• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
I know it's highly unlikely but if Winds could somehow release sometime in April, might HBO want to push the start date for the new season back a couple weeks?

I mean, a lot of people would just hold out on the show until they finish it anyway.

Euron

I hope it's
Brienne
. I've been sick of her for quite some time.
There's no way in hell she makes it through Season 6. The only questions are when she'll die and how.

That being said, episode 1 sounds a bit too early though they may just do it for a #OMGSHOCKINGDEATHONGOT Moment

I know it's highly unlikely but if Winds could somehow release sometime in April, might HBO want to push the start date for the new season back a couple weeks?

I mean, a lot of people would just hold out on the show until they finish it anyway.

I doubt that. This is one of a few consensus shows left in the sprawling diverse world that TV has become where everyone is watching as it airs and it has a discussion along with it each week.

Why would HBO want to mess up their schedule for the year to help out a book publisher for a few weeks? If GRRM finishes it close enough to where this is even possible, it'll be on Bantam/Voyager to shave a few weeks off their process. I hope this doesn't happen though, we don't need to give them extra incentive to rush the editing process again.

Turin

Banned
Okay then.

There's no way in hell she makes it through Season 6. The only questions are when she'll die and how.

That being said, episode 1 sounds a bit too early though they may just do it for a #OMGSHOCKINGDEATHONGOT Moment

I don't know. D&D seem to love her to death. She's like their grim reaper of fan favorites.

She doesn't do much for last 2 seasons but shows up at the end of each finale to possibly kill Sandor and Stannis. Perhaps Jaime's next.

Euron

I don't know. D&D seem to love her to death. She's like their grim reaper of fan favorites.

She doesn't do much for last 2 seasons but shows up at the end of each finale to possibly kill Sandor and Stannis. Perhaps Jaime's next.
When you put it like that...yeah it seems like her job for the past few seasons has been do nothing for 9 episodes then show up at the end to kill a once hated character who is now very likable.

RIP Jaime/Theon this season I guess

Forkball

I can't see Mel dying in episode one, there's no build up. Same with Brienne. Not to mention Mel is extremely important when it comes to the magic side of the story.

bengraven

I still like Brienne. She redeemed herself with the Mountain fight.

I can't see Mel dying in episode one, there's no build up. Same with Brienne. Not to mention Mel is extremely important when it comes to the magic side of the story.

Without Stannis or Jon there's no point to her.

Unless it's Arya doing it.

Turin

Banned
Well, if they really want to scare people into thinking Jon's perma dead then killing Mel in the first episode is a way to do it.

Thoros and Beric still need to be used.

Looks like no filming in Croatia for Season 6: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-wont-shoot-in-croatia-hbo-confirms-so-dont-expect-much-from-kings-landing-10464949.html

So what does this mean for King's Landing? I doubt they'll go an entire season without it. Maybe indoor scenes for the trial filmed elsewhere?

Edit: Apparently Meereen is also filmed in Croatia. Interesting.

Might not mean much. As they use up good filming spots at a location, they'll shift to a new place to for new filming locations.

bengraven

I'm really going to be happy when the "is Jon dead" issue is cleared up once and for all.

Well, if they really want to scare people into thinking Jon's perma dead then killing Mel in the first episode is a way to do it.

Thoros and Beric still need to be used.

I'm really not sure they'll ever come back. I think this crew is seriously like "eh, no one will remember them".

bengraven

I think he's being sarcastic :)

edit: Oh wait, I think you are too :(

tumblr_mnqolpPBQ61ru4vlmo1_500.gif

Forkball

Without Stannis or Jon there's no point to her.

Unless it's Arya doing it.
Isn't her point to have a large part in bringing back Jon? Also she is tied to the mythos surrounding the Lord of Light and the white walkers. Without her, we have no real insight on this part of the story.

I'M NOT DONE SEEING HER NAKED YET

Isn't her point to have a large part in bringing back Jon? Also she is tied to the mythos surrounding the Lord of Light and the white walkers. Without her, we have no real insight on this part of the story.

Yeah, I think you can make an argument for Melisandre being more important to the overall story than as a supporting character to the doomed Stannis she has been tied to thus far.

bengraven

http://i.imgur.com/ljrqAXW.png

The seduction of Jon Snow and the fact that's she's fire at an ice wall is not a coincidence. I agree.

black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

Carice's modeling pics have been my wallpaper for the last year...

aIYoAFJ.jpg

mantidor

I don't get the hype. He reappeared in the book, too, as the gravedigger. This could just be that.

Personally I don't get the excitement for Hound vs Zombie Mountain. His brother is already dead, what satisfaction will there be at chopping up a walking corpse?

Yes to all of this! The thing about the mountain is that he is little more than a plot device in the show, and I'm really not interested in the Hound unless he gets to meet either of the Stark girls again, specially Arya of course. His arc came to a close.

I saw this before and it was amazing.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Not excited about that, and really don't think it's going to be good. Either the hound dies and this was pointless anyway, or Cersei is condemned, but we know she's not going to die yet. I am wondering what The Hound will do after this though. That's the real question.

hoos30

What? Why?

Iksenpets

Banned
Now that they have 8 seasons do you guys think they'll try to incorporate the griff storyline in some way?

Nah, that ship has sailed. Besides, I think that for them cutting the Griffs was something more along the lines of them cutting Stoneheart, where they're cutting a plot they just don't like, versus cutting a plot they don't have time or money for.

Nah, that ship has sailed. Besides, I think that for them cutting the Griffs was something more along the lines of them cutting Stoneheart, where they're cutting a plot they just don't like, versus cutting a plot they don't have time or money for.

8 seasons isn't really that much time either if you consider how they need to get through what will take at least 800k+ words in two unpublished books.

Suuuuuper excited about
the Hound
. Love him. And after some of the all-but-fan-service, like with Brienne and Stannis, I expect he will figure somehow, some way, into
Sansa's
story.

Speevy

Banned
It's just The Hound limping around the Riverlands for 10 episodes, muttering "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." after every bloody step.

I wonder if this is another instance of D&D pre-empting what GRRM is currently writing (as with burning Shireen), or making things up themselves. I doubt GRRM is letting the Hound end up just an obscure riddle; I think the gravedigger has more to come.

I wonder if this is another instance of D&D pre-empting what GRRM is currently writing (as with burning Shireen), or making things up themselves. I doubt GRRM is letting the Hound end up just an obscure riddle; I think the gravedigger has more to come.

Personally, I didn't see them doing Zombie Gregor in the show unless Clegane Bowl was a thing in the series they'd do down the line. It's a thing that George set up as a Chekhov's gun way way back and the show has followed all the necessary steps that George has laid out in the novels thus far.

So, I think it's definitely something that George is doing in the novels and planned it many years ago.

My only problem with the Clegane Bowl idea is that the Hound is quite injured when Brienne sees him in AFFC; he's lame. Is he going to miraculously heal and then travel all the way to King's Landing to face his brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom