• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh damn that was an intentional
Monkey Island
reference? I was like, boy that pyrate looks a lot like
Guybrush

Well that wasn't fun. Got up to a section with three snipers, 3 rocket launcher guys and and bunch mooks in ch 10 crushing. Couldn't see shit half the time cause of the rocket smoke. Then you get a bunch of reinforcements. I made it past it but damn

Oh damn that was an intentional
Monkey Island
reference? I was like, boy that pyrate looks a lot like
Guybrush

He even has a Monkey sigil, its gotta be him

Theres even a Monkey Island joke later on,
"thats the second biggest cistern I'v ever seen!"

aravuus

Well, I'm not gonna deny it, replaying cutscenes with all kinds of modifiers like
helium voices and slowmo
is fucking hilarious

Vitor711

Anyone else have an issue with the aim getting thrown off so easily by any shots? I was playing a few first person shooters over the weekend and, aside from Halo, I can't think of a single one that disrupts your aim so drastically if you get hit.

I know that other UC games have done this before but for some reason I'm having a huge issue with it here.

nib95

Banned
This game….Madagascar onwards is the real highlight.
The Madagascan plains, through to the market, clock tower, massive set piece, beautiful tropical island, crazy storm, return to the jungle, on to Libertaria.
Just….epic. Also think the large jungle and Libertaria gunfights are some of the best in gaming.

CHC

Just got to opening credits, so far - incredible.

Only part that felt weird in terms of pacing was the boat chase in the beginning. I'm sure it will make sense later but it was kind of strange chronologically that they started with that.

The graphics and set pieces are outstanding, but I do have some issues, I'm near the end and it feels like it's dragging big time and quite frankly, it seems repetitive as hell.

Freaking game just been teasing me since it's started,
right when you are playing the game goes into long cinematic
than throws a new game play element.

Example drive boat/parkour/brawl/swimming.

I'm in chapter 4 or 5 I forget.

I hope the game stops janking the game play from me and just let me play the damn game already.

seriously so far I think the cinematic time > game play time.

Floody

Wait, so you could unlock infinite ammo and RPG on easy and then start a new game on crushing with them?

You couldn't in U2, you had to beat the game on that difficulty before it would let you use the cheats, I doubt it's any different here, be nice if it is though.

Is there a good plot twist in this game? I'm up to the chapter
. Was just wondering. A simple (spoilered answer or PM) yes or no will do.

So the cutscenes are in game. But I don't believe it? The game is literally the best looking console game of the generation. But is there a slight shift in facial animation in cutscenes? The character models damn near look 1 to 1. Are the cutscenes totally in game? This is the most blown away I've been by a game technologically since gears of war 1.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Loving this game so much. Graphics, set pieces, puzzles, story, acting... Etc. made a new phone wallpaper because of it.

Unch4Art2.png

Kalentan

So the cutscenes are in game. But I don't believe it? The game is literally the best looking console game of the generation. But is there a slight shift in facial animation in cutscenes? The character models damn near look 1 to 1. Are the cutscenes totally in game? This is the most blown away I've been by a game technologically since gears of war 1.

I mean... You can use Photo mode in cutscenes, theyre real time.

Slixshot

Banned
Just got to Chapter 16. God damn this game has so many great moments.
I swear I've teared up like 5 times at this point.

cyba89

At chapter 13 now and the game manages to impress me again and again. Wasn't so impressed about the videogames since the original Crysis.

packy34

What's the
Monkey Island
reference people are talking about? I just got chapter 13 (I think, I'm at the one called
Marooned.
).

The pirate that Sam has never heard of with the Monkey sigil looks like a realistic depiction of Guybrush Threepwood.

CREMSteve

This game is hella long. So good, I don't want it to end. Someone earlier mentioned they beat it in one sitting, that's nuts. I'm on my fourth day playing it, in spurts, but all told, I've got to be at least 14 hours in already.

Just started it today and I gotta say those first 5 min were baaaad. The game immediately got better in the next section with the platforming. I would have preferred they made that first part a cutscene and started off the game with the platforming section.

Everything after that has been pretty great though. I just started chapter 4 or 5 I think.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Where was this? Just got to
Chapter 13
and I couldn't find it.

Guybrush is one of the captains during 11 - you could totally tell by his portrait and the fact that his sigil is a monkey. Also, Sam remarks that he has no idea what his name is though.

Top Bottom