• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Retailer GAME is dead | Brera's Lament

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlu

Fuck sake, all you guys getting deals, i thought maybe most of the sales were online, but seeing your hauls from brick and mortar stores is shocking. It says "mega sale" in marker on a sign outside of game here but they only have a few games stickered up with the red sticker and they are selling absolutely no pre-owned wii games for a lower price, you guys get pikmin for £1.98, here it's £7.99 still. Gamestation doesn't even look like it has anything on sale, nothing is marked down and there is no sign.
Try asking them to check the price - they may simply have not priced it yet?

HTuran

Fixed. The only Gamestation I'm aware of in the Oxford area is the one down the road from me in Templar's Square outside the city centre. I'll be dropping in there on Saturday when I go to send my mother's day card!

Yeah, makes sense, since they were next door to each other. Forgot about the one in the Cowley Centre too, that's a couple minutes walk away. Might go check it out.

PaulLFC

Try asking them to check the price - they may simply have not priced it yet?
I don't think some prices have been added yet, at least not for new games. I asked them to check the price of Amalur in case it was reduced but it scanned through at £42.99.

Omikaru

They were still adding the prices when I was in there earlier today. Going to pop in again tomorrow and see if they've had any more deliveries, and check out their hardware prices.

Chopper

Picked up Crack in Time for £7.98, Goldeneye DS for £7.98 (stickered; price on receipt is £7.99. They owe me a penny), LA Noire for 7.98 and Kirby Mass Attack for £17.98. Cheapest prices I've seen. Thanks GAME!

no angel

Fuck sake, all you guys getting deals, i thought maybe most of the sales were online, but seeing your hauls from brick and mortar stores is shocking. It says "mega sale" in marker on a sign outside of game here but they only have a few games stickered up with the red sticker and they are selling absolutely no pre-owned wii games for a lower price, you guys get pikmin for £1.98, here it's £7.99 still. Gamestation doesn't even look like it has anything on sale, nothing is marked down and there is no sign.

The shop assistant told me to get prices checked at the till as they hadn't stickered everything up yet. Not surprised, it's a whole day job at least.

LordAlu

The shop assistant told me to get prices checked at the till as they hadn't stickered everything up yet. Not surprised, it's a whole day job at least.
Easily, as they will have all their other jobs to do as well (such as delivery, commercial displays etc) as well as serving customers. I wouldn't be surprised if some stores are still doing it tomorrow.

To people saying that they've been to their local store/s, and didn't see a sale, keep in mind:

1) 360, DS, and DS went on sale yesterday. Wii, PS3, and new stock goes on sale today.
2) Many stores received the price changes lists late.

Zampano

Just bought a whole pile of crap I don't need:

Darksiders 360
Virtua Tennis 4 360
Resistance 2
Killzone 3
Medal of Honour Ps3

£26 total. Not too bad.

Omikaru

Anyone seen Yakuza 3 or 4 at any stores? There's another pair of PS3 games I planned to pick up today but couldn't find.

Linkified

After a lengthy conversation on the phone I was told by customer services to demand an exchange for in store credit. So disappointed, this is why I never buy preowned - but to get ripped off and being sold a game in the original casing, manual and game scratched so bad.

Bumhead

Banned
Went into Sheffield's Gamestation today and their stock and prices were significantly better than GAME's. Didn't buy anything but will probably pop in again tomorrow and hopefully pick up something for the weekend.

Oxx

At least the iTunes card I used my reward card points on arrived today. Unfortunately the invoice that came with it made no mention of points being subtracted. Grr.

Went into Oxford Street and White City Westfield stores and nothing had really been reduced. Might have another look at the weekend.

Linkified

Oh hell NO!

Can't believe a limited edition is sold out. What is the betting a week before release Namco magically produces a shit ton more units and have it available at 10 different retailers.

Pre-owned hardware sale should start tomorrow, yes. The only ones I can remember are seeing the PSP-3000 and PSP Go at £50 each and I'm pretty sure 250GB Slim 360s are £130?

I would so buy a PSPGo for £50. If someone can get their hands on one and doesn't want it I will send a crisp £50 note in the post or a bank transfer for £50 (plus delivery costs to London).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Any idea if the hardware markdowns are still going on tomorrow?

HUKD sez

PSPS:

BASE MODEL: £29.99
2000: £39.99
PSP GO AND 3003: £49.99

WII'S:

WHITE: £39.99
BLACK: £49.99
BLUE WITH LONDON MARIO OLYMPICS: £59.99
RED LIMITED EDITION MARIO: £59.99

PS3'S:

40GB, 80GB AND 60GB: £99.99
120GB AND 160GB: £129.99
250GB AND 320GB: £149.99

XBOX 360:

20GB AND 60GB; £69.99
250GB SLIM: £129.99

NINTENDO DS:

ORIGINAL: £19.99

The Lites and dsi's are also reduced but cannot remember prices.

Tattooth

Are they still doing console trade ins? How much would a fat PS3 sell for there, the price of the slims are making the upgrade very tempting.

Dambrosi

Banned
HUKD sez
NEW Nintendo DS for twenty quid
WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT??!???!?!?1/1/1/1

What.gif

Yeah, I know it's probably the Phat, but even so

Reknoc

Oh hell NO!

Can't believe a limited edition is sold out. What is the betting a week before release Namco magically produces a shit ton more units and have it available at 10 different retailers.

Seems like a good time to tell people they're sold out.

"Hey, maybe you didn't preorder this thing because you were worried the only store stocking it haven't been able to stock anything recently. Don't worry though, they'll be stocking this game. Oh no, you can't preorder it now, we're sold out".

Yeah, I mad.

PaulLFC

Got a few more games on the way home, the best being Space Marine on PS3 for £1.98! Full list so far, should be the same prices everywhere:

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (360): £1.98
Child of Eden (360): £2.98
Dark Sector (unboxed, 360): £0.49
Devil May Cry 4 (360): £1.98
Dungeon Siege 3 (360): £2.98
Heavenly Sword (PS3): £0.98
Killzone 2 (PS3): £0.48
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (unboxed, PS3): £3.99 (boxed version is £7.99)
Resistance 2 (PS3): £2.98
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (360): £2.98
Vanquish (PS3): £2.98
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (PS3): £1.98

PaulLFC

Might go down again tomorrow and really look for a Space Marine. £1.98 is INSANE.
The store I bought it from only had the PS3 versions labelled as £1.98, so the 360 version might be a different price. It's the same with Vanquish, it's £5 cheaper on PS3 for some reason.

Temrer

Neo Member
I am actually gutted they're doing this when I'm not home - I paid a tenner worth of points for Child of Eden not eight days ago >(

Anything going for Darkness 2 or Tropico 3?

Anyone seen Yakuza 3 or 4 at any stores? There's another pair of PS3 games I planned to pick up today but couldn't find.

Yeah, Yakuza 4 is £7.98. Our only copy sold in minutes.

PSPS:

BASE MODEL: £29.99
2000: £39.99
PSP GO AND 3003: £49.99

WII'S:

WHITE: £39.99
BLACK: £49.99
BLUE WITH LONDON MARIO OLYMPICS: £59.99
RED LIMITED EDITION MARIO: £59.99

PS3'S:

40GB, 80GB AND 60GB: £99.99
120GB AND 160GB: £129.99
250GB AND 320GB: £149.99

XBOX 360:

20GB AND 60GB; £69.99
250GB SLIM: £129.99

NINTENDO DS:

ORIGINAL: £19.99

The Lites and dsi's are also reduced but cannot remember prices.
To fill in a few of the gaps:

DS Lite: £34.99 (I think, either 34 or 39)
DSi: £49.99
DSi XL: £79.99
360 4GB: £99.99
360 120GB: £99.99

Also note these are all pre-owned systems.

Anything going for Darkness 2 or Tropico 3?

£34.98 new, and I think (key word, I can't remember exactly) £24.98 pre-owned for The Darkness II.

Also it's worth noting that Sonic Generations strategy guides seem to be at 1p, but since the company hasn't said to remove them you'll probably still find them on the guide spinner.

Gonna try and get me a 360 so I can play Metro 2033, Alan Wake and the Halo's and also Bethesda games that aren't broken.
This. Now might be a good time to dip into some xbox lovin' Been a PS3 roadie for just over a year now but I fancy playing Skyrim without having a nervous breakdown.

thechemist

Yeah, Yakuza 4 is £7.98. Our only copy sold in minutes.

To fill in a few of the gaps:

DS Lite: £34.99 (I think, either 34 or 39)
DSi: £49.99
DSi XL: £79.99
360 4GB: £99.99
360 120GB: £99.99

Also note these are all pre-owned systems.

£34.98 new, and I think (key word, I can't remember exactly) £24.98 pre-owned for The Darkness II.

Also it's worth noting that Sonic Generations strategy guides seem to be at 1p, but since the company hasn't said to remove them you'll probably still find them on the guide spinner.

Any expected deals on Vita games mate?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Might the hardware reductions persist into next week? I wouldn't mind grabbing a green lite to replace the one I sold for grocery money... Means I can finally play Solatorobo dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom