• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGiff

Oh wow, now Sydow, too? They're going all out on big-name actors now. Now they just need to make my dream of Ian McKellan as Marwyn, with Patrick Stewart cast as a more conservative maester happen, and have long scenes of them bickering about whether or not magic is real.

But yeah, I'm 100% down with recasting Bloodraven. Hell, go back and CGI a redesigned Sydow Bloodraven into that season 4 scene and I'll rebuy the Bluray.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't really like McKellan as a film actor anymore. He was absolutely amazing in LOTR, but he never had anything meaty to do in X-Men, and in The Hobbit he became a parody of himself. I hear Mr. Holmes is pretty bad, too. He's brilliant on stage, though.

Iksenpets

Banned
Unpopular opinion, but I don't really like McKellan as a film actor anymore. He was absolutely amazing in LOTR, but he never had anything meaty to do in X-Men, and in The Hobbit he became a parody of himself. I hear Mr. Holmes is pretty bad, too. He's brilliant on stage, though.

I haven't been keeping up with Mr. Holmes, so I don't know how good or bad he may be in that, and frankly everything in The Hobbit kind of became a parody of itself. Can't deny though that in film at least he's kind of been coasting on the fame of being the old British guy everyone knows.

Damphair should be cast by a homeless man they find in a dumpster. Just pure, raw man from a dumpster.

All this casting news
excited-ron-swanson.gif

Euron

I think the real question is which Rome alum are they going to cast and misuse this season?

They'll bring back Edmure just to ruin his character

Forkball

Sydow as Bloodraven, awesome. I feel sorry for the previous actor though. Though he did get paid to sit in a tree and say one line, it's hard to beat a gig like that. They definitely need to update his visuals. He didn't even have one eye. The dude even says, "With a thousand eyes, and one." THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE IF YOU HAVE TWO EYES.

Kain

Holy fuck, Sydow is BIG.

OK, now to complete the trifecta: Mads as Euron, come one, I know you can do it, Nina, I know you can!

XAL

Awesome, hopefully he's part of a tree and old as fuck and not some fucking guy chillin on some vines like he's about to go make himself some tea.

Christ that's one of the worst things to happen since House of the Undying.

Turin

Banned
I have to ask. Has Mads ever done an English accent?

somehow I don't expect them to change his design, he will just be the next old man in a bush

None of us will be satisfied but I think there might be some effort to make him look a little bit more of the earth.

Why settle for Mads now? Clearly, we need to set our sights higher.

Daniel Day-Lewis for Euron!

Who knows what it would take to get Day-Lewis into any kind of TV show.

mokeyjoe

What, the critically acclaimed Mr Holmes for which McKellan has been consistently praised for his excellent performance?

Turin

Banned
I'm pretty sure all the actors who need it have accent coaches. I think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has one. He also happens to be close friends with Mads so this has to happen.

True. It's just that Mads' accent is THICK. Although, he has smoothed it out a bit this year on Hannibal so I don't suppose it'd be like Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men(you could tell he was straining but in that case it added to the eeriness of the performance).

I think it helps that the Ironborn in the show so far have all sounded a bit rougher.

I was trying to think of what I've seen Mads in where his accent wasn't very thick and I remembered it was the (not good) Clash of the Titans. Here's a scene with him.

I think Mads is great, but honestly I've never seen him as Euron, especially with how they've cast the Greyjoys. I'm sure he could give an interesting performance if they wanted to go that direction though.

NeoGiff

What, the critically acclaimed Mr Holmes for which McKellan has been consistently praised for his excellent performance?

Has it been critically acclaimed? I see. However, I don't decide whether I'm interested in a movie or not by what critics say.

My brother (who I trust a lot as far as movies go), saw it and said that it was nothing special, and that McKellan plays the same old charming bumbling character he usually plays (Magneto being an exception - he's just boring). And the twist in the plot literally amounts to
"it wasn't the bees, it was the wasps!"
#SherlockHolmes

Anyway, this is off topic.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6, White Walker Scene Planned That Will Eclipse ‘Hardhome,’ From Season 5

Sources close to the production of Season 6 tease a massive game-changing event by the White Walkers being worked on, and will be filmed by October. When pressed for details the source would only say, “If you think the special effects were magnificent in last season’s (5) eight episode, you had better prepare for utter shock coming up next year. Not only are the dragons going to be massive next season, but viewers are about to learn more about the mysterious creatures from the Lands of Always Winter.

So, will there be another battle? “I’m sworn to secrecy, but I can assure you, the scenes planned will break the Internet.”

bengraven

How weird is it that everything we're going to see, most likely, is fresh and new to all of us?

And am I the only one a bit scared?

Has it been critically acclaimed? I see. However, I don't decide whether I'm interested in a movie or not by what critics say.

My brother (who I trust a lot as far as movies go), saw it and said that it was nothing special, and that McKellan plays the same old charming bumbling character he usually plays (Magneto being an exception - he's just boring). And the twist in the plot literally amounts to
"it wasn't the bees, it was the wasps!"
#SherlockHolmes

Anyway, this is off topic.

Oh dammit I shouldn't have read your spoiler. I thought we were in GOT territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom