• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Refuses to Support Paul Ryan, McCain, in Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the excuse, he doesn't get involved in primaries. Ludicrous, he is getting involved by making positive statements about one candidate and not of another. I love you Katrina.

Calling someone a hero or honoring them is not an apology you twit. Oh she mad.

I'm surprised she didn't try to bring up Hillary somehow.

"You know I think the real issue here is that Hillary has been so effective at manipulating the Republican party. It's just so shameful on her part."

I realize how hard it has to be to be a Trump spokesperson but that interview with Katrina on CNN just now was so infuriating. Why did Wolf Blitzer not challenger her on any of the false statements she made. She blamed Hillary Clinton for the death of Humayun Khan when he died in 2004 :/

Mahonay

Banned
I realize how hard it has to be to be a Trump spokesperson but that interview with Katrina on CNN just now was so infuriating. Why did Wolf Blitzer not challenger her on any of the false statements she made. She blamed Hillary Clinton for the death of Humayun Khan when he died in 2004 :/
Because Wolf is the fucking worst.

Africanus

For the next 50 years I want every Republican alive who supported or remained silent about Trump to be publicly linked to him and tied to him.

Campaign montages have to show his disgusting phrases.

This cannot go unseen.

In Illinois our moderate Republican running for Senate has already distanced himself from Trump, to his disadvantage. Duckworth will help reclaim the Senate.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
aP7qHhI.jpg

100% deserved. You decided that the party line was more important than your conscience and now you'll have neither. Ted Cruz is probably having the time of his life right now.

Paul Ryan is likely going to win the primary (and this is good for democrats). His opponent is crazypants.

Mike Shields‏ @mshields007
We polled @SpeakerRyan primary at @CLFSuperPAC and he is cruising 69-20 @TheIJR
This gives cover for Ryan to publicly come out against Trump. Not sure who his challenger is for general.

Torokil

How many times have you heard Barry Goldwater mentioned every four years?

Hell, fucking Howard Dean managed to be a cautionary tale that we remember every 4 years. All he did was yelp awkwardly and have a video spread around with the crowd mics off. I'm pretty sure this Trump debacle goes way beyond that, and Goldwater as well.

Goldwater is only mentioned because his candidacy spawned Reagan. If Trump has his own Reagan in 2032 we're all dead either way.

This is why I think the party is totally doomed. They will never have a competent candidate again.

There are 31 Republican governors compared to 18 on the Democratic side, 232 House Republicans, currently 54 Republican Senators, and they do very well in local and state elections as well.

The Republican party at the national level is in dire condition, and that will modulate to something akin to what the Democratic Party underwent after their embarrassing defeats in the 1980s.

There will be a Romney-esque candidate who will run and win and the world won't end. The Republican Party won't die in this election like many want. It will shift or change or it will continue to be dominate in regional politics and wane on the national stage.

The best part is that neither McCain nor Ryan will rescind their endorsements still.

Trump can break into their houses and fuck their wives and they still will only put out a statement saying "Don pls stop" the next day.

Dunlop

Co4bZoBWgAAK_fw.jpg

Time to make that Clinton endorsement, John.

Does trump ever give any specific examples to anything he references? His phrases are always like a 12 year old wrote them. The paragraph above is him saying the same thing 3 times

Trump just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Republican culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the Republican Party, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to vote for either party, nor will they purchase any of Trump's University Tuitions. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Trump has alienated an entire party with this move.

Trump, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your vote goodbye.

johnsmith

remember me
Literally made the same statement 4 times in a row. God help us.
He does this all the time. Hillary needs to catch him doing this in the debate and destroy him like Rubio got wrecked.

No matter how good I do on something, they’ll never write good.

They don’t write good. They have people over there, like Maggie Haberman and others, they don’t — they don’t write good,” he said. "They don’t know how to write good.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-new-york-times-226546

He does this all the time. Hillary needs to catch him doing this in the debate and destroy him like Rubio got wrecked.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-new-york-times-226546

You know, I'm starting to wonder if, in his head, he constantly hears applause and cheering. That's the closest thing I can relate to his speech pattern - when people repeat their last sentence so it can be heard over the clapping.

Only Trump does it constantly. In every single conversation.

It's amazing that we can't go 24 hours without some new BS from him. What is going on, this is crazy.

It's become like an Advent Calendar for me. Get home from work, find out what insane/destructive/horribly offensive thing he's said today. Can't wait til tomorrow!

Jeb

Everything Trump does makes me think he is intentionally loosing for Hilary.

I mean everything he does is political suicide and when it barely affects him he tries harder and harder, plus he ripping up the GOP with every step, just seems to me winning is not his interest.

That and back in the day, everything he tried to do was career ending, how the hell did he do it with the intention to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom