• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like some of the rumored and confirmed storylines are desperate grabs at content D&D previously threw out, and are scrambling to fill episode time. Bringing back
Lady Stoneheart
now? That could have been easily set up with a single shot in season 3. They could have made burning Shireen the major story arc of last season, and saved Stannis' death for season 6.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm not buying any Stoneheart rumors until I see it with my own eyes. Every comment from directors about it has been dismissive, and there's been zero setup done for it. Honestly I think they'd be a little crazy to try it now, three years later, having done pretty much zero foreshadowing of it the past two seasons.

Dysun

It would be a waste of time to bring her back after all the butchering they've done to that arc and other material

Won't believe it unless they are desperately looking for filler now that Season 8 is real

It would be a waste of time to bring her back after all the butchering they've done to that arc and other material

Won't believe it unless they are desperately looking for filler now that Season 8 is real

If it's true, I'll bet it is because it looks like they've changed plans to 8 seasons. Need to throw more stuff in there to pad out the run.

Remember this?
Gower was much more cryptic about a mind-blowing VFX challenge that fans will see in Season 6… probably. “Benioff and Weiss, when they write the outline each year, for last two years, we got to this one point and we read this one gag and thought 'Oh my God, how the hell are we going to do that? But this is going to be incredible!’ And then it got pulled and we didn’t do it in Season 4,” says Gower. “And then, lo and behold, in Season 5 there it was again. And it’s pulled again! But now, in Season 6, it looks like we’re going to do it. Fingers crossed they won’t chicken out.”

LSH here we come
maybe

Maybe I'm just making stuff up but I remember there were casting rumors for some new Brotherhood members. So the LSH rumors would make some sense. Though they should have had her a long time ago on the show.

Time to bring Tom of Sevenstreams out and show Edmure Tully. The Blackfish and Edmure have really been shortchanged in the series.

Koko

Banned
tumblr_lnx7r6XRzI1qccm2fo1_400.gif

Another thing GRRM apparently said was that Tyrion in the books is nothing like Dinklage portrays him as.

What that meant I don't know, but it's obvious AGOTF considers GRRM a fellow DnD hater.

Are you seriously treating AngryGotFan as a real source or just messing with us?

bengraven

Actually the only thing that piqued my interest was the "enough for another book" part, but that was kind of a given. Might make for an interesting series of History of Westeros books ala the History of Middle Earth by Christopher Tolkien.

I'm always shocked at how blonde his hair was in the first season whenever I see a clip from it.

He had a few extra pounds on him, too. He went from pale, flubbery and blonde in the pilot to cut jaw grizzled heart throb soon after.

Ogimachi

Another thing GRRM apparently said was that Tyrion in the books is nothing like Dinklage portrays him as.

What that meant I don't know, but it's obvious AGOTF considers GRRM a fellow DnD hater.

Ermb8rG.png
Not exactly a mystery, is it? It's not just Dinklage's portrayal, though, he was written as a different character.

GRRM is not a D&D hater, that's silly, but he's said some things like that before, although in a more cryptic way. He said "good adaptations stick to the source material", "adaptations should never try to fix things in the source material" and so on.
He also said once that LF (at the time) was the least similar to the book character, one can only imagine what he'd have to say about some of the major ones.

I'm sure he won't mince words a few years down the road, but right now it's making him rich as fuck, why would he publicly bash the show's flaws?

psaman17

Banned
Remember this?

LSH here we come
maybe

They (D&D) should've done some foreshadowing with LSH because now with both Jon Snow and her coming back in the same season, deaths in GOT will be treated as a joke. Fans will be expecting to see headless Ned Stark make a triumphant return.(he isn't coming back.... right??)

If i was an unsullied and saw LSH being resurrected after 3 freaking years, my eyes will be rolling so hard it'll fall to the ground.

I'm not buying any Stoneheart rumors until I see it with my own eyes. Every comment from directors about it has been dismissive, and there's been zero setup done for it. Honestly I think they'd be a little crazy to try it now, three years later, having done pretty much zero foreshadowing of it the past two seasons.

I don't buy it either. But foreshadowing in the show lately has just been the sizzle "previously on GoT" opener.

Few scenes of Cat including her death... boom, foreshadowing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The reason they waited so long with LSH is because it's not Cat, it's Sansa. She died when she jumped from the wall and they brought her back as LSH. :p

El Topo

They (D&D) should've done some foreshadowing with LSH because now with both Jon Snow and her coming back in the same season, deaths in GOT will be treated as a joke. Fans will be expecting to see headless Ned Stark make a triumphant return.(he isn't coming back.... right??)

If i was an unsullied and saw LSH being resurrected after 3 freaking years, my eyes will be rolling so hard it'll fall to the ground.

Now I want a spin-off series. The Adventures of Headless Ned. Joking aside, maybe they'll make LSH work, who knows? Don't really see the point of her though.

I don't buy it either. But foreshadowing in the show lately has just been the sizzle "previously on GoT" opener.

Few scenes of Cat including her death... boom, foreshadowing.
I bet they could stick in a 'previously on' scene showing a scene showing Arya having a warg dream with Nymeria pulling a womans body out of a river and the average show watcher wont remember that they haven't seen it.

Hystzen

I bet they could stick in a 'previously on' scene showing a scene showing Arya having a warg dream with Nymeria pulling a womans body out of a river and the average show watcher wont remember that they haven't seen it.

Also shove in Greyjoy Kingsmoot scenes so we can get goddamn Euron

Ratrat

The thing with LSH, is that it's not pretty. She's a disgusting, croaking zombie who is probably not quite there. I see her more like a vengeful ghost. Who knows what Jons will be like.

You know, they could just introduce the character, who would be completely unrecognizable. Have her kill a bunch of Freys throughout the season and only at the finale reveal that she's Catelyns corpse.

Apt101

I'm starting to lean towards the theory that Jon had a twin sister given to Howland Reed, who became Meera, and the story will shift to her. Jon will just be dead and all of this is theatrics. And if he does come back he won't be Azor Ahai.

For those who haven't heard the theory/don't recall specifics from the books: they look similar in appearance and were born in the same year, the year Lyanna died. Only Ned and Howland survived the Tower of Joy.

You know, they could just introduce the character, who would be completely unrecognizable. Have her kill a bunch of Freys throughout the season and only at the finale reveal that she's Catelyns corpse.

Yeah that's the only way I can see it working really. Have her be beyond even a white walker, like a barely together skeletal mess, and then she finds Sansa and like strokes her face while Sansa freaks out.

Ermb8rG.png
Martin has said that about Tyrion many times. He likes Dinklage's performance though, of course.

That fan has been known to over inflate things before. I'd imagine Martin said he doesn't agree with every change the show has made due to butterfly effect consequences, ie something he has said many times before, and the fan translated that as Martin shitting on the show.

Martin working on both books at same time...? More likely he meant that Martin said he is already moving some TWOW content to ADOS. Godspeed.

RedShift

Him working on ADOS content already has to be pretty positive in terms of how he's doing with TWOW. Means some characters at least might be mostly finished for TWOW.

Him working on ADOS content already has to be pretty positive in terms of how he's doing with TWOW. Means some characters at least might be mostly finished for TWOW.

If you actually believe that. Even if this wasn't coming from a joke/gimmick twitter account the idea that GRRM is actually working on multiple books at once is so far out there that it'd be hard to believe.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm starting to lean towards the theory that Jon had a twin sister given to Howland Reed, who became Meera, and the story will shift to her. Jon will just be dead and all of this is theatrics. And if he does come back he won't be Azor Ahai.

For those who haven't heard the theory/don't recall specifics from the books: they look similar in appearance and were born in the same year, the year Lyanna died. Only Ned and Howland survived the Tower of Joy.
No they don't.

If you actually believe that. Even if this wasn't coming from a joke/gimmick twitter account the idea that GRRM is actually working on multiple books at once is so far out there that it'd be hard to believe.
Yup. As I said more than likely Martin stated he is moving some Winds chapters to Dream. Similar to what he did while writing ADWD (he moved Sansa, Arya, Damphair, and Bran chapters to Winds).

fantomena

I think episode 1 in s6 will start with Jon lying on the ground where mothers mercy ended.

It's mostly a stomach feeling, but this continuation also happened in episode 10 in season 1 when got execued.

Also, the music when Jon dies changing into a "dun dun, something's about to happen" music.

Like first it's sad music, then it's "somethings going down" music.

bengraven

Martin has said that about Tyrion many times. He likes Dinklage's performance though, of course.

That fan has been known to over inflate things before. I'd imagine Martin said he doesn't agree with every change the show has made due to butterfly effect consequences, ie something he has said many times before, and the fan translated that as Martin shitting on the show.

Martin working on both books at same time...? More likely he meant that Martin said he is already moving some TWOW content to ADOS. Godspeed.

I was totally kidding about posting AGOTF as if it was news. I was hoping you guys knew me enough by now to know I only post desperate attempts at information when we have an information mire like a few months ago. :p

I was totally kidding about posting AGOTF as if it was news. I was hoping you guys knew me enough by now to know I only post desperate attempts at information when we have an information mire like a few months ago. :p

Well I got that impression, but then other people started taking it seriously.

Martin has said before that taking an extended break after he finished Dance was a big mistake. He's definitely planning to jump right into Dreams after he finishes Winds.

Martin has said before that taking an extended break after he finished Dance was a big mistake. He's definitely planning to jump right into Dreams after he finishes Winds.

He'll still have to go on a promotion tour and do a bunch of events. There will likely still be at least a few months before he goes onto the next book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom