• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are dark and light brown people in Dorne. Book Oberyn would certainly be browner than Show Oberyn, for instance. But overall iirc the Martells of Sunspear are lighter than the Dornish from other regions.

bengraven

Bryan Cogman said:
And as proud as I am of Season Five, for me, this was a win for all four seasons that came before and the wonderful artists who worked with us in the past. So this belongs to Sean and Kit and Michelle and Rich and Jack and Charles and... man, we killed off a lot of actors!

Hm.

Ratrat

Is political correctness now a thing regarding ASoIaF/GoT? That's the world GRRM built and they seem to stick pretty close for the most part - not sure what people are asking for. Even so, the casting still seems pretty diverse. I was just rewatching a scene with Areo Hotah and for a moment completely forgot he wasn't black in the books. Same with what's her face, Dany's attendant, and some other characters I am drawing blanks on right now.

Anyways, I guess what I'm saying is I'm fine if they stick to casting more closely aligned with the books or just outright cast certain roles with actors of different races. Not a big deal, it's all fantasy anyways. But I don't see the point in trying to actively cast more people of different races just for the sake of doing so. It'd be fucking weird to have Jaime Lannister cast as some Asian dude with a blonde whig, for example.

I take that back. That would actually be funny.
On the other hand, the Dothraki are clearly Mongolian up to their visual discription: hooded, almond eyes etc. You probably forgot about Hotah because hes a forgettable character that might as well have been cut.
'Just for the sake of doing so', but thats clearly what they did with Hotah and Nym last season and they were both completely useless to the story. They feel like they were added to address criticism of diversity, which they wouldnt have got if they hadnt gone out of their way to do the opposite until then.

Young widow audition surfaces, with hints at season 6

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING (?): Our first actual set pic of
Kit Harington/Jon Snow
in a new costume in S6

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/09/2...a-big-battle-scene-continues-near-saintfield/

http://i.imgur.com/XDMeXm1.jpg
RG0BS1U.gif

Iksenpets

Banned
Remember your spoiler tags on this one, guys!

Kit being back is no surprise, but that outfit may be the biggest spoiler we've gotten yet.

Jag

That's not black...........

Remember what was said:

'Dead is dead is dead. He be dead. Yes,' said Lombardo when asked about Kit's character. 'Everything I've seen, heard and read, Snow is dead.'

Only death can relieve a Black Brother from his oath.

Long Live Jon Targaryen.

Remember what was said:

'Dead is dead is dead. He be dead. Yes,' said Lombardo when asked about Kit's character. 'Everything I've seen, heard and read, Snow is dead.'

Only death can relieve a Black Brother from his oath.

Long Live Jon Targaryen.

KING OF THE NORTH x20

Speevy

Banned
Rumor has it that the sixth and final "Game of Thrones" season will contain many surprises.

"We figured 'what the hell?' said series hack David Beinoff. We pretty much destroyed the internal consistency of the storyline last season, so everyone's going to fight. Jon Snow, Whitewalkers, Ironborn, Lady Stoneheart. Dany's dragon. We're filming it all in one location this year to save money. We CG'd Joffrey and Tywin to make them whitewalker kings. Even Hodor's getting in on the action. We'll give all the cool characters their own army and see what happens. Of course, they'll all have their work cut out for them if they hope to defeat the newly crowned King Ramsay. I don't care anymore."

Rumor has it that the sixth and final "Game of Thrones" season will contain many surprises.

"We figured 'what the hell?' said series hack David Beinoff. We pretty much destroyed the internal consistency of the storyline last season, so everyone's going to fight. Jon Snow, Whitewalkers, Ironborn, Lady Stoneheart. Dany's dragon. We're filming it all in one location this year to save money. We CG'd Joffrey and Tywin to make them whitewalker kings. Even Hodor's getting in on the action. We'll give all the cool characters their own army and see what happens. Of course, they'll all have their work cut out for them if they hope to defeat the newly crowned King Ramsay. I don't care anymore."

I wish this was real.

Isak_Borg

Wildlings want to go south, and after Hardhome + coming back from the dead they'll have enough reasons to rally behind Jon Stark.

Yeah, I really can't see this going any other way since they hate the watch and don't see them sticking around now that Jon is gone.

belushy

Banned
Jon helps the Northern Lords put Rickon in Winterfell. Maybe then Jon heads South to Kings Landing to try and get Tommen to help fight off the coming threat?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Nearly every GoT fan: "Who's Dany?"

Speevy

Banned
They could do a really cool scene, I'm telling you guys, but I doubt D and D have the vision to pull it off.

It's the end of the season. Theon (as Reek) hobbles into Winterfell, says he has news of Sansa.

He tells Ramsay he has been following her ever since she escaped, and knows where she is.

Ramsay takes his 20 (or however many) good men into the woods. They ride for days and finally come upon a hooded figure.

Ramsay looks as Sansa turns around. His men are ambushed in the woods.

*cue the Stark theme*

Fires light the sky. Men from all over the north and the Riverlands descend on Winterfell. Roose looks out onto the battlements in disbelief. He summons every soldier he can find to defend the castle.

Cut to the heads of he and his bastard being placed atop the castle walls.

Jon stands at the head of a massive host.

*season end*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom