• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 ≼|℧T|≽ Xenos Saga 2

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Beat the campaign last night. Fucking epic. Some of the coolest scenes I have came across in 40 years of gaming.
Game's epic as fuck. That part near the beggining when you blow up a giant tyranid ship and all that's left is a fuckton of blood and a hole in the sky... left me with my mouth open. :goog_relieved:

Frexerik88

Neo Member
Ended up getting the early access as i had a weekend without any plans and was surprised how much ive loved it.
Was initially a bit worried, but the gameplay instantly clicked with me, so god damn satisfying!!

Was also surprised with the difficulty, you often feel like you are right on the edge of being overrun which ended up being extremely compelling for me.
Played 20 hours so far and have not even begun to dive into the PVP.

Got some friends getting the game this week that i will play with so i cant wait to get back in there!!

So far its GOTY for me, this game is just pure FUN.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I also finished the solo campaign yesterday.
I really liked the ending levels. It made me feel like an Ultramarine and I don’t know much beyond their aesthetic. Kinda stinks that stuff is locked behind PvP. I would have made the campaign unlock a lot more customization. They could have done a couple things to add to the experience. It’s oozing with atmosphere at times. I would have had more enemy types and more surprises like the late reveal did. I feel like they could add more enemy types to the campaign with DLC. It feels like this universe has a lot of different races and powerful tools of destruction. While we saw a handful of enemy varieties, they could have added more especially with the additional equipment at the end. I would love this type of game if it was open world and had a lot of customizable armor and weapons.

Last edited:
Game is awesome so far
95n8HEh.png
What FPS overlay is that? Looks very slick.

Kabelly

never played this before and saw some gameplay. looks bad ass. i might have to dive in but im literally swimming in games right now.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
You never got into Warhammer 40K? GoW is like Rated E for Everyone compared to space nazis.
Well i tried watching some vague history of warhammer 40k.

Chaos realm fast travel.. shit.
I think the movie event horizon is based om this lore..

Oh and extra organs etc.
Fuck it i will prolly buy it

Played through the first full mission yesterday. Game is just about everything I could have wanted gameplay wise. And the story, setting, and lore are drawing me in more than expected.

A couple bummer complaints because it could easily be a 10/10 for me if these were fixed:

The sound mixing is quite bad. My headset volume is up loud, the game is loud. But the giant guns I am shooting sound muffled and far away. Feels good to shoot with the dualsense, and the guns are fun in general but would be so much better if it made you eardrums ring every time. Some other places where sound just doesn't seem great. IDK if it was just made mediocre from the start, or if they can just turn up some knob. But get my guns and melee weapons sounding louder!

PS5 performance is pretty ass, and I'm not one who notices that stuff often. I was dumb to get it on PS5 for console crossplay reasons. PC was the way to go, may double dip at some point, especially if progress carries over.

The melee kind of feels awkward. Like bad response time or something. Maybe it is related to the performance, but wish is was a bit crunchier and less floaty.

Very fun game though, can't wait to kill more aliens.

Oh yea, and Orks were more fun to fight than these hive mind guys. Kind of want the first game remade to look this good.

TheMan

Yeah, had a chance to play for 45 mins last night but I was just too tired to play more. So far, I do agree with complaints about the clunkiness of melee. Timing for counters in particular is weird and hard to focus on when you’re getting attacked from multiple angles by the fodder enemies

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just trying to understand why 30fps is fine on controllers but not on mouse+kb.
Isn't it obvious? Cuz of the much smoother camera movement and controls - I can't imagine playing any game at 30 with M+KB.
I mean, unless you have crappy hands, playing FPS / TPS games on a controller is fine if not good, depending on a game of course.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Isn't it obvious? Cuz of the much smoother camera movement and controls - I can't imagine playing any game at 30 with M+KB.
I mean, unless you have crappy hands, playing FPS / TPS games on a controller is fine if not good, depending on a game of course.
How is it fine if the camera movement and controls/lag is not smooth the same as it is not with mouse+kb???

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Call me crazy but imo there's nothing wrong in prefering gamepad to M&KB for this game, since it's more of a beat'em'up than an actual shooter.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Can I play it if I know nothing about 40K and didn't play the first one?
Yes, definitely.

Though I highly suggest watching one or two of these Bricky videos.

They're highly entertaining and explain a LOT and will give you much better context.

EDIT: Also, half the people that have traversed the threshold of my home were forced to watch this CGI fan movie. It's fucking amazing.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Call me crazy but imo there's nothing wrong in prefering gamepad to M&KB for this game, since it's more of a beat'em'up than an actual shooter.
Never was nothing wrong with preferences. But the game being more beat'em up that shooter is up to the player.

