• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

Yea, it came out that it's a promo shot. On a side note I finished A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and would now rather see a Dunk ad Egg show more than any other kind of prequel.

Ratrat

They can skip the Riverrun siege as its ridiculous that that was happening and not mentioned by a single character for 2 seasons. The Freys have the castle and Blackfish escapes and leads the Brotherhood.

At some point he will have to borrow Littlefingers teleporter to capture Brienne in the North.

I forget, does Rickon exist in the show?

Iksenpets

Banned
But since he disappeared he's never been mentioned as far as I can recall.

Sansa and Theon mentioned him last season!

I wonder how the Stoneheart-less Brotherhood story is going to go this year.

Since there's no sign of Beric or Thoros returning, and there was casting for lots of new outlaw characters, including a new leader, my guess is the story is now "Beric and Thoros died, now some real jerks took over". Personally I would've preferred keeping Beric around and having him gone crazy by too much resurrection, but I don't think that's happening.

At this point I think if it was ever to happen, it would have to be this season.

I don't think it will, mind.

I think we're long past the point where it had to happen. It had to be either season 3, showing her actual resurrection, or season 4 as she began attacking people. It had to at least be mentioned. If they introduce her at this point non-readers will hate it.

The actor who plays Rickon was spotted in Belfast with the actress that plays Osha a couple months back. So they're probably in this season.

Iksenpets

Banned
Conlith Hill and Diana Rigg spotted in Dornish filming location.

Winter is Coming is the source.

Aren't they filming Meereen nearby though? That would at least explain Varys. Though Olenna would be the greater mystery there. Doran and Varys are both definitely pro-Targ conspirators, but involving Olenna in that would require explaining what the hell she's been up to the past several years marrying her house into the Lannisters and lending them all kinds of military and economic aid if really she supports the Targs.

NeoGiff

I suppose it's appropriate to post this here too. Jon isn't dead, he's just lost.

Zq38PZp.gif

Iksenpets

Banned
That third one...whaaaaaaa

I hope I didn't read a major spoiler.

Then again it could be
a fake out like the Manderlys in TWOW

Yeah, that's gotta be the betrayal angle. Even without Jon, the Umbers have Rickon. They're supporting a Stark for sure. They just may be getting close to the Boltons to do it.

Brienne choosing Blackfish over Jaime is interesting, too. I doubt it's a book spoiler though, so much as a replacement for Stoneheart turning Brienne against Jaime.

Apt101

This series is never going to be finished. It's a shame but GRRM is too old and unhealthy. I just hope he doesn't sabotage whatever writer is tapped to wrap it up for him.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Yeah, that's gotta be the betrayal angle. Even without Jon, the Umbers have Rickon. They're supporting a Stark for sure. They just may be getting close to the Boltons to do it.

Brienne choosing Blackfish over Jaime is interesting, too. I doubt it's a book spoiler though, so much as a replacement for Stoneheart turning Brienne against Jaime.
Yeah I'm also guessing that Theon will try to kill Ramsay, maybe Jon will come in and save the day

mantidor

Urgh I hate I cannot stop spoiling myself.

I fear hacky writing and gratuitous shock value for the sake of it. Well, lets hope for the best.

Iksenpets

Banned
Ramsay STAY WINNING

edit:
Might be Stannis and his Wife?

I can't imagine it would be that. They have to be long rotted by this point. My first guess would be Rickon. They're not going to kill Sansa, so Rickon would be the strongest gut punch they could take directly at Jon. Second cross could either be Shaggydog, as salt in the wound, or maybe Davos, if Davos ends up involved in the Rickon rescue and gets captured along with him. Alternatively, Jon's army seems to be mostly wildling, so maybe Tormund, as a taunt to them, but I can't imagine what situation could get him captured. Maybe Dolorous Edd, as Jon's one remaining Watch friend, but I'm not sure the audience would really feel that as harshly as some of the others.

I can't imagine it would be that. They have to be long rotted by this point. My first guess would be Rickon. They're not going to kill Sansa, so Rickon would be the strongest gut punch they could take directly at Jon. Second cross could either be Shaggydog, as salt in the wound, or maybe Davos, if Davos ends up involved in the Rickon rescue and gets captured along with him. Alternatively, Jon's army seems to be mostly wildling, so maybe Tormund, as a taunt to them, but I can't imagine what situation could get him captured. Maybe Dolorous Edd, as Jon's one remaining Watch friend, but I'm not sure the audience would really feel that as harshly as some of the others.

Osha and Theon

That third one...whaaaaaaa

I hope I didn't read a major spoiler.

Then again it could be
a fake out like the Manderlys in TWOW

It has to be the betrayal angle. The Umbers have Rickon in the show. They are 100% with the Starks.

I know the Karstarks are probably still salty about the beheading.

mantidor

If the battle is wildling vs north I guess the characters in display would be wildlings that they captured. Rickon is possible but the wildlings are barely aware of him, and Osha is basically unknown from that side, so why display them? just to get Jon? who doesn't even knows about Osha?

You know... I actually don't care, the Boltons got such a free pass last season that any victory on them will seem hollow, and whatever characters they kill will be just the usual dose of gratuitous violence.

NSESN

If
Ramsay kills Davos i will stop watching the series, enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom