• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would there be no need for 2 legendary swordfighters?
we need at least three as far as I am concerned
I really need them to use the dialogue 1:1 from the book, this is vital

100% agreed.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

If that's out, I will gladly join the "only Cat" pitchfork brigade.

Iksenpets

Banned
100% agreed.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

If that's out, I will gladly join the "only Cat" pitchfork brigade.

I don't think that requires casting all three of the Kingsguard. You can just give all three Kingsguard lines to Arthur, and keep Ned's responses in place. If I had to guess, I'd say the 7-on-3 fight will be rewritten to 2-on-1 with just Ned, Howland, and Arthur.

And I'd have to agree that a typo is the most likely thing on that Eric Roberts story. Twitter can autopopulate all kinds of shit in there once you've hit that @ key.

I don't think that requires casting all three of the Kingsguard. You can just give all three Kingsguard lines to Arthur, and keep Ned's responses in place. If I had to guess, I'd say the 7-on-3 fight will be rewritten to 2-on-1 with just Ned, Howland, and Arthur.

And I'd have to agree that a typo is the most likely thing on that Eric Roberts story. Twitter can autopopulate all kinds of shit in there once you've hit that @ key.

Yep, my agreement was focused on the dialog, not the casting of the scene. I think 2 on 1 as you lay it out would work perfectly fine.

Moff

Eric Roberts? So the cheese is here to stay I see.

Wait for the second one to be Robert, I'm sure that makes sense somehow in D&D's heads.

I actually thought of that myself, too
he could even be on both sides, both would make 0 sense

Ogimachi

Just saw this on westeros.org

So on Max von Sydow's twitter he tweeted about being proud of joining GoT and tagged maisie, sophie, nikolai, and iwan. And then there is a final tag, Eric Roberts.

The account isn't verified but the verified Eric Roberts Twitter account retweeted it.

Here is the link.

And here's a pic of Eric Roberts if you don't know who he is.

RiffTrax-_Eric_Roberts_in_The_Dark_Knight.jpg

So what does this mean? Did Max accidentally leak a new casting or did he just thank him for some reason?

Could this be our Euron?
Euron is half his age.

Iksenpets

Banned
Eric Roberts? So the cheese is here to stay I see.

Wait for the second one to be Robert, I'm sure that makes sense somehow in D&D's heads.

Ok, I hadn't thought of anything as crazy as Robert, but I did have some thoughts about them giving Howland's role entirely to Benjen, and just forgetting Bran's offhand remark about Howland saving his dad's life ever happened. Then it could be Ned and Benjen coming to save their sister, and Benjen revealing all the secrets to Jon eventually. That's the sort of change I could really see D&D thinking is great.

NeoGiff

Ok, I hadn't thought of anything as crazy as Robert, but I did have some thoughts about them giving Howland's role entirely to Benjen, and just forgetting Bran's offhand remark about Howland saving his dad's life ever happened. Then it could be Ned and Benjen coming to save their sister, and Benjen revealing all the secrets to Jon eventually. That's the sort of change I could really see D&D thinking is great.

But Benjen already revealed the secrets to Jon.

cLOUDo

i like that
if i remember Benjen do nothing during Robert's rebellion, right?

Massa

After the general resistance to casting American actors except in a handful of cases (Oberyn and Drogo, cases where ethnic requirements for the roles were bound to make America more fertile ground for finding them than Europe) it would be weird that Eric Roberts would be our first major exception.

Doesn't really fit my mental image of any character. Maybe he'll put on a nice Cajun accent for Howland Reed.

This is what Eric Roberts is up to these days, I doubt he's in GoT.

NeoGiff

Everyone knows the line will be "The North Remembers, Lord Bolton" as Littlefinger stabs Roose in the chest.

After which the ghosts of Ned, Robb, and Gramsey Bolton appear grinning in the background, while Yub Nub plays to a crescendo, before coming to a halt. Close up on Littlefinger as he spreads his arms and addresses those in Winterfell, and also the audience.

"You know, my lords, this really is a Game of Thrones."

Cut to black.

Eric Roberts? Lol he's like King Hack. There is no way I'd buy him as a person in middle ages fantasy land. It's like casting Tony Sirco as Maester Pycell.

Joni

Watching through The Borgias again, I could only wish they had included some of those actors on Game of Thrones. Their Machiavelli might have made an amazing Littlefinger. Maybe Cesare for one of the Stark kids and Jeremy Irons for literally any role.

Speevy

Banned
Jeremy Irons is amazing in some roles, and spectacularly bad in others. It's tough to say what he'd be in Game of Thrones, but if anyone can get a bad performance out of him, it's D and D.

Turin

Banned
The guy who played Machiavelli would probably make for a more book-accurate Roose Bolton. But I like show-Roose.

I don't know if I'd like the actor who played Cesare as anyone for GoT. Certainly not one of the Starks. Maybe Darkstar.

Massa

Some shots of Maisie filming and a certain set being taken down.

Also here's an interview with Finn Jones and Hodor. Some interesting tidbits in here:

-Finn has read the S6 scripts at this point
-Finn says the Hound is his favorite character at the moment but can't say why(cleganebowl confirmed)
-He thinks Loras going to Dragonstone is kind of unimportant and uninteresting
-There is a dramatic change for Loras coming in S6
-other shit

Dramatic change for Loras
I can only assume is that he will have scenes with clothes on.

Huh, that's interesting. Are there any other references to lemon trees?

Well, I think every Sansa chapter has at least 20 references to lemon pies.

Iksenpets

Banned
I never understood the lemon theory. Sure, lemons don't grow in Braavos, but she was living with wealthy patrons and there's nothing the wealthy love doing more than defying nature. I see houses with big yards trying desperately to grow sad little stunted palm trees in middle America all the time. A rich Braavosi would totally plant an ecologically impossible lemon tree in his yard.

But now that we've apparently confirmed cleganebowl and the lemon stuff in one day, maybe someone can get GRRM to comment on the curious similarities between Euron and Daario, too.

Brakke

Banned
We Went There: A Magical Evening With DJ Hodor at the Rave of Thrones

My boy spittin' hot fire:

“I remember when I got the gig with Game of Thrones,” Nairn told me over the phone a few weeks before the show. “People were like, ‘Oh my God, he’s a DJ, he’s a musician, he can’t act. It’s gonna be shit, it’s gonna be a fucking disaster.’ Then I proved them wrong and I’m still here after six years. Now the people who know me as Hodor, they go, ‘Oh, he’s a celebrity DJ.’ And I’m, like, REALLY? I have to do this all over again? I keep explaining this to people, I can do more than one thing. When I started Game of Thrones, the first three seasons, I still DJ’d every night before I went on set. I’d finish DJing at 3 a.m. and have to be on set at 5 a.m. I would like to see any of these other celebrity DJs, or even these hipster DJs who don’t like celebrity DJs [do that]. They don’t have that fucking kind of staying power. I’ve been out there before all of them. I’m not saying I’m the bee’s knees. But I am a legitimate musician.”

You're the bee's knees to mees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom