• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, gonna give my final thoughts on the subject before Seda hits me Luffy-style. The fact is that good drivers can (and do) lose control of their vehicles in the rain. If it rained and snowed equally in the US, i'm sure there'd be less snow related deaths because there are countermeasures for snow covered roads whereas there are no countermeasures for rain. Moreover, people who live in places where it snows a lot can get snow tires. Thus snow is the better weather condition as the danger and risks of snow can be minimized and you get the added benefit of enjoying the snow. Rain just sucks.

If snow was as easy to deal with as you say schadenfreude then why would you have multiple gaffers saying it's difficult? You're wrong and until you actually drive in snow and feel the sensation of completely losing control of your car when you have snow tires and the road is plowed and sanded you just need to stop arguing with those of us who live it every year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I deal with it every year and honestly I feel safer driving in the snow than a heavy rain downpour. Most people actually treat snow with the proper respect it deserves while tons of people think they can drive however they want even in heavy rain.

I deal with it every year and honestly I feel safer driving in the snow than a heavy rain downpour. Most people actually treat snow with the proper respect it deserves while tons of people think they can drive however they want even in heavy rain.
I'd rather drive in a downpour than deal with black ice. I've never lost control of my car in the rain but was nearly killed yesterday afternoon sliding through a red light at an intersection.

Speaking of Space Dandy, I've heard rumblings that the first episode or two of the sub was leaked...hopefully most people wait to watch via legal means. I'm going in completely fresh tomorrow, I haven't seen anything other than the announcement trailer and some art.

Speaking of Space Dandy, I've heard rumblings that the first episode or two of the sub was leaked...hopefully most people wait to watch via legal means. I'm going in completely fresh tomorrow, I haven't seen anything other than the announcement trailer and some art.

Madmax leaked episode 1 yesterday, episode 2 has no leak afaik

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So whoever it was that asked if Nami has a fight scene in the Skypiea arc,
it seems she might be fighting with Gon Fall/God against the two brothers of Satori, the sphere priest guy
. But in any case, the last few episodes (168-171) have really started to pick things up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whoa, this got reviewed by the New York Times?

Japan is getting a lot of recognition in the Times lately.
First was that full-page One Piece ad, and now a review of Space Dandy. Progress?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
First was that full-page One Piece ad, and now a review of Space Dandy. Progress?

They've been expanding into stuff like anime/games/manga/comics for a few years now. They just had a great profile on Scott Snyder, the current head Batman writer.

Only if it leads to more sales and social acceptance ie I can walk into wal-mart or target and buy manga and/or have a full anime section at such a store.

I forgot how awesome Naruto's second training with Jiraya was, even if I hate what it eventually lead to
bigger kamehameha no jutsu... I mean rasengan
the water balloon training is ace

MikeMyers

I forgot how awesome Naruto's second training with Jiraya was, even if I hate what it eventually lead to
bigger kamehameha no jutsu... I mean rasengan
the water balloon training is ace

See this is why Kiba lost on purpose; he knew if Naruto won he'd meet Jiraya and train with him.

See this is why Kiba lost on purpose; he knew if Naruto won he'd meet Jiraya and train with him.

Knowing Naruto if he had lost to Kiba (or Neji) it wouldn't have stopped him from wanting to train anyways. We also learn later that
Jiraya already knew about Naruto and probably had plans to train him before they even met

MikeMyers

Really though; Sakura should have beaten Ino and then trained to the point she beats the Orochimaru henchmen (the one that Choji lost to) in the second round.

The only series good enough to warrant that level of remembering the characters is Fullmetal Alchemist, even Dragon Ball/Z isn't worth it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The only series good enough to warrant that level of remembering the characters is Fullmetal Alchemist, even Dragon Ball/Z isn't worth it.

Also One Piece, but that's mostly because if you forget a name you're likely forgetting an important piece of foreshadowing.

Also One Piece, but that's mostly because if you forget a name you're likely forgetting an important piece of foreshadowing.

True, One Piece also always gives you a nice refresh manga and anime on who someone was if they haven't appeared for a long time

Raxus

What's a Yamcha?

I know most of One Piece's cast but there is still a bunch of characters that slip through the cracks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember everyname in DB, and barely anyone in Bleach.

I'm the same way. It's probably due to how complicated the names are in Bleach. The only rule with large casts is to make sure they're all unique and easy to remember. Bleach, of course, breaks that rule. All the names are hilariously long and similar. Designs as well.

Bleach made it hard for me to remember names around the time the Vizored and 11 million named Arracar were introduced.

Naruto made it hard for me to remember names around the time the Akatsuki were introduced and the plot started getting less interesting.

FMA I could do, but you One Piece fans that remember every single name truly astound me. People like Meta,for example. I don't think there's enough space in my brain for all that.

FMA I could do, but you One Piece fans that remember every single name truly astound me. People like Meta,for example. I don't think there's enough space in my brain for all that.

When the writing and characters are as good and unique as One Piece it is easy to remember most of them. I can probably remember more of it's cast then of Naruto or Bleach's though.

MikeMyers

I'm the same way. It's probably due to how complicated the names are in Bleach. The only rule with large casts is to make sure they're all unique and easy to remember. Bleach, of course, breaks that rule. All the names are hilariously long and similar. Designs as well.

Yeah "Trunks" is a lot easily to remember than "Aaroniero Arrurierie"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach made it hard for me to remember names around the time the Vizored and 11 million named Arracar were introduced.

Naruto made it hard for me to remember names around the time the Akatsuki were introduced and the plot started getting less interesting.

The Wandenreich has only made things worse. At least 26 new villains, with even dumber names than the Arrancar. Nanana Najahkoop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom