• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

EYEL1NER

Here's hoping we see some more DLC this week. I know that announcement had stuff beyond that first week but I don't remember if it had dates or not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's hoping we see some more DLC this week. I know that announcement had stuff beyond that first week but I don't remember if it had dates or not.

I'm itchin for more as well.

I haven't seen any more dates for stuff yet, but Koei's community manager said that all of the DLC Japan is getting will come out internationally. I don't expect us to get the Santa preorder outfits, the Da Ji Dengeki outfit or the Lu Xun Sandaime J Soul Brothers outfit, but everything else should come out eventually.

I certainly hope we start getting regular releases. Japan has a TON of stage packs and outfits already released.

HUm hard dificulty can be really unforgiving at times Some characters don't last as long as they should ..and a garnison of archers can really wreck your life if you don't pay attention ..at this rate i fear for some parts of my chaos run ..

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
FCjBs.jpg

Got my platinum yesterday =). A little sad that there's no DLC today. This is honestly the most fun I've had with a Warriors game in years. Will play it again whenever DLC is released.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/10014412.html

Rachel CG render + some screen shots from the PSP version and some info.

Translation from Black Kite, of KoeiWarriors's message board

魔神狩りをしていたところを時空の歪みに巻き込まれ、異世界へとたどり着いた。
Rachel got warped to the Orochiverse when she got trapped inside the dimension distortion while she's doing her usual job of hunting devils.

2名のキャラクターやゲームモードを追加して再臨! 今回は、新キャラクターのレイチェルや対戦プレイといった新要素をお届けしよう。ちなみに、残る新キャラクターは完全オリジナル。詳細は続報を待て!!
There are 2 added characters here: Rachel and one more brand-new original character who will be revealed at a later date.

Delicious lower-res screens.

As much fun as it would be on a handheld, I don't think I could deal with the lower graphics and whatever else gets reduced.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm not even gonna worry about new portable exclusive characters. Last time I did ended up a disappointment (Benkei and Sanzang). Plus I've always hated Rachel's character design.

We got bumped to community!

So more screenshots from the PSP version:
http://andriasang.com/con0yu/musou_orochi_2_special/

I won't lie, they aren't the most flattering, graphics wise.

And, we have more crossover costume DLC! This set gives out one to the rest of the SW people and we're getting more crossover to the people in Others, the WO exclusive and actual crossover characters.

Yukimura Sanada as Zhao Yun
Oichi as Sun Shangxiang
Shingen Takeda as Pang Tong
Hanzo Hattori as Guan Suo
Hideyoshi Toyotomi as Sun Wukong
Ieyasu Tokugawa as Dong Zhuo
Mitsunari Ishida as Zhong Hui
Sakon Shima as Sima Zhao
Kanetsugu Naoe as Jiang Wei
Toshiie Maeda as Ma Chao
Katsuie Shibata as Pang De
Kanbei Kuroda as Guo Huai
Muneshige Tachibana as Fu Xi
Hanbei Takenaka as Zhuge Liang
Masanori Fukushima as Gan Ning
Goemon Ishikawa as Xu Zhu
Musashi Miyamoto as Zhang Liao
The rest are found here: http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Warriors_Orochi_3/DLC#Costume_Pack_15

In addition, there are three previews for the Others crossover costumes.

Joan of Arc as Daqiao
Da Ji as Lianshi
Kaguya as Cai Wenji

There were also more stages released and I think music packs. Too bad, we're still waiting for DLC that came out ages ago to be released here.

Oh noes!! It looks like I won't be able to get all max compatibility for all big star weapons before Diablo 3 starts! Already completed Wei and Wu, a bit more for Shu. That accounts for about 50%.

On another note, when a scenario says, "Demons are on high alert!!"...what difference does that make?

p/s Ding Feng is a fuckin' MONSTER. His moveset is incredible!

I guess the lack of DLC being release here and the move of community was the kiss of death for this topic.

So, anymore, the rest of the crossover costumes for the Others have been release in Japan of course. Covers most of the Orochi only characters and some crossovers ones.
The rest can be found here: http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Warriors_Orochi_3/DLC#Costume_Pack_19
Da Ji > Lianshi
Yoshitsune > Lu Xun
Kaguya > Cai Wenji
Himiko > Xiao Qiao
Jeanne > Da Qiao
Nemea > Zhou Tai
Achilles > Taishi Ci
Shuten Doji > Ding Feng?
Benkei > Dian Wei
Kiyomori > Deng Ai
Taigong Wang > Cao Pi

It does look like there's even more DLC costumes coming out in June, with I guess the remaining six Orochi characters getting a crossover costume, what I'm guessing the new DW characters from DW7 getting a special outfit and the I'm guessing the original costumes from DW7 are being tossed into this game as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the lack of DLC being release here and the move of community was the kiss of death for this topic.

So, anymore, the rest of the crossover costumes for the Others have been release. Covers most of the Orochi only characters and some crossovers ones.

It does look like there's even more DLC costumes coming out in June, with I guess the remaining six Orochi characters getting a crossover costume, what I'm guessing the new DW characters from DW7 getting a special outfit and the I'm guessing the original costumes from DW7 are being tossed into this game as well.

So the DLC is out?! Shittin' bricks here! I needems!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, should have been more specific. Sorry, but the costume DLC is being released in Japan so far. We are still stuck on waiting for something more than the first stage pack.

ERWKME<M@QO{ERM#<PL>@EWW@P<@{P#)I(DS)O{PLS{@{FI{)IE{)PKI$<@">!>!P{KDFD{SPK

EYEL1NER

They keep unveiling new DLC and now new characters for new versions of the game and then they go and release nothing here.
I've beaten it and am still enjoying playing it, but there is not much for me to talk about anymore.

I'm currently doing all the mission in HARD and making everyone at S ....

Sigh the amount of thing to do ...

i haven't even started chaos yet ...

I this situation i don't even want to look at the dlc since i 'm not even remotely close to be donc with this game..

I'm off to Diablo 3...I'll get back to this game....whenever bnet is down during my play time.

LOL. Hopefully by then, there will be tons of DLC already out.

They keep unveiling new DLC and now new characters for new versions of the game and then they go and release nothing here.
I've beaten it and am still enjoying playing it, but there is not much for me to talk about anymore.

Same here, I'm 250+ hours in, but there is nothing much to talk about since we haven't got any of the DLC Japan has outside of those first few releases. I've also been lazy about keeping up on the Japanese DLC releases since it only reminds me now of how much we don't have. D:

I'm currently renting this from Gamefly and I seriously haven't put it down for a few days. If there's a such thing as too much fun, I'm having it with this!

i have a question :

Does the rate profiency raise dependant on the difficulty level ?
i have domoki S rank , but can i play on easy or will it be faster to try to raise everyone else on normal or hard ?

OK then ...so i can spam them in susano last stand Normal difficulty , kill everything on the map and be done ??

Alright ....

The one where you rescue Ina is pretty good as well since for about half of the map, most of the enemies will pretty much be OHKO'd making it pretty easy to solo the map and get those kills.

Also, we finally get more DLC!

STAGE PACK 2
New stages will be available for selection under Select Battlefield. In-game music and additional weapons are also included.

New stages:
"Manhunt" (Weapon available: Dandyman)
"The Art of War" (Weapon available: Flags)
"Best of Both Worlds" (Weapon available: Hektor's Sword)
"Duelling Heroes"" (Weapon available: Lepidoptera)
"Memories of Vyashion"" (Weapon available: Cupid's Bow

Additional music:
9 additional tracks will be available.

Source: http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/orochi3/dlc/
Just more stages but the additional music will be nice.

Yay finally!

It will be interesting to see the pricing on this. The 2-stage packs in Japan cost 100 yen, while the 3-stage packs cost 200 yen. Last time we got a combination of two 2-stage packs for $2.00.

I'm unsure of what two japanese packs they are combining for this, because pack 3 and pack 4 are both 2 stage packs. It looks like pack 3 is in it, but IDK what the other stages are from.

Anyways, pack 3s music had:

- SEASON IN CHINA -AZURE DRAGON- - Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
- FAR ASIAN FANTASIA - Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
- CHANGE THE WORLD - Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
- Heart of the Rebirth - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends

Edit: Judging from the stage names + weapons I think the other pack might be the one with these BGMs

- AVENGING BATTLE - Dynasty Warriors 4
- Twin Ax - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
- IGNITION - Dynasty Warriors 6
- Important Request - Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
- Kawanakajima - Samurai Warriors 2

Yay finally!

I'm unsure of what two japanese packs they are combining for this, because pack 3 and pack 4 are both 2 stage packs. It looks like pack 3 is in it, but IDK what the other stages are from.

Anyways, pack 3s music had:

- SEASON IN CHINA -AZURE DRAGON- - Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
- FAR ASIAN FANTASIA - Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
- CHANGE THE WORLD - Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
- Heart of the Rebirth - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends

Based off what weapons the stages give and cross referencing with Koei Wiki,, I'm guessing it is combining pack 3 and pack 4 since pack 4 has 3 stages instead of 2.

So, the rest of the music we'll get is:

AVENGING BATTLE - Dynasty Warriors 4
Twin Ax - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
IGNITION - Dynasty Warriors 6
Important Request - Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
Kawanakajima - Samurai Warriors 2

Technically that's Japan's pack 3 and 5. That wiki renamed them when the english Pack 1 came out (Pack 1 on that list is the combined Japanese pack 1 and 2).

If our guess about other pack is correct, then are we getting a new map?
566px-Wo3-dlc05-01.jpg

I don't recall seeing this in WO3 at all, but I'm horrible at recognizing these things.

Kincaido

Yeah, new DLC! Been waiting for this.

Are you talking about Rescue at Yiling ?

Yeah, I believe that's it. I think you can put it on easy if you want. Took me 2500-3000 kills to max out two characters with Dodomeki and that brace that raises proficiency.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shame that the new DLC is coming out on the same day as Dragon's Dogma. I probably won't get to it for a good while. But hey, at least I know that when I do decide to go back to WO3, I'll have new stages to play and new songs to listen to!

Yeah, new DLC! Been waiting for this.

Yeah, I believe that's it. I think you can put it on easy if you want. Took me 2500-3000 kills to max out two characters with Dodomeki and that brace that raises proficiency.
Last silly question : i'm forced to kill those ennemies with the characters that i want to raise proficiency or can i go gun blazing with a maxed dodomeki and never swap ?

Kincaido

Yes, you have to use the characters that you want to raise the ranks with. Dodomeki is just there for his skill. Don't need to switch to him at all if he's S ranked.

Masamuna

All I have left now is the Chaos trophy and I'll be done. Unfortunately I have no desire Weapon grind anymore plus I've gotten a taste of what Strikeforce is like so I'm ready to wrap this up.

I forget, is Wang Yi's alternate color yellow/orange? Need a third to round out my Sentai fanboy taskforce (Zhou Yu/Red, Motochika/Blue).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah! New DLC! I'm excited, and I just can't hide it.

i've started getting everyone into shape properly ( 5 rank ) and it's going at a nice rate thanks for the tips guys
With dodomeki , and a industry +2/5 bonus on the weapon i can do +1300+ kills on a 9 star level ( suzano last stand ) and raise them up to the rank i want ... ( with Lubu on the side to defeat some officers as they are low levels for some ) ..and everything should work better than expected...

PSN store is already updated for some reason.

The stage pack is up for 2.99.

I'm guessing it does include a new map since it's quite bigger than the last one at 72 MB.

Seems like I was right about them skipping the 4th Japanese pack (fighting against / with Dong Zhuo) That one had two stages. I imagine we will get it next time will be another $3 pack and it will combine the skipped one with the next 3-stage pack.

I'm not 100% on this, because I'm horrible with recognizing stages just from looking at their maps, but I think all the 3 stage packs use maps not in the game already (and all 3 stages are that map).

Edit:
For anyone who gets today's DLC and is wondering what the weapons are:

- Duelling Heroes = Lepidoptera for Ayane.
- Memories of Vyashion = Cupid's Bow for bow characters
- Manhunt stage = Dandyman for sword and rapier characters
- The Art of War = Flags for twin sword characters
- Best of Both Worlds = Hektor's Sword for Achillies

Top Bottom