• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Now they're stuck drawing from a bullet point list of where characters are planned to end up and having to fill in the details. Those are some pretty difficult constraints and I doubt that's what they wanted.

Yup, it's hard writing a story from scratch. And yet, there are so many people who give Martin a hard time because it takes him a while to create this incredible world.

Speevy

Banned
Pretty big spoiler predictions based on pic:
Marg, Kevan, and Mace all at the Sept. Don't see any of then escaping. Kevan being in the Sept also probably means Pycelle is the one the little kids are killing in the trailer.

Mace walks out completely unhurt. People start bowing to him.

"What does this mean?"

CloudWolf

Marg, Kevan, and Mace all at the Sept. Don't see any of then escaping. Kevan being in the Sept also probably means Pycelle is the one the little kids are killing in the trailer.

Margaery and Mace dying would legitimately make me upset.

Quidam

What do you reckon will be the cause of what you're predicting?
Wildfire, the Faith Militant, the Mountain, or something else?

CloudWolf

Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor with Wildfire seems very likely considering her conversation with Qyburn two episodes ago.

Speevy

Banned

The show is hinting pretty obviously that
Wildfire will play a part in the final episode. There's Bran's visions as well as numerous references to it.

Kwhit10

Dany had a vision in the HOTU (show version) where she walks through the throne room that has a seven pointed star above the thrown and it's either snowing or ashes are falling. Most likely will be ashes.

Black_Sun

This.

My wife hates fantasy but GoT hooked her from the first season. If only they made things less entertaining for the masses and only catered to us book nerds, I'm sure the show would still be in season 6 and successful ... #lazywriters

Is being entertaining and well-written too much to ask for?

I don't even need everything from the books. I just want some logic in the show and to honor the spirit of the books. That's all I actually want.

Black_Sun

Ros was a better character than show Shae.

I would've been okay with it if Ros had been the show's version of Shae.

But she ended up just being a flat character to see much more interesting characters talk to and flash her tits.

I suppose that's also Shae (but even Shae had more depth) but I only need one of those not two.

And then they used her for a shocking death. CHAOSH IS A LADDAH

Cromwell

Banned
This.

My wife hates fantasy but GoT hooked her from the first season. If only they made things less entertaining for the masses and only catered to us book nerds, I'm sure the show would still be in season 6 and successful ... #lazywriters

Why is it binary with you people? Making the show more intelligent or nuanced doesn't mean it would have to be less entertaining.

Black_Sun

Dany had a vision in the HOTU (show version) where she walks through the throne room that has a seven pointed star above the thrown and it's either snowing or ashes are falling. Most likely will be ashes.

Definitely snow.

"Snow" is on the throne when she walks in

There's also a blue rose( R+L=J) behind the Iron Throne in that vision too

I used to give the show shit for their version of the HOTU but it's not bad

Iksenpets

Banned
Margaery and Mace dying would legitimately make me upset.

This season was so light on Margaery, it'll feel kind of anticlimactic to lose her here. Also if this pans out, them sending Olenna away earlier in the season totally seems like a way of getting her and the Tyrell army away so Varys can get her onto Team Dany. I would imagine if Marg and Loras and Mace are all dead, there'd really be nothing holding her back from sending the Tyrell army against Cersei.

Let's not forget Tommen is supposed to die (Cersei's prophecy) at some point, maybe she will beat the religious nuts with fire or swords, but in the chaos, she will provoke his death.

Iksenpets

Banned
Let's not forget Tommen is supposed to die (Cersei's prophecy) at some point, maybe she will beat the religious nuts with fire or swords, but in the chaos, she will provoke his death.

I would totally bet on that happening. I think by the end of this episode our cast of named King's Landing characters could be down to just Cersei, and maybe Qyburn and the Mountain.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, if this KL and Frey stuff happens like some are thinking, who is left that was somewhat a leader from before?

North: Civil War might have just ended, shitload of people dead.
Riverlands: Non stop war on top of whatever happens to the Freys.
Reach: Olenna as the BTS leader?
Dorne: ShowDorne is lead by some lady Oberyn had kids with.
Westerlands: Who the fuck knows, place might as well not exist.
Stormlands: Does anyone live here anymore, or are they all dead from losing battles?
Vale: LittleFinger by Proxy
Iron Islands: Still looking for those trees.

LittleFinger pretty much has it in the bag, right?

Cromwell

Banned
Eh who again? Name doesn't ring a bell

giphy.gif

I mean, if this KL and Frey stuff happens like some are thinking, who is left that was somewhat a leader from before?

North: Civil War might have just ended, shitload of people dead.
Riverlands: Non stop war on top of whatever happens to the Freys.
Dorne: ShowDorne is lead by some lady Oberyn had kids with.
Westerlands: Who the fuck knows, place might as well not exist.
Stormlands: Does anyone live here anymore, or are they all dead from losing battles?
Vale: LittleFinger by Proxy
Iron Islands: Still looking for those trees.

the littlest of fingers have the sharpest nails

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Every Kings Landing character whose names aren't Cersei or Qyburn are dying Sunday. That's why they purposely chased Olenna out so that she'd actually survive next season.

