• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 ≼|℧T|≽ Xenos Saga 2

LukeAJN

Thank God we've moved away from this woke bullshit for once. And what do you know? People love it.

Wish more studios would remove the pink haired soul suckers. They only understand destruction of creativity and franchises like this.
Cringe response to the game tbh, just play the fucking game if you like it like the rest of us

Eszti

Banned
Devs meesed this one up on playstation the series x is often over 20% sometimes even much more faster in a cpu limited scenario. would be ineterested what the issue is. it would make sense gpu wise but not cpu wise.

Devs meesed this one up on playstation the series x is often over 20% sometimes even much more faster in a cpu limited scenario. would be ineterested what the issue is. it would make sense gpu wise but not cpu wise.
Isn't the xsx cpu clocked higher? This game is pulling as much cpu speed as possible on pc.

Eszti

Banned
i dont know but clocks alone would never do this much difference. there is much more to a cpu than just clockspeed. if you run it at 4ghz or 3.5ghz is almost irrelevant you wont feel the difference and it would be not even 10%. there is something going on or they simply didnt have enough time til launch

i dont know but clocks alone would never do this much difference. there is much more to a cpu than just clockspeed. if you run it at 4ghz or 3.5ghz is almost irrelevant you wont feel the difference and it would be not even 10%. there is something going on or they simply didnt have enough time til launch
This is not true, people are disabling boost on pc to keep the temperatures low, which makes it drop nearly 20 frames in some cases.

Just wanted to say that if you're the kind of PvP player that uses the grapple constantly to stun kick, know that I get a huge kick out of fragging you.

I really hope they increase the cool downs on some of the equipment...

Eszti

Banned
This is not true, people are disabling boost on pc to keep the temperatures low, which makes it drop nearly 20 frames in some cases.
this is a no no with no numbers dont waste my time if you talk with me. disabling boost is something different then reducing by a few hundred mhz and not every game reacts the same to clock speeds or and latency or ram speed.

if you have to disbale boost your cooling solution simply sucks. its much more efficient to limit ppt, undervolt or a combination. depending on manufacturer and generation you are working with.

this is a no no with no numbers dont waste my time if you talk with me. disabling boost is something different then reducing by a few hundred mhz and not every game reacts the same to clock speeds or and latency or ram speed.

if you have to disbale boost your cooling solution simply sucks. its much more efficient to limit ppt, undervolt or a combination. depending on manufacturer and generation you are working with.
Your post is silly, 3.5ghz to 4ghz is 500mhz increase, a i9 109k for example goes from 3.7ghz to 4.8ghz all cores boost, that's 1100mhz; somehow a drop of 1100mhz means a possible drop of 20+ frames, but, a drop of 500mhz is:
almost irrelevant you wont feel the difference
I guess the frames only start dropping from 600mhz and higher than.

And if you actually read around a little, you'd see that this game is pushing cpu temps to the max regardless of cooling solutions

Mossybrew

Well that was a satisfying campaign. The sense of scale and amount of detail on some of these levels is super impressive, often I would just want to linger and look around and try to soak it all in. I think my only complaint is the difficulty - Normal was just a bit too easy and Veteran was too frustrating, I wish there was some happy medium between the two. Anyway looking forward to diving into Operations.

Greetings Space Marines!

A small hotfix has just been pushed on PC and consoles. Read the patch notes below for the details:

Patch Notes

Crashes and bug fixes

• Fixed some rare possible crashes when starting the game
  • Fixed a rare possible crash that occured during the first cutscene
  • Fixed several other rare crashes
  • Fixed several rare bugs that were causing soft locks in the story mode

PC Only

• Optimized CPU behavior on high end CPUs

On top of that first quick fix, we're preparing a bigger patch for later in September. This patch will bring, among other things:
  • Ultrawide support
  • Private PvE lobbies
  • Sparring Arena in the Battle Barge

Let's see if this game is still gonna crash for me after this update; I can live with a driver timeout, but a full reboot is a no go.
Let's see what the cpu usage is gonna be like now.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game don't look that bad either.

