• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem with the Clegane Bowl idea is that the Hound is quite injured when Brienne sees him in AFFC; he's lame. Is he going to miraculously heal and then travel all the way to King's Landing to face his brother?

This is a series where the Mountain is resurrected as a potentially headless zombie warrior, but you take issue with a guy healing too quickly?

My only problem with the Clegane Bowl idea is that the Hound is quite injured when Brienne sees him in AFFC; he's lame. Is he going to miraculously heal and then travel all the way to King's Landing to face his brother?

The journey to King's Landing isn't long and he'll have months to heal (not that they will ever be specific about the time line). Of all the things they've handwaived away in the show, this would be pretty low among them.

mantidor

Does the Faith really have no one else at all besides an injured Hound weeks away from KL? I wouldn't bet on him winning.

I mean, I know, the show has flying dragons and magic, but that doesn't mean you can just throw logic out of the window.

D&D would probably do it though.

Iksenpets

Banned
Does the Faith really have no one else at all besides an injured Hound weeks away from KL? I wouldn't bet on him winning.

I mean, I know, the show has flying dragons and magic, but that doesn't mean you can just throw logic out of the window.

Yeah, I think in the books at least, we'll probably get an eventual Sandor/Gregor face off, but it won't be at Cersei's trial. That's too soon for him to get there, and like you said, why would the Faith even choose him? They have plenty of guys in the city already.

The show I could see condensing events to create the Cleganebowl.

Brakke

Banned
cleganebowl sucks because y tf bring in the hound when you could put Howland Fucking Reed in the field to put the bop on the mountain

I don't think Cleganebowl makes that much sense, personally. GRRM has a huge aversion to things being tied up neatly/symmetrically, characters meeting ordained fates, straightforward catharsis, et cetera.

I don't think Cleganebowl makes that much sense, personally. GRRM has a huge aversion to things being tied up neatly/symmetrically, characters meeting ordained fates, straightforward catharsis, et cetera.

I'm not particularly interested in it either. Sandor's end as it is now is pretty satisfying and gives good closure to his arc. I've no real desire to see him fight a zombie, and I don't think it would even be all that cathartic.

I assume George's aversion on it is that it happens when those two people aren't the one's that wanted to kill each other for all those years. Gregor is Frankenstein and Sandor is not "The Hound" and I assume might not have an interest in killing Gregor anymore.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea or Sandor coming back, but I do think it's happening (in book and show).

Patriots7

Of all the storylines they've cut to streamline the show, I can't fathom why this one is essential to keep.

Shocking twist and more violence I guess.

Is Cleganebowl just speculation based on
McCann being spotted on set?

If so, it's entirely possible they're filming non-Cleganebowl scenes, right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can't forget that Sandor is still a wanted criminal for abandoning the battle of Blackwater. He probably would be executed on sight unless somehow his true identity is hidden like his bro's.

Can't forget that Sandor is still a wanted criminal for abandoning the battle of Blackwater. He probably would be executed on sight unless somehow his true identity is hidden like his bro's.

Him being with the faith would overcome that pretty easily. They can only execute him if he's in their power.

Iksenpets

Banned
Is Cleganebowl just speculation based on
McCann being spotted on set?

If so, it's entirely possible they're filming non-Cleganebowl scenes, right?

He's only been spotted in Belfast, no actual plot details about whatever he's filming. It could be anything.

Turin

Banned
I couldn't care less if Cleganebowl happens tbh.

I just want Sandor(and Rory) back. I've never really believed that GRRM would leave him at the graveyard.

Hound kills zombie Mountain, Hound realizes even reborn through faith he's still a monster who kills & now has nothing else to live for, Hound slits his own throat.
Cersi wins?

Sinn

Banned
I thought it would have been far more interesting for Sansa and co. to come across Sandor on the Vale roads, whilst on the way back to Winterfell. Having him agree to personally bodyguard her for money,(thanks to Littlefinger machinations) would have been a fucking interesting plotline due to..

1. Comparisons to the Hound/Joffrey relationship.
2. The Hound would believably not be afraid of Ramsay.
3. Sensible development of the Sansa/Hound relationship.
4. Keeps a loved character on set.

But no

Victim victim victim, mental gymnastics all for the sake of a rape scene, no character development.

I fucking hate D&D.

I wonder if this is another instance of D&D pre-empting what GRRM is currently writing (as with burning Shireen), or making things up themselves. I doubt GRRM is letting the Hound end up just an obscure riddle; I think the gravedigger has more to come.

I seriously doubt Sandor is coming back in the books. What would be the point of that gravedigger scene if only to drag him back in full-force later? It seems pretty clear to me that that was just a little epilogue to his story. He's lame, he's not interested in killing any more, the end.

I thought it would have been far more interesting for Sansa and co. to come across Sandor on the Vale roads, whilst on the way back to Winterfell. Having him agree to personally bodyguard her for money,(thanks to Littlefinger machinations) would have been a fucking interesting plotline due to..

1. Comparisons to the Hound/Joffrey relationship.
2. The Hound would believably not be afraid of Ramsay.
3. Sensible development of the Sansa/Hound relationship.
4. Keeps a loved character on set.

But no

Victim victim victim, mental gymnastics all for the sake of a rape scene, no character development.

I fucking hate D&D.

That wouldn't have worked at all since obviously the Hound would have killed Ramsey the first time he tried anything with Sansa.

mantidor

Seriously, not to mention the books do not support this at all, Meera has green eyes and brown hair.

Off season is tough, as a newbie in this world I'm starting to realize that. :p

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
- Behind the scenes vid over on Facebook - look inside the filming of The Great Pit Fight of Daznak

Looks like they're rolling out a few of the extras before the digital download is available on Monday.

This just reminds me of the bullshit they are doing with this. Like why release the digital version so far ahead of the retail one. It has never made sense that they would not put this shows's retail release in February when they would sell so much more before Christmas. There must be a reason though.

tumblr_n2yhvtTR8O1t9hyr4o1_500.jpg

This was bad enough when it was the new "a-ha" theory for book readers years back.

mantidor

Some MAJOR rumors are coming from Irish Thrones

-Winterfell Crypts are showing up again

-"CLOSE SOURCES say Lady Stoneheart 'WILL' appear and command an army!"

-R+L=J confirmed(again)

Sounds about right on that second one since Dan and Dave are seemingly playing it season to season, it's going to be dumb (second masked spoiler thing)
having so much time pass without a mention until now if this is true and of course if Stoneheart is Cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom