• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Refuses to Support Paul Ryan, McCain, in Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Coupled with Obama comment earlier, and now the GOP will have to lick Trump's ball sweat. They are stuck now with no wiggle room, and I am really enjoying witnessing the GOP disintegrate in such short amount of time.

I did not need to picture this.

McCain sucked it up and endorsed Trump, presumably for re-election support, but can't he simply say 'to hell with it' and denounce Trump, then retire if he loses his upcoming reelection?

I have to imagine a lot of the senior party members are so wealthy that they could have retired ages ago if they wanted - or landed cushy jobs in private industry. Why would they be so desperate to hold onto their elected positions as to humiliate themselves like this?

the ones that don't agree with trump on white nationalism stuff are probably true believers in other aspects of american conservatism and feel they must do what they can to advocate for those ideas.

or, just can't imagine doing anything else with their time after decades and would view retirement as analogous to death.

Can't wait to see what Republican commentators say. Surely they'll have to pick sides? lol popcorn.gif

They already have. Fox is ignoring it for the most part. Drudge is not only ignoring it, they are promoting a profile of Ryan's primary challenger. Red State is burning with rage but they've always hated Trump.

Torokil

It dawned on me that Trump is forever a major part of American election history. He won't appreciate it at all when he loses, but he's a yuuuuuge political figure now. This really happened. He really got this far. College students will read these ridiculous quotes from him and the baffled responses from actual politicians as a cautionary tale for decades.

What a fucking joke.

No one remembers the loser. How often is George Wallace brought up in History books?

Zackat

Trump really is a double agent for the democrats isn't he?

All according to keikaku...

I can see it now. Trump comes out for his concession speech, he looks upset and angry. He is about to go on a rampage accusing the Clinton campaign of wanton slander and foul play. The election was rigged! You can see it all in his face. But when he gets to the podium, he smirks and starts laughing. Then the fated words that will echo across generations will come...

giphy.gif

pls go vote

Mahonay

Banned
This is exactly what I would expect a saboteur to do. That the GOP will still continue to support him despite all the issues he is causing them just makes it even more hilarious.
Everything that is happening week after week does play into those stupid conspiracy theories that Trump was sent in to sabotage the party. It's crazy.

Durden77

Mccain and Ryan should've pulled their support when they had the chance. In a way, now Trump has the upper hand. That's what the get for not disbanding this dumb fuck the many, many times they had the chance.

HTupolev

Why does he repeat everything he says twice (sometimes even more)?
Repetition makes things more memorable, and familiarity makes things more believable. Confidence also makes things more believable, and emphatic restatement is a show of confidence.

Trump is really good at this act. His demeanor is a huge part of why people will say that he "tells it like it is", regardless of what he's actually saying.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No one remembers the loser. How often is George Wallace brought up in History books?

TBF no potential loser has rocked the boat quite like trump has. If for nothing else he'll be remembered for the envitable shift in the GOP and racial politics

mnannola

I can see it now. Trump comes out for his concession speech, he looks upset and angry. He is about to go on a rampage accusing the Clinton campaign of wanton slander and foul play. The election was rigged! You can see it all in his face. But when he gets to the podium, he smirks and starts laughing. Then the fated words that will echo across generations will come...

giphy.gif

pls go vote

If this happened, would it be the greatest troll that mankind has ever seen?

iammeiam

Written by Aaron Sorkin. Directed by Fincher. Scored by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

Or the entire team behind the Big Short. The pace and humor of that movie would fit this well.

For the most part, I hated The Newsroom. It's still tragic that we'll never get to see how The Newsroom would have handled this entire thing. I'm unsure if it would have elevated the show or made it even more ridiculous, but it would have been entertaining.

giphy.gif

pls go vote

Nah. Can't do that because it'd be a strong driving force to unify what was just broken. He'd need to go in on the establishment not really supporting him and that being his reason for losing.

As much as I'd LOVE to see it happen, it'd be better to just continue the act and fade away.

Lots? Between provoking a fight with the federal government over integration, splitting the democratic party, nearly getting assassinated and then coming back to be elected governor WITH the support of blacks Wallace is one of the most fascinating figures of the 20th century.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If this happened, would it be the greatest troll that mankind has ever seen?
Yes, definitely.

It would, but his narcissism and thin-skin are consistent with his personality over the decades.
And this is probably why it'll never happen. Trump is a shallow, weak little manchild who is WAY too full of himself to play the fool for even a second, much less play the long con.

Why do people keep entertaining the idea that Trump is some sort of secret Democrat when all the information we've had since this campaign has started (and beforehand, if you were paying attention) points to the fact that he's just a gigantic piece of shit?

Trump will be in every political science textbook for the exact opposite of how to run a modern campaign in the same way that Obama's campaign revolutionized modern campaigning.

I love the excuse, he doesn't get involved in primaries. Ludicrous, he is getting involved by making positive statements about one candidate and not of another. I love you Katrina.

Calling someone a hero or honoring them is not an apology you twit. Oh she mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom