• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ghost will mate with one of the dragons and we'll have full grown dragon/wolves next season

Scaly wolves with wings that can breath fire.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Ghost will mate with one of the dragons and we'll have full grown dragon/wolves next season

Scaly wolves with wings that can breath fire.

ShrekTheThird-DonkeysBabyDronkeys.gif

The wait...is ogre.

Will Viserion breath regular 'ol fire, do we think? I don't know why the mechanics of that part of a dragon would change but I expect it will. Maybe he'll breath ice, like a big lizard-shaped slush machine.

I mean, fire automatically sends Wights up into a blaze, so he'd have one good breath of fire in him before he explodes and crumbles.

Brakke

Banned
As much as "tits and dragons" is a meme, sex scenes have been sparse for a while now. We had Missy and the Worm but other than that, how much bonin' has there been lately?

Yup, this. Who cares about how fast ravens and dragons fly, that shit is for the birds (pun intended). But Gendry's run plus the fact that they somehow didn't freeze to death when being north of the wall, completely surrounded and exposed to the elements, was enough to make anyone, not just the regular show naysayers, go "hang on a minute". There's a million ways to write it more plausibly, too - they could've had a cage of ravens with them like Sam did in ACOK. They could've been holed up some place that it would be a little bit less unlikely that they didn't freeze to death. But it was just an avalanche (pun intended, again) of things that completely defy suspension of disbelief.

Even like... this would've been a fine time to bring Bran into relevance. We literally have a method of instaneous communication now. Watch the battle on the lake through a bird, then transmit the message to Dragonstone by warging a person. Accomplishes what we need and also puts some sinister undercurrent into the whole thing.

I dunno, maybe they don't wanna take Bran in that direction but if you're going to do a thing that's basically magic, why not use the actual magic you have already established?

SteveWD40

My money is on the wall falling.

I assumed (still do I guess) that Bran's mark from the NK was going to be what took the wall down, what with it supposedly being magical in nature.

Could a Dragon even make a dent in The Wall? it's a continent spanning solid wall of ice the height and thickness of a mountain. I don't think the Dragons are nearly big enough to smash it or melt it.

JakeD

I dunno, maybe they don't wanna take Bran in that direction but if you're going to do a thing that's basically magic, why not use the actual magic you have already established?

would also lend some serious evidence to the bran=NK theory. he's been MIA but suddenly very proactive in a series of events that leads to the NK getting a dragon.

They even could have fixed some of the timeline problems by having Dany already be at the wall. Just have her say early on that she feels like she has to see the that for herself some time after Jon leaves and she was already on her way or some shit. I'm also annoyed that a raven can get down south in apparently minutes, but Jon is just too busy to spend 10 seconds to send word to Sansa about what he's doing. Bleh.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
As much as "tits and dragons" is a meme, sex scenes have been sparse for a while now. We had Missy and the Worm but other than that, how much bonin' has there been lately?

the balance between tits and dragons is completely out of whack. that's why people feel the quality of the show has dropped.

Randdalf

I just caught up with the last two episodes - that whole annulment thing seemed pretty important? I wonder if that undragon will shoot ice instead of fire...

Also I'm loving the camera work in these battle scenes.

- 10.2M viewers for the first run airing on Sunday, which is the 2nd highest ever for a GoT episode

TVbtN said:
”Game of Thrones" came down a little from the previous week's series highs but was still the biggest thing on TV Sunday by far. It drew a 4.7 in adults 18-49 (vs. 5.0 the prior week) and 10.24 million viewers (down from 10.72 million).
More details from EW on this season:
If you include repeats and streaming, ”Beyond the Wall" is already up to 14.2 million viewers across all platforms. And GoT episodes from earlier in this season are averaging around 29 million viewers once all forms of viewing are counted — and that's only in the United States; the show is a major hit overseas as well.

Gigglepoo

A Cast of Kings pointed out that Arya had spent a season being Tywin's cupbearer. That girl is queen hypocrite! Doesn't she even lament the fact that she could have killed Tyrion (using Jaqen) but instead focused on petty grievances? She really is the worst now.

*Thanks demosthenes!

EDIT -- Linked to A Cast of King's podcast page.

fanboi

Banned
Cast of Kings pointed out that Arya had spent a season being Tywin's cupbearer. That girl is queen hypocrite! Doesn't she even lament the fact that she could have killed Tyrion (using Jaqen) but instead focused on petty grievances? She really is the worst now.

*Thanks demosthenes!

Clash*

Gigglepoo

Are those videos online of the pommel on Jon's sword opening it's eyes when Jon comes up out of the water real?

I just re-watched the episode and... I don't know? It actually does look like it opens its eye but it could just be water from Jon splashing. It's at the 56:55 minute mark if anyone else wants to check.

dabig2

If the dragon is the night's king's method of getting past the wall, people south of the wall were literally better of doing fuck all and just disregarding it.

Yeah, hopefully they show goes in on them for this. I also think it's dumb that they weren't considering the possibility of an undead dragon in the future at the end of the episode. They should've been way more worried about that. We better get some dialog about this next week.

Or maybe they didn't think that the NK would pull giant chains out of his ass to raise the dragon out of the lake.

Even like... this would've been a fine time to bring Bran into relevance. We literally have a method of instaneous communication now. Watch the battle on the lake through a bird, then transmit the message to Dragonstone by warging a person. Accomplishes what we need and also puts some sinister undercurrent into the whole thing.

Warging a human is hard, especially one that's not Hodor. It'd be better if they kept to Bran warging ravens, but had them speaking a bit now since he's been leveling up. Just have him warg into a raven at dragonstone and have the bird going ballistic around Dany shouting "Help!" "King in the North" over and over again and then have it fly straight north.

And no Gendry run because Bran would have sent a raven or two to accompany the fellowship, with Jon knowing that it has to be Bran so he had them covered in case shit goes south. Would have meant a lot since it shows Jon putting a lot of trust in his family and also giving Bran something to do and you still wouldn't even need to show the actor in the episode. We could've had several of the fellowship doubting that Jon's brother got the word out or even doubting that Bran was even with them.

oh wait next season isn't even 7 episodes? lol

well since they haven't begun filming hopefully they add at least one more ep, budget be damned

they're gonna have to wrap up a shitton of stuff in 6 episodes without making it feel rushed as hell

A Cast of Kings pointed out that Arya had spent a season being Tywin's cupbearer. That girl is queen hypocrite! Doesn't she even lament the fact that she could have killed Tyrion (using Jaqen) but instead focused on petty grievances? She really is the worst now.

*Thanks demosthenes!

EDIT -- Linked to A Cast of King's podcast page.

Pretty sure she is just scheming something up. She did mention she wanted to play a game of faces with Sansa, and I'm pretty sure she was the one lying about never serving the Lannisters and etc. I hope I'm not being to hopeful about this, thought she was scheming when she got stabbed by the waif last season and it just turned out she was being dumb.

Gigglepoo

Pretty sure she is just scheming something up. She did mention she wanted to play a game of faces with Sansa, and I'm pretty sure she was the one lying about never serving the Lannisters and etc. I hope I'm not being to hopeful about this, thought she was scheming when she got stabbed by the waif last season and it just turned out she was being dumb.

How many times have we come up with theories the last few seasons only for the simplest explanation to be true? Like when we thought The Hound's "arrowhead mountain" vision might refer to his brother only to see last episode that there's a mountain that looks like an arrowhead (like all mountains).

You may be right. Arya and Sansa might be playing a long con for reasons. But the show doesn't really lay traps like that anymore. I guess we'll see soon enough!

oh wait next season isn't even 7 episodes? lol

well since they haven't begun filming hopefully they add at least one more ep, budget be damned

they're gonna have to wrap up a shitton of stuff in 6 episodes without making it feel rushed as hell

They've suggested that we will likely see some long runtimes for those 6 episodes, with some of them encroaching upon feature length. Not nailed down in stone yet, but there's a chance that S8 might end up having more total runtime than S7.

How many times have we come up with theories the last few seasons only for the simplest explanation to be true? Like when we thought The Hound's "arrowhead mountain" vision might refer to his brother only to see last episode that there's a mountain that looks like an arrowhead (like all mountains).

You may be right. Arya and Sansa might be playing a long con for reasons. But the show doesn't really lay traps like that anymore. I guess we'll see soon enough!

That's true enough, I can hope though! It's just the whole storyline with Arya and Sansa just seems too stupid otherwise. Surely Arya has learned something in all that training, but then again I feel like I can never trust her ability to plan after last season.

duckroll

Yeah I remember playing this game last season. No way Arya is that dumb. She couldn't have just gotten stabbed in the middle of the open, bled all over, and somehow survive. It has to be a trick! She's playing the waif! It's a con!

..........Wait no she really just got stabbed because she was drawing attention to herself for no reason, and she really did survive because of plot armor, and then she proceeds to beat the waif because... the story needed her to. There was no con. No trick. Just bad writing!

TWoW 2018.

Words are wind, where whores go. All will be revealed.

On a serious note, i don't know when it will release but the conclusion to dance and the preview chapters have me HYPED.

Please George.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah I remember playing this game last season. No way Arya is that dumb. She couldn't have just gotten stabbed in the middle of the open, bled all over, and somehow survive. It has to be a trick! She's playing the waif! It's a con!

..........Wait no she really just got stabbed because she was drawing attention to herself for no reason, and she really did survive because of plot armor, and then she proceeds to beat the waif because... the story needed her to. There was no con. No trick. Just bad writing!
Oh there is a con but it's on the viewers. dohohoho

Aiii

So not worth it
TWoW 2018.

Words are wind, where whores go. All will be revealed.

On a serious note, i don't know when it will release but the conclusion to dance and the preview chapters have me HYPED.

Please George.

Yeah he already pretty much said it won’t be 2018, but you can buy his lore book that he was writing while definitely not working on the actual main series.

Yeah he already pretty much said it won’t be 2018, but you can buy his lore book that he was writing while definitely not working on the actual main series.

I thought he said he was hoping for us to read two books in the universe next year? Isn't the targaryan book a collaborative effort with other writers?

Top Bottom