Margy and Tommen will be our big deaths for the season, just like how Stannis was sacrificed to the God of Surprising Deaths last season.

Cromwell

Banned
Every Kings Landing character whose names aren't Cersei or Qyburn are dying Sunday. That's why they purposely chased Olenna out so that she'd actually survive next season.

Margy and Tommen will be our big deaths for the season, just like how Stannis was sacrificed to the God of Surprising Deaths last season.

Walder Frey is also dying but only the hardcore even know who the fuck he is.

Lonestar

Dany has wasted her time, building up an impressive army, ships, and 3 dragons. She's going to come rushing to shore, looking to start The War, only to find...
dads_army.jpg

I'm curious of Jaime and King's Landing/Bolton army will go to fight for control of the North. Seems like it won't be necessary. I expect that with Winterfell claimed the Starks will amass their forces again, let the wildlings settle, and maybe go get revenge on the betraying forces.

Also turn over Winterfell to that scary looking girl riding the horse.

Lonestar

I'm curious of Jaime and King's Landing/Bolton army will go to fight for control of the North. Seems like it won't be necessary. I expect that with Winterfell claimed the Starks will amass their forces again, let the wildlings settle, and maybe go get revenge on the betraying forces.

What I think will happen (FOR DRAMA!) will be what The North's next step should be. Sansa will want to work on going south for revenge and Jon will want to work on getting as many people (even enemies) to realize what's coming, that everyone is required to even have a chance.

That, plus the whole "lack of trust" thing that has to happen after TBOTB, will probably cause something to happen.

jerry113

Banned
Ok so everyone think that the rumor that Cersei ordered Qyburn to investigate are the caches of wildfire buried underneath King's Landing.

But back in season 2, the show had already established that Cersei knew about the wildfire and in fact commissioned the pyromancers to make more to burn Stannis' fleet at Blackwater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gaOlGXBVIo&t=2m14s

Are the writers forgetting this? Or is the rumor something else?

Yeah i really do hope that Jon and the Wildlings didn't forget about the scary looking ice zombies trying to climb over the wall, and go warn as many people as they can of what's coming.

But I expect many fat pampered lords "LAWL NO SUCH THINGS"

blackjaw

Why is it binary with you people? Making the show more intelligent or nuanced doesn't mean it would have to be less entertaining.

dude I love the books as much as the next nerd and roll my eyes or complain about certain large plot points (Jaimes redemption is one of them)...but you jokers take complaining to a new level

dabig2

If KL starts to burn, no way can Jaime muster his forces to go North when all that shit is going down in the South. If Marg, Loras, and Mace bite it, you can kiss the Lannister/Tyrell alliance bye and we'll likely see all out war between the Lannisters/Freys and everyone else. Not to mention if Tommen dies then no "legitimate" king to order anything.

You're forgetting someone:
31-got-007.w529.h352.jpg

Randall Tarly will finally crawl out of show prison and put that WORK in. The Tarlys are sworn to Tyrells, but they haven't really involved their forces yet and with the Blackfish now dead; he's the last legitimate oldschool badass commander left the show has to work with.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Walder Frey is also dying but only the hardcore even know who the fuck he is.
Probably. The show's pretty committed to ending every plot that's not directly connected to Jon or Dany. Which is a shame because there's a really cool plot hidden there where Arya and the Brotherhood fight to take out the Freys. Instead she's gonna teleport there tomorrow and kill off Walder with relative ease, making us all wonder why no one bothered to kill him for the last three seasons. But alas it'll be all to show us that she actually learned something these last two seasons.

Brotherhood's probably fucked too if they don't find Jon soon.

Lonestar

Ok so everyone think that the rumor that Cersei ordered Qyburn to investigate are the caches of wildfire buried underneath King's Landing.

But back in season 2, the show had already established that Cersei knew about the wildfire and in fact commissioned the pyromancers to make more to burn Stannis' fleet at Blackwater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gaOlGXBVIo&t=2m14s

Are the writers forgetting this? Or is the rumor something else?

Always took this that she knew of Wildfire existing (as generally alot of people did), and wanted the Pyromancer's to make it to defend the city (City had less guards to defend, so using a deadly weapon to bolster the defense would make sense).

So, the Pyromancer's made some wildfire, they didn't go grab the old supply of wildfire, which may have been a rumor.

Trying to remember, when was it stated in the show first, that Wildfire under KL existed? Was it Jaime talking to Brienne in the baths? Did Tyrion actually mention this fact ever?

If KL starts to burn, no way can Jaime muster his forces to go North when all that shit is going down in the South. If Marg, Loras, and Mace bite it, you can kiss the Lannister/Tyrell alliance bye and we'll likely see all out war between the Lannisters/Freys and everyone else. Not to mention if Tommen dies then no "legitimate" king to order anything.

You're forgetting someone:
31-got-007.w529.h352.jpg

Randall Tarly will finally crawl out of show prison and put that WORK in. The Tarlys are sworn to Tyrells, but they haven't really involved their forces yet and with the Blackfish now dead; he's the last legitimate oldschool badass commander left the show has to work with.
Well, I thought of him, but he's like an "underboss." I could have thrown out Royce at the Vale, or Howland Reed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom