorite character).

That actually was my opinion leaking through, although amplified for comedic effect. In fact a lot of my posts are like that.

*Watching Hunter X Hunter.* "Why isn't this on Toonami?"

*Sees it hasn't been licensed* "Why hasn't it been licensed!?"

Someone outbid Viz on the licensing, then went silent on it after obtaining it

Gucci Messiah, my messiah.
LtNDbKz.png

That actually was my opinion leaking through, although amplified for comedic effect. In fact a lot of my posts are like that.

I'd rather see more Andrex with his opinion leaking out (as awkward as that sounds) then Andrex attempting to make a snarky comment about a show he likes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'd rather see more Andrex with his opinion leaking out (as awkward as that sounds) then Andrex attempting to make a snarky comment about a show he likes.

You got it, more of me will leak out into this thread than ever before.
wAvFoG6.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Still not sure why Sentai is not in the Tonami ecosystem.

Aniplex? It could be them right?

They snagged Durarara!!, Magi, Gurren Lagann, and SAO, they can grab some popular animes if they really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom