• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK PoliGAF thread of tell me about the rabbits again, Dave.

Yes, the lack of HD tonight is bugging me

Even in SD, there's something wrong with the graphics, everything's a bit blurry.

CHEEZMO™;37537728 said:
That screen's huge.

I bet it's the one they used in Stargazing Live.

A good question. Probably the same one as used last year. Don't know if they'd share it between News and the Stargazing production company. Must now find out. Damn my nerddom.

Now you can pretend to be David Dimbleby.

AsAGetNCAAAJnrY.jpg

Who the fuck is on the sound desk

Even worse for the Lib Dems is the fact they were always more of a party of local government than national parliament. It's totally dire for them.

Wow, did Warsi really just lump me in with BNP voters?

What a fucking cunt. I'm now firmly out of the Con camp. Fuck them all. I love Boris and want him to win, then destroy David Cameron and the rest of his cuntish fucking bastards.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Even worse for the Lib Dems is the fact they were always more of a party of local government than national parliament. It's totally dire for them.

By the time we get to the General Election they are going to have no base at all.

From 3rd party to fringe party really, feel quite sorry for them as they didn't have much of a choice. The coalition has sunk the party, whipping boys for the Tories and with not enough of a voice to ever come out from that shadow.

By the time we get to the General Election they are going to have no base at all.

From 3rd party to fringe party really, feel quite sorry for them as they didn't have much of a choice. The coalition has sunk the party, whipping boys for the Tories and with not enough of a voice to ever come out from that shadow.

Some of the southern Lib Dems might hold on in the con-ld swing seats but people like Clegg in student heavy urban seats are almost certain to lose their seat as things stand.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some of the southern Lib Dems might hold on in the con-ld swing seats but people like Clegg in student heavy urban seats are almost certain to lose their seat as things stand.

I think some of the southern ones will fall as well.

The side-effect of the coalition is to paint the Lib Dems as standing for nothing, so where people's preference lent either to Labour or the Tories but they were the preferred option, now people will just plump for one of those 2. It's like a perfect storm for the Lib Dems really, going to be very hard to come back from as the more irrelevant they become the less people will consider them as a viable option in the first place.

I'm thinking of making an appointment with my local MP to complain about it. I voted UKIP, am I a fascist BNP supporter? Fucking cunt bitch bastarding fuckface cunthead.

Empty

i don't understand what warsi brings to the tory party

it's not even a good smear, she delivered it in such a poor way on air that instantly stood out and the best way to bring back dissaffected members on the right isn't to attack them.

i don't understand what warsi brings to the tory party

it's not even a good smear, she delivered it in such a poor way on air that instantly stood out and the best way to bring back dissaffected members on the right isn't to attack them.

She brings absolutely zero to the party, in fact she detracts from it, hugely. If the Tories want a token brown person, at least make sure he/she isn't an idiot.

There has to be a cabinet reshuffle after this, surely?

If there isn't then it will be confirmed that Dave has no balls.

My list would be:

IN Redwood, Rifkind, Davis, Shapps

OUT Lansley, Warsi, Letwin, May, Willets

Redwood, Rifkind and Davis are big beasts on the right wing and Davis would bring the common touch back to the Cabinet that it misses so much right now. I would move universities from BIS to Education and do away with Willets, move Ken Clarke to health and Grieve to Justice.

If there isn't then it will be confirmed that Dave has no balls.

My list would be:

IN Redwood, Rifkind, Davis, Shapps

OUT Lansley, Warsi, Letwin, May, Willets

Redwood, Rifkind and Davis are big beasts on the right wing and Davis would bring the common touch back to the Cabinet that it misses so much right now. I would move universities from BIS to Education and do away with Willets, move Ken Clarke to health and Grieve to Justice.

I get that he probably wants a consistent cabinet to do and complete their assigned jobs/bills, but if his ministers just aren't performing and negatively impacting his governments popularity, it makes no sense to not change.

Makes sense with the queen's speech as well, new legislation, new blood, new vibe. Get out the deadwood, they do them absolutely no good.

I get that he probably wants a consistent cabinet to do and complete their assigned jobs/bills, but if his ministers just aren't performing and negatively impacting his governments popularity, it makes no sense to not change.

Makes sense with the queen's speech as well, new legislation, new blood, new vibe. Get out the deadwood, they do them absolutely no good.

Yeah, it's a complete shambles right now, I honestly can't see how Dave can't get rid of failing ministers now. Gove, Hammond and Greening are the only ministers worth listening to. The rest are a bunch of idiots. If it were up to me I would even get rid of Osborne and get a big beast in there while making Osborne party chairman.

Yeah, I'm off to bed in about 10 minutes. Story of the night is Labour doing pretty well, Tories badly, Lib Dems horrendously. Who would have guessed?

Bo-Locks

The Mayoral election is Manchester is said to be "too close to call". Interesting. I'm still in two minds about it however, as the GM authority generally works quite well. I still voted "YES", but I would have been much more enthusiastic about a Mayor for the entirety of Greater Manchester.

The elected Mayor is likely to be just another Labour stooge, anyway - so what difference does it make? Unless you live in a marginal area then your vote is worthless (whether it's for councillor, a mayor, or an MP), which inevitably brings us back to the AV referendum where the Lib Dems fucked up so spectacularly.

BBC Moderators are working overtime:

2wTbY.png

Top Bottom