OzPitpO.jpeg

oPeLauR.jpeg

PanzerCute

The game don't look that bad either.

OzPitpO.jpeg

oPeLauR.jpeg
I found the game "average" in terms of graphics on the first planet, but amazing after that.

And there is so much shit going on all the time, really awe inspiring!

I am now deep in operations mode and there is a huge difficulty gap between the 2nd and 3rd mode. I can only play with randoms as none of my friends play the game, so I guess it will be pretty tough.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
"Words as hollow as your fallen brothers" :goog_relieved:

Finally met with Chaos cucks, gotta say they are much more fun to fight against than in the first game, plus their egyptian looks are very cool imo.

The game has finally clicked with me, playing on Veteran and not dying as much as in the beggining. Having more fun the more I progress through the game, plus the story is finally getting interesting.

The patch significantly reduces CPU load on pc.
Managed to play quite a bit, but I got hit by another display driver timeout, honestly not that bad as long as the entire pc doesn't crash like before.
Will probably have to wait till 24.9.1 drivers release, but good and quick fix for the CPU.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Managed to play quite a bit, but I got hit by another display driver timeout, honestly not that bad as long as the entire pc doesn't crash like before.
Will probably have to wait till 24.9.1 drivers release, but good and quick fix for the CPU.
Hopefully this means better (more consistent) frame rates soon for the console versions.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The Operations missions are fucking hard. Much harder than anything in the campaign so far.

xVodevil

Yeah wow 7800X3D here, temps dropped like 10°C from around 82 to 72, though didn't notice other difference that's kinda wild.

GinSama

Even t
Can't afford to jump in this month, so I grabbed SM1 Anniversary last night, it's on sale for AUD$18

Gonna blast through on my Steam Deck and then jump into SM2 next month. Very excited!
Even the first one is pretty epic, played loads of it....just think that the first people didn't care that much, I think the fact that there is less and less games like this made the second one more famous....

Can't wait play the second one.

Zathalus

Thank God we've moved away from this woke bullshit for once. And what do you know? People love it.

Wish more studios would remove the pink haired soul suckers. They only understand destruction of creativity and franchises like this.
One of the Senior Writers on this game was trans and a “pink haired soul sucker”. Some people on the internet lost their damn minds when that came to light.

shubik

quick question for the solo players: I read a couple of times that the Campaign is designed with Co-op in mind. How much fun is the game solo?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
quick question for the solo players: I read a couple of times that the Campaign is designed with Co-op in mind. How much fun is the game solo?
It's fun.

I was a bit frustrated at first. There's a mechanic that allows your NPC bots to revive you when you die, and I thought this was too co-op focused and made the game kinda trivial, but it turns out this is quite limited to like 2 revives and then you die for good, so it's not that bad.

Aside from that, there's some sections that are way harder because of the bots, but they are doable solo. Just keep in mind that Veteran (hard) difficulty can get quite hard because of this.

Aside from those 2 things, the game is perfectly playable solo and very fun.

shubik

It's fun.

I was a bit frustrated at first. There's a mechanic that allows your NPC bots to revive you when you die, and I thought this was too co-op focused and made the game kinda trivial, but it turns out this is quite limited to like 2 revives and then you die for good, so it's not that bad.

Aside from that, there's some sections that are way harder because of the bots, but they are doable solo. Just keep in mind that Veteran (hard) difficulty can get quite hard because of this.

Appreciate the info!

For anybody that has finished the campaign, is it right what I'm hearing in reviews that the main campaign can be finished in 6 hours?

I'm struggling to justify paying full price for this with a campaign that short
pretty much depending on what diff you playing on. Looks like they planning on rolling out DLC over the years for this similar to vermin-tide had.

Bartski

Gold Member
It's fun.

Seems like you can tell bots which targets to attack by marking, and then going to mp „dialog menu” 2nd page. I have no idea if it works

Top Bottom