You won't know unless you try it. I've nothing more to say. To each their own.
I already tried. The same input lag is there for both "methods".

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Never was nothing wrong with preferences. But the game being more beat'em up that shooter is up to the player.
Not really! Engaging with the melee is the main way of healing in this game, specially as a way to quickly get your armor back.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Not really! Engaging with the melee is the main way of healing in this game, specially as a way to quickly get your armor back.
I know, but I think you can shoot and "run back" all the time. I didn't tried yet to see if is really possible, but I believe you can shoot more than "melee more".

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I know, but I think you can shoot and "run back" all the time. I didn't tried yet to see if is really possible.
Not really imo, the enemy numbers are too overwhelming for that kind of thing to work, plus the non-shitty tyranids are resistant to bullets.

Meanwhile you could do a melee combo of light attack, light attack, heavy attack and bam, 20 tyranid corpses are flying over the place.

Had it crash on me, but it was a driver timeout, so I checked the release notes for the latest driver 24.8.1 and it does say this:
Intermittent driver timeout or application crash while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2. We recommend users experiencing this issue to install our new driver, available HERE.
Since my driver is much older than this one, I guess it's just an issue for any before the new optional driver.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Man just finished it, Im in love. I need more...

I finished the campaign last night, that was one of the most epic final sequences I've played in a looooooong time. I wanted to like jump out of my chair fist pumping lol. That epic last stand with the chapter banner, then Chapter Master showing up and wrecking everyone, that fucking dreadnaught just absolutely cooking everything lol. When that dreadnaught first showed up I was like "That was a badass entrance... but Im sure hes about to get taken out by something big in a second were gonna have to fight, that kinda sucks." Then he just proceeds to wreck the whole map and one shots that dragon thing while talking shit the whole time lmao. Then marching into the final battle with that huge column of Ultramarines and tanks. Then finally killing the chaos sorc and getting that badass helmet and even the Leandros reveal. Titus getting to say his bro goodbyes to Gadriel and Chairon. Absolutely 10/10 epic finale through and through.

I played through on Veteran, it was definitely tough but doable once I kinda got the combat figured. I might run through the campaign again on normal, remove the hud, and just do a power fantasy run soaking up the epic moments again.

Last edited:
Stepping back down to normal now feels like it's undertuned a bit, in general; like normal is a bit too easy, but then veteran aims to completely buttfuck you at every possible chance.
That being said, the balance in encounters is off, the ones where you have to protect something while these flying ballsacks and snipers shoot green shit at you non stop can go suck a dick.

Anybody knows how to invite people from other platforms in crossplay?
Use the code the game gives you?

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I hope this is a sign that we'll get bigger and better Warhammer games in the future. I'm new to this universe, but damn is it interesting.
I'd like to see some Space Hulk inspired maps. Some fun "fight your way from point A to Z" through randomly spawning hordes across procedurally generated (or maybe randomly assembled set pieces) maps could be endless fun.

TintoConCasera

Really hate when you get shot multiple times and the scree turns all green for a period of time that feels way too long. Dunno who could think this is a fun mechanic, fuck it.

Last edited:
2 million copies sold already, damn!

Totally deserved.

Legit impressed, it's quite hilarious we got so bad with the "modern audience" games that a well made Third Person shooter is curb stomping a lot of new releases.
It's also funny that if anyone tries to claim that this game is diverse you can just point to the two other side characters :D

The AI companion in this game is so bad. The antenna mission is hard af if you played solo. Pretty sure the one after that is the same but gladly my friend joined in.
Play the game with co-op is much much much better.

TintoConCasera

Fuck always online games.

I was playing normally, in single-player. Crushing the xenos and having a lot of fun. Decide to pause the game to check on GAF and, 5 minutes later, the game tells me it's been disconnected of the server and asks me if I want to exit to the menu or keep playing offline. I choose the later, but instead of actually continuing, it sends me back to the last checkpoint, right before a boss I had already beaten.

Fuck this shit man, game's amazing but single-player games should never force this kind of crap on the player.

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna shelve this for a bit until amd releases the 24.9.1 driver officially; had another crash, but this one fully rebooted my pc instead of just the driver.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This game is awesome, fucking manly as fuck.

The atenna mission solo is damn hard, ive died about 20 times on Veteran.

Last edited:
Was going to wait for a sale but I got this as an add on with a new CPU I just bought so I’m stoked to play. I feel like the warhammer 40k lore is slowly creeping into my brain and the more I learn the cooler it is.

Romulus

Thank God we've moved away from this woke bullshit for once. And what do you know? People love it.

Wish more studios would remove the pink haired soul suckers. They only understand destruction of creativity and franchises like this.

Top Bottom