• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Oh, those Dothraki! They're descended from ape-men, we can't blame them for their simple ideals.

As they gyrate like uncivilized heathens in the grasslands and summon the Dead Stallion Who Waits Beneath The Poison Sea? You can't trust them, any of them.

And you wouldn't want your DAUGHTER to date one, imagine what the neighbors would think.

NeoGiff

As they gyrate like uncivilized heathens in the grasslands and summon the Dead Stallion Who Waits Beneath The Poison Sea? You can't trust them, any of them.

You do not want to be a dirt-worshipping heathen from this fucking point forward.

EVWbOd9.jpg

Euron

So Ice Spiders confirmed? Ice Spiders confirmed.

Fucking confirmed.

Get Hype.

Speaking of which, I wonder when the photos of Rory McCann fighting Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson will leak.

Moff

So Ice Spiders confirmed? Ice Spiders confirmed.

Fucking confirmed.

Get Hype.

Speaking of which, I wonder when the photos of Rory McCann fighting Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson will leak.

they didn't use thor for Robert Strong in season 5 did they? I doubt they will hire him again.
McCann needs to come back though.

He'll need to do a full on return to fight The Mountain. This is 100% happening in the TV show. I don't think GRRM will do it in the books though.

When Nan originally mentioned the spiders, she said 'pale spiders' and I heard 'pain spiders'

Ever since then I've been dying for the pain spiders to be shown.

He'll need to do a full on return to fight The Mountain. This is 100% happening in the TV show. I don't think GRRM will do it in the books though.

I'm sceptical that even the show will sink to the level of Cleganebowl.

I'd say it's more likely they (and possibly even GRRM) will bring him back into Sansa's storyline.

I don't really know which is worse tbh.

mantidor

While cleaganebowl's reactions on reddit would be very entertaining, I don't see a point for it storywise.

Maybe they'll get trained Arya to kill them both right before the fight begins, dashing all hopes in an attempt to "break the internet" as they always try to do.

Plasmid

While cleaganebowl's reactions on reddit would be very entertaining, I don't see a point for it storywise.

Maybe they'll get trained Arya to kill them both right before the fight begins, dashing all hopes in an attempt to "break the internet" as they always try to do.

Cersei uses Zombie Gregor as trial by combat champion, the faith uses the hound and wins. Cersei is then pushed forward to burn down kings landing.

Cleganebowl will be happening in both. Sandor only 'found peace' because he thinks his brother is dead and he's been robbed of his chance to kill him. If he hears that the Mountain is 'alive', well... As a man of the cloth he's perfectly positioned to be the faith's champion. I think the rub will come when Sandor realises he's been fighting a reanimated corpse and has only a hollow victory to savour.

That's how I imagine it going down anyway. Of course, the show has ruined that slightly by giving Robert Strong the open helm and goofy zombie make up. There's always time to change that though.

Turin

Banned
I think that by the time they do fight it'd almost be like two strangers going at it. That's kind of a GRRM thing to do.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The thing is...I'm not sure which I would rather go for. The Hound loses creating irony in the fact that Cersei is guilty while Tyrion was not/same with Margery losing. While Cersei losing could push her over the edge and give Jamie the reason to kill her once she burns down Kings landing.

Speevy

Banned
It would be funny if Winterfell got invaded again and Walder Frey was supposed to send troops but decided to stay home instead.

Roose is like "shit".

Kain

It would be funny if Winterfell got invaded again and Walder Frey was supposed to send troops but decided to stay home instead.

Roose is like "shit".

Roose is not stupid and should not trust Walder Frey to do anything so he would probably have a backup plan. But this is the show we're talking about and he is not Ramsay, so who knows?

Obvious Bran seeing Ned and Lyanna fighting as kids, won't be surprised at all to see a Maisie look-alike, in fact I'd love to see that to drive home the point, but I somehow doubt D&D are that clever.

The call says young Ned will be sparring against someone who is older than him. I'm guessing it'll be Brandon. Perhaps Lyanna will enter the fray afterwards, and a young Robert will see her for the first time.

It'd be interesting to see if they're doing a series of flashbacks relating to Ned and Lyanna throughout the season culminating at the Tower of Joy.

Iksenpets

Banned
Question now is why are we seeing those 3 characters at that time?

I could see them doing a series of flashbacks over the course of the Stark children's lives building up to the Tower of Joy to tell the R+L=J story. You could also have but of young Benjen to reestablish him if he's ever going to be important again. A brief story of playing as children > Tourney at Harrenhall > Tower of Joy would establish all the relationships and tell the story well enough. But so far no casting for. Lyanna or a Howland or a Rhaegar or anything, so they're probably not going that far.

Euron

Day 75: Still no signs of Euron casting news. Hopefully the flashbacks are on point at least.

On the bright side at least Cleganebowl rumors are starting to pop up

Moff

but I wanted the tower of joy to be the seasons "cold opening" :(
and after it right to jon snow

So they're going Boardwalk Empire final season route. Not sure if want...

Oof, those flashbacks in Boardwalk were dull. I gotta think with what we know of these characters that they have more interesting content to work with and they'll probably be less screentime dedicated to it.

Turin

Banned
but I wanted the tower of joy to be the seasons "cold opening" :(
and after it right to jon snow

Yeah. That would have been pretty cool.

So they're going Boardwalk Empire final season route. Not sure if want...

I want it. I don't need it. But I'd like it.

Oof, those flashbacks in Boardwalk were dull. I gotta think with what we know of these characters that they have more interesting content to work with and they'll probably be less screentime dedicated to it.

No soup for you! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom