• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iksenpets

Banned
Well, except the Sand Snakes who looked like they can't act, Baby Face Mountain and Daario.

The Sand Snake scripts were so bad I really can't comment on their acting. No one could deliver those lines well. Newest Mountain is no First Mountain, but they're kind of constrained by the physical requirements for that role. Daario is fine. Don't see the problem with him at all. I know others disagree, but I way prefer him to silly original Daario.

Turin

Banned
Any other idea's on who McShane might play besides Randyll Tarly? I guess there's Howland Reed but I doubt that one.

Speaking of which, he's probably a tad too young looking but I always picture Howland looking something like this Sean Harris.

MV5BMTM3NTI1NzI4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODU1MTg4Nw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

You know, minus the ginger.

After season 3

-Myranda
-Olly
-High Sparrow
-Oberyn Martell
-Dorann Martell

-Trystane Martell
-Areo Hotah
-Hizdahr zo Loraq

-Tyene Sand
-Obara Sand
-Nymeria Sand
-Older Myrcella
-Ellaria Sand
-Styr
-New Daario
-New Mountain
-Yohn Royce

If you were giving a casting director an overall rating and had this list to go by, what would you give that person?

I really liked the ones I bolded. The others were either servicable or bad.

NeoGiff

Any other idea's on who McShane might play besides Randyll Tarly? I guess there's Howland Reed but I doubt that one.

Septon Meribald, Marwyn the Mage, the Elder Brother, or a Northern lord.

I really liked the ones I bolded. The others were either servicable or bad.

Areo Hotah was complete shit. For his first line he put on an accent, and then dropped it for the remainder of his scenes. He had no presence whatsoever in his limited screentime. It was a really half-assed performance, in my opinion (not that he had much to do in the first place).

Iksenpets

Banned

Areo Hotah was complete shit. For his first line he put on an accent, and then dropped it for the remainder of his scenes. He had no presence whatsoever in his limited screentime. It was a really half-assed performance, in my opinion (not that he had much to do in the first place).

Do we know if we're getting a separate Meribald and Elder Brother? I figured those two were sure to be merged.

I'd love to see Marwyn, just to find out wtf he's about, but they don't seem to really be casting any Citadel characters in the casting lists that have come out.

NeoGiff

Do we know if we're getting a separate Meribald and Elder Brother? I figured those two were sure to be merged.

I'd love to see Marwyn, just to find out wtf he's about, but they don't seem to really be casting any Citadel characters in the casting lists that have come out.

We still don't know if we're getting either. As for the casting calls, they're usually given out in (more or less) region- or character-specific batches, so it would make sense that we haven't seen anything to do with Oldtown yet. Let's hope it doesn't stay that way!

Turin

Banned

Speaking of Marwyn, I'm curious to see what the Citadel looks like.

Areo Hotah barely had any presence in the books, even as a POV. He never left an impression on me. I thought the actor did fine but there was so little to like about Dorne anyway.

After season 3

-Myranda
-Olly
-High Sparrow
-Oberyn Martell
-Dorann Martell
-Trystane Martell
-Areo Hotah
-Hizdahr zo Loraq
-Tyene Sand
-Obara Sand
-Nymeria Sand
-Older Myrcella
-Ellaria Sand
-Styr
-New Daario
-New Mountain
-Yohn Royce

If you were giving a casting director an overall rating and had this list to go by, what would you give that person?

The Sand Snakes get a bad rap from an acting perspective. One has won an Academy Award iirc. The problem there was 100% writing and directing.

I thought the casting of Doran was great, but didn't like the performance that much. But again that was casting and directing IMO. Doran is such a great character and I'm baffled why they kept his gout but erased any hint of it being painful. That would have been very interesting to watch an actor pull off.

Euron

Looks like it's all but officially confirmed that Walder Frey is returning next season. Hopefully they wrap up the Bolton plot within the first half of the season so we can focus on Walder and Euron as the villains.

And this might confirm Jaime going to the Riverlands next season. The casting specifies that the character will be interacting with multiple major characters next season. I can't think of anybody else that would be in the Riverlands aside from Brienne and Jaime.

Looks like it's all but officially confirmed that Walder Frey is returning next season. Hopefully they wrap up the Bolton plot within the first half of the season so we can focus on Walder and Euron as the villains.

And this might confirm Jaime going to the Riverlands next season. The casting specifies that the character will be interacting with multiple major characters next season. I can't think of anybody else that would be in the Riverlands aside from Brienne and Jaime.

Blackfish pls

Remember Edmure Tully?

Why cast notable actors if you're just going to do nothing with them....

It's amazing that such a huge scene like the Red Wedding has virtually had no followup, in terms of what happened to the Blackfish or what the Freys are doing or anything else. Goes back to D&D being more interested in adapting big scenes, completely divorced from any sense of worldbuilding or context.

axb2013

No way anybody remembers them. Many people think the Red Wedding was Robb Stark's wedding anyway.
Even Jon Snow does, in the Seth Meyer "dinner guest" piece he says "my brother was stabbed at his own wedding".

I thought actor playing Walder Frey was busy doing another series. I'm glad they are bringing him back.

belushy

Banned

Cat

axb2013

Mountain? Looks like just a hill here:

a0356bd8fb430cc395d0c3mz0c.jpg

I'm hyped for revisiting the Freys, curious to see how that will be set in motion.

More possible hints of Jon warging into ghost from the tv show

But in the season 5 finale, the music builds, then fades, then comes back with a new sound we have not heard in the Jon Snow segments of the show. A high pitched organ-like sound.
Where have we heard this sound before? Listen as bran approaches the Weirwood tree in season 4 [7] and when Bran wargs into Hodor. [8] . It could be a stretch but to me it sounds like the same audio cue or at least similar to the one that you hear in the season 5 finale.

- EW: Game of Thrones casts screen legend Max von Sydow in familiar role
Game of Thrones has just cast another acclaimed veteran actor. Silver screen legend Max von Sydow is joining the HBO hit, EW has learned exclusively.

The famed performer, whose career spans dozens of feature films—from The Exorcist to Minority Report to the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens — has signed onto season 6.

Bonus: We know who Sydow is going to play, and it’s a character we’ve already met!

Sydow will play the Three-Eyed Raven, the mystical tutor of Bran Stark, who was briefly seen in the season 4 finale (where the character was portrayed by a different actor).

The casting comes on the heels of another famed British thespian joining the fantasy hit. On Saturday, EW exclusively reported that Ian McShane (Deadwood) has joined the cast as well. McShane’s role, however, has remained under wraps.

Both McShane and Sydow are not expected to have a lot of screen time next season, but both roles are crucial in their own way.

Euron

The previous Bloodraven had a great voice but was terrible visually. It was fucking Pycelle in a tree.

Let's see something a little closer to

193zrp6sdc2bfjpg.jpg

Iksenpets

Banned
Oh wow, Sydow, too? They're going all out on big-name actors. Now they just need to make my dream of Ian McKellan as Marwyn, with Patrick Stewart cast as a more conservative maester happen, and have long scenes of them bickering about whether or not magic is real.

But yeah, I'm 100% down with recasting Bloodraven. Hell, go back and CGI a redesigned Sydow Bloodraven into that season 4 scene and I'll rebuy the Bluray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom