• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 152 |OT| Jones vs Belfort: Who Does God Love More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
152gdsd1.png

Date: September 22, 2012
Time: 10PM ET/7PM PT

Main Card (PPV) - 10PM ET
  • Jon Jones (c) (-925) vs Vitor Belfort (+625) (For Light Heavyweight Title)
  • Joseph Benavidez (-280) vs Demetrious Johnson (+220) (For Flyweight Title)
  • Michael Bisping (-175) vs Brian Stann (+145)
  • Matt "Jon Jones Is My Bitch" Hamill (-375) vs Roger Hollett (+285)
  • Cub Swanson (+205) vs Charles Oliveira (-265)
Preliminary Card (FX) - 8PM ET
  • Igor Pokrajac vs Vinny Magalhães
  • TJ Grant vs Evan Dunham
  • Sean Pierson vs Lance Benoist
  • Jimy Hettes vs Marcus Brimage
Preliminary Card (Facebook) - 6:30PM ET
  • Seth Baczynski vs Simeon Thoresen
  • Mitch Gagnon vs Walel Watson
  • Kyle Noke vs Charlie Brenneman
Links
0078_p7kra.gif
0079_thket.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
I approve of two 5 round fights on a card, wish it happened more often. I don't think it's happened much at all before.

ToxicAdam

Seems like Matt Hamill's UFC career is on the line here. It would look pretty bad to get beaten by a relative unknown.

I approve of two 5 round fights on a card, wish it happened more often. I don't think it's happened much at all before.
ufc%2033.JPG

It went over the time alotted for the PPV and most people missed the end of the main event.

Also it's yet another card that Vitor was supposed to be on... he pulled out right before the fight due to injury just like he will here. The main event will end up being Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I honestly think that Jones will win easily but I love underdog stories.

If Vitor pulled it out or really won in any fashion I would love it.

I just hope for an entertaining fight.

Boogie

ufc%2033.JPG

It went over the time alotted for the PPV and most people missed the end of the main event.

Also it's yet another card that Vitor was supposed to be on... he pulled out right before the fight due to injury just like he will here. The main event will end up being Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez.

Why'd you go back that far? UFC 129 had two title fights too. :)

ShaneB

Why'd you go back that far? UFC 129 had two title fights too. :)

And both went to the judges.

Despite the debacle the UFC has been the past little while, this ended up being a decent card. I'm praying for some magic by Vitor, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Brinbe

Can't wait, attending on Saturday. Expecting Bone Jones domination, but the Vitor fanboy in me is hoping for an upset.

Dysun

It's always good to see jones fight although his last one was a stinker. Can't see that happening vs Belfort though.

Bisping vs Stann is pretty good, although I dont really care about the midget title fight

WaltJay

My heart says Vitor and mind says Jones. I am praying for a rushing early blitz from Vitor. I hope Jones gets Wanderlaied?

Same here. I think that's the only way Vitor is going to win this (via blitz on 1st down).

I fully expect Vitor to get into the 3 point stance and rush Jones. Limit his reach advantage and hope something lands. Otherwise he'll get picked apart like all the others.

ScOULaris

Haha, that OP is amazing.

And you can count me firmly in the Vitor camp. He was the first mixed martial artist after Royce Gracie that I was instantly a fan of in the early days of the UFC, and he has remained humble, respectful, and talented despite years of both personal and professional disappointments.

Jon Jones, on the other hand, is an insanely talented but arrogant youngster who needs to get knocked down a peg or two.

I hope Vitor puts Jones out by sometime in the third round. Just imagine if Machida beats Henderson, and then we'd have Machida vs Vitor! Who wouldn't want to see that fight?

VoxPop

As much as I like Vitor, he's gonna take 7 consecutive hellbows to the dome and retire. Should have stayed at 185. Midgets fighting for relevance or even Bisping/Stann can't save this terrible card

I'm only a casual UFC viewer, but why does it feel like this year has been mostly awful in the way of big name fighters fighting each other for titles?

Jamie OD

I'm only a casual UFC viewer, but why does it feel like this year has been mostly awful in the way of big name fighters fighting each other for titles?

Because main events have been constantly changing on an almost weekly basis due to injuries and other circumstances.

VoxPop

the chance of belfort winning is too small to justify spending money on this card.

There's not many fighters left to give Jones a run for his money except Hendo and Anderson. I think Belfort has a better chance than Shogun or Rampage ever had or will have. It was hilarious watching Jones beat Shogun up like a bully taking a kids lunch money.

At least Belfort is somewhat quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom