• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I've maxed out Ayane's DLC weapon and it's attack power is 46. Her one star is 63. Guess I'll stick to that one.

EYEL1NER

I downloaded the pack upon waking up this morning.
Hopefully I will get around to trying the maps out sometime tonight.

AWuIy.jpg

bsLb9.jpg

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Warriors_Orochi_3/DLC#Costume_Pack_20

So the non-Strikeforce DW characters have gotten their own 'Awakening' costumes. Dunno why Lian Shi got the catgirl treatment rather than Bao Sanniang.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Warriors_Orochi_3/DLC#Costume_Pack_21

Also some more costumes for a small number of Other characters.

The new costumes are pretty awesome.

With the Sima's clan obsession with wings, transformer Pang De, and Tron Zhong Hui, now we just gotta wait for them to finally release them.

The new costumes for the Orochi gang are decent-ish.

Double post, cause it's finally more DLC time in the west that's being released tomorrow!

STAGE PACK 3
New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield. In-game music and additional weapons are also included.

New stages:
"Animal Rescue" (Weapon available: Scratcher) Claws
"Stop, Thief!" (Weapon available: Shishkebab) Lance
"Domestic Disputes" (Weapon available: Soul Harvester) Great Axe
"Virtue's Burden" (Weapon available: Clean Sweeper) Spear
"Dong Zhuo's Ambition" (Weapon available: Takoyaki) Bombs

Additional music:
9 additional tracks will be available.
A WAYS AWAY - Dynasty Warriors 6
Heart of the Growth - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
MEMORIES - Dynasty Warriors 5
SPRING OF THE EAST - Dynasty Warriors 6
MY BAD FELLOW - Dynasty Warriors 4
THE WALL OF FATE - Dynasty Warriors 4
NIGHT RAID - Dynasty Warriors 6: Special
Lightning and Blitz -Okehazama- - Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
SACRED GROUND Ver.2 - Dynasty Warriors 3

BGM PACK 2
New music will be available for selection at previously cleared stages.

Additional music:
"ORIENT SPECTRA"
"FATAL STROKE"

DYNASTY COSTUME
New costumes will be available for selection for 47 characters. The new costumes are for some of the characters from "Wei", "Wu", "Shu", "Jin" and "Other 1".

WALLPAPERS 2
New wallpapers will be available for all 49 characters from "Wei", "Wu" and "Shu".

Source from the main site with DLC weapons and BGM tracks taken from KOEI wiki.
http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/orochi3/dlc/index.html

It looks like we'll getting DW4 costumes with Cao Pi, Ling Tong, Xing Cai, and Guan Ping's DW5 alternative colors as costume.

No idea about the wallpapers though. It might be multiple ones as the site shows Jiang Wei's DW5? costume and SSX's DW7 one.

EYEL1NER

Holy shit @ that Orochi costume! Was that from today's pack or a previous pack? I was just going through the gallery looking at the new costumes and saw it. I'm really digging it!

And man, I wish that the wallpaper packs were cheaper. But it's nice to get the costume packs for next to nothing, so I can't complain too much. Maybe one of these days the prices will drop for the DW7 packs (who am I kidding?).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So yeah, apparently sometime last week, Koei accidentally put up listings for future DLC, then pulled them. But someone at GameFAQs managed to copy the listings before they were pulled:

STAGE PACK 4
New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield. In-game music and additional weapons are also included.

New stages:
"Keiji's Theme" (Weapon available: Crooner)
"Lu Bu's Revenge" (Weapon available: Moptop)
"True Love" (Weapon available: Scooper)
"The Rescue of Da Ji" (Weapon available: Emerald Eminence)
"Every Snake Has Its Day" (Weapon available: Patrician Sword)
"Demons vs Mystics" (Weapon available: Squeaky Hammer)

Additional music:
10 additional tracks will be available.

STAGE PACK 5

New stages:
"Mystic Love"
"Reclusive Beauty"
"Champions' Challenge"
"Zhong Hui's Pride"
"Party Planners"

Additional music:

BGM PACK 3

How to use:
Select a stage that you have already cleared. At the loading screen, choose Select Music.

Additional music:
"SAMURAI SCANNERS"
"OPTIC LINE"

DYNASTY TRAD COSTUME
New costumes will be available for selection for 39 characters. The new costumes are for some of the characters from "Wei", "Wu", "Shu", "Jin" and "Other 1".

How to use:
At Select Team, choose any of the 39 characters and select Change Costume.

WALLPAPERS 3
New wallpapers will be available for all 40 characters from "Jin", "Other 1" and "Other 2".

How to use:
Select Wallpaper in the Gallery. Wallpaper for any of these characters that have been used in-game will be available to view, or to set as wallpaper.

If true, kinda shitty that we have to pay for Samurai Scanners and Optic Line, which Japan got for free in the 1.01 update. I really want Optic Line, too. =/

As for the current DLC, I'm loving the new stages. Way better than the last two packs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's not much, but there's 16 new WO3 avatars on PSN. Still just characters from the "Other" categories (the WO-exclusive characters). 49 cents each.

(There are also some new DW7 and DW Next avatars as well)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can one of you guys help me out? I downloaded this off of PSN a while back and can't get connectivity at all. Keep seeing all this DLC and stuff and really want to get in on it.

EYEL1NER

Can one of you guys help me out? I downloaded this off of PSN a while back and can't get connectivity at all. Keep seeing all this DLC and stuff and really want to get in on it.

Sorry, I have the Xbox version. So I am of no help. But maybe one of the PS3 players will see the topic and have some insight.

Are you trying to get the DLC from in-game itself through that online feature at the camp?

Yeah, that doesn't work one bit.

Try getting it from the PSN store.

blind51de

Banned
I looked through the DLC, not one pack contains the DW5 He Fei Castle theme "Dual NRG".
It is extremely good, and it's never been reused in any WO game. This frustrates me to no end.
I might buy the pack with Kotodama Runner, though.

I guess we are having monthly DLC packages till the end of time or probably when DW7E comes out.

But, yeah, new DLC time!

Coming out tomorrow, 07/17:

STAGE PACK 4

New stages:
"Keiji's Theme" (Weapon available: Crooner)
"Lu Bu's Revenge" (Weapon available: Moptop)
"True Love" (Weapon available: Scooper)
"The Rescue of Da Ji" (Weapon available: Emerald Eminence)
"Every Snake Has Its Day" (Weapon available: Patrician Sword)
"Demons vs Mystics" (Weapon available: Squeaky Hammer)

Additional music:
10 additional tracks will be available.

STAGE PACK 5
New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield. In-game music tracks are also included.

New stages:
"Mystic Love"
"Reclusive Beauty"
"Champions' Challenge"
"Zhong Hui's Pride"
"Party Planners"

Additional music:

BGM PACK 3

How to use:
Select a stage that you have already cleared. At the loading screen, choose Select Music.

Additional music:
"SAMURAI SCANNERS"
"OPTIC LINE"

DYNASTY TRAD COSTUME
New costumes will be available for selection for 39 characters. The new costumes are for some of the characters from "Wei", "Wu", "Shu", "Jin" and "Other 1".

How to use:
At Select Team, choose any of the 39 characters and select Change Costume.

WALLPAPERS 3
New wallpapers will be available for all 40 characters from "Jin", "Other 1" and "Other 2".

How to use:
Select Wallpaper in the Gallery. Wallpaper for any of these characters that have been used in-game will be available to view, or to set as wallpaper.

For tiny pictures and past DLC: http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/orochi3/dlc/index.html
More music is probably what I'm most looking forward to.

EYEL1NER

Well I was excited we were getting more DLC today. Not so much now that I have seen the price. 800 points or $10 for the two new stage packs and the costumes sucks.
I'm sure the people who have bought the tons of DW7 DLC won't have a problem paying that, but I have been spoiled by the cheap stuff we already got.
It is a ton of content. New costumes and more stages than the past packs had. But it's hard to pull the trigger.

I'll have to think about it. I will end up picking then up before leaving the country next month though. Not like they'll ever go on sale.

It's been a month, so Happy New DLC time again!

STAGE PACK 6
New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield. In-game music tracks are also included.

New stages:
"The Rise of Kiyomori 1"
"The Rise of Kiyomori 2"
"Defense of Itsukushima"
"Monkey Hunt"
"Speed is of the Essence"

Additional music:

STAGE PACK 7
New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield.

New stages:
"Talent Acquisition"
"The Search for Liu Shan"
"Testing Times"
"Heroes of Luoyang"

BGM PACK 4

How to use:

Additional music:
"FUSION!!!"
"LIMPID LUSTER"

SAMURAI DISGUISES 1
Special costumes will be available for selection for the 15 characters under Samurai 1, in which they are dressed up as other characters.

How to use:
At Select Team, choose any of the 15 characters and select Change Costume.

SAMURAI DISGUISES 2
Special costumes will be available for selection for the 14 characters under Samurai 2, in which they are dressed up as other characters.

How to use:
At Select Team, choose any of the 14 characters and select Change Costume.

SAMURAI DISGUISES 3
Special costumes will be available for selection for the 14 characters under Samurai 3, in which they are dressed up as other characters.

How to use:
At Select Team, choose any of the 14 characters and select Change Costume.

ORIGINAL WALLPAPERS
Newly designed wallpapers will be available.

How to use:
Select Wallpaper in the Gallery.

http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/orochi3/dlc/index.html

So basically two stage packs and we get the Crossover costumes for the Samurai characters. No idea about the prices but I would imagine they would cost about the same as they did in DW7 so about 5 bucks or so.

I guess we'll really get DLC till October at this rate the stages and costumes are being released.

EYEL1NER

New content is out and it looks like I am done buying costumes. 400 points a pack, 1200 for all the SW characters is too rich for my blood.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New content is out and it looks like I am done buying costumes. 400 points a pack, 1200 for all the SW characters is too rich for my blood.

They spoiled you! Spoiled you with the 99cent ones before.

Related, I may be done buying DLC. Haven't even done all the maps yet, despite purchasing them.

EYEL1NER

They spoiled you! Spoiled you with the 99cent ones before.

Related, I may be done buying DLC. Haven't even done all the maps yet, despite purchasing them.
They really did.
I love the Musou games but haven't bought any DLC for DW7. I didn't feel the costume packs were worth the price they wanted.
And then WO3 DLC started coming out dirt-cheap and I was surprised. I thought 'Hey, they must not sell a lot of their other content at high prices. This will be a good thing!'

Nope.

Abylim

Ok, just got this game, did some looking around, and I'm confused.

Apparently big star weps have in built abilities? Where can I find a list of what for example, Mystic Edge has?

Ok, just got this game, did some looking around, and I'm confused.

Apparently big star weps have in built abilities? Where can I find a list of what for example, Mystic Edge has?

It is listed by character so it's a little messy here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/644809-warriors-orochi-3/faqs/64178

But basically for most weapons, the built in ability is based off the character instead of the actual weapon. So if someone has increased range for their big star weapon, all of their big star weapons would give increased range.

Though the great sword big star weapons are a little weird in terms of that, so I guess just look at the FAQ and see it for yourself.

Abylim

hah, I feel stupid. I scoured gamefaqs board for info, had a quick peek through faqs(Really quick apparently) and saw nothing.

Thanks man!

Marvie_3

Banned
I really need to finish grinding in this game. I love that there are so many characters but it sucks when you need to level up their proficiencies. :lol

Leezard

I just finished S-ranking all characters. The dlc maps are indeed great though, the grind didn't quite feel like a grind when I pretty much always could play new characters on a new map.

I'm so freaking torn on the DWSF costume packs. On one hand, they're way too expensive at €5 per pack (meaning 30€ in total) and I don't want to encourage that. But they look soooo good. I'm really sad that I couldn't get into Strikeforce, because the designs are pure crazy-awesome.

Also, the best one:

Top Bottom