• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Man I keep putting the Siege of Chengdu as the music for all my stages. Really hope that they put Battle of Fan Castle in at some point. My favorite track from 7.

That was a fantastic song indeed! Unfortunately it's not been part of any DLC (although we still have lots more that are coming). So far the songs released in stage packs from 7/XL have been:

Heart of the Rebirth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunhLL7VM7c

Heart of the Growth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XAq4RuWSNc

Twin Ax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9UjXOiv-kU

O ar Quente [Nanzhong]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nC64YK8ooI

Thousand Suns [Chibi]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_zEcQZ_c_o

Crush 'em All [Yellow Turban Rebellion]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dZKk-_j3EM

The Lost Nation Left Nature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYcm99q1WJ4

EYEL1NER

Well, I'm taking another small break from Orochi 3 and mopping up some achievements in SW2. I've decided that if they ever put Sugoroku in another Warriors game again, I won't buy it. This bullshit game is pissing me off so much. It's rigged to give me the worst possible die rolls and moves out there.
I fucking hate it. I just got the closest to winning I've gotten yet out of almost 10 games or so and after winning a challenge issued against me by Tokugawa, the goddamn Xbox locks up.

I love the Orochi series, but if WO4 contains this completely optional mode that I do not have to play, I still won't buy it. Fuck this fake-ass monopoly rip-off.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I've decided to start using a music-themed team. Motochika, Zhenji, and Cai Wenji.

Working pretty well so far! Motochika's a lot better than I gave him credit for initially (and yeah, I know about the super-broken No/Motochika combination).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Weirdly, during WO3 breaks, I've been going back to DWG3. So different, yet so similar. Between those two musou games, man, I don't know if people need anything more.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Weirdly, during WO3 breaks, I've been going back to DWG3. So different, yet so similar.

Heh, same here. I'd love to go back to another Fist of the North Star Musou too, personally... Special Techniques in that game are so insanely satisfying to use...

Kid Around Ska has got to be the worst music in this series' history.

I really like the theme, actually. It works as another "fun times acting like a goofball" theme, much like City of Flowers. With all the songs between the series, It's great to hear something so different.

Marvie_3

Banned
They've already done it. It's one of the BGMs that comes with the recent stage pack.

Really? I guess I missed it. :lol

I really like the theme, actually. It works as another "fun times acting like a goofball" theme, much like City of Flowers. With all the songs between the series, It's great to hear something so different.
I don't mind different music (Joan of Arc theme is awesome) but Kid Around Ska just annoys the shit out of me.

Man they should have expanded the slots to 12 on weapons, so many good skills I have to let go :*(

That's true. But at the same time, I imagine it would be so we don't become ridiculously overpowered.

Bolt, Slay, Wind, Absorption, Osmosis, Echo, Typhoon, Blast, Brilliance, Multi, Confluence and something else. Oh, that would be amazing!
And probably broken

Shadow780

That's true. But at the same time, I imagine it would be so we don't become ridiculously overpowered.

Bolt, Slay, Wind, Absorption, Osmosis, Echo, Typhoon, Blast, Brilliance, Multi, Confluence and something else. Oh, that would be amazing!
And probably broken

Ultimately I'd just settle with two weapons, one w/ Brilliance as my safe setup, and one w/o as my fun setup.

Masamuna

So I have this huge urge to order Strikeforce after I plat this game. What are the pros and cons of this entry? Never really gave it a chance beyond the demo.

Is 100 the max level in this game? I think certain characters (probably just Dodomeki and Gyuki) tap out at 99. Is there a trophy ties to this?

Currently weapon maxing/growth point grinding to slowly get everyone to lvl20 before I continue Proficiency grinding (all DW characters finished!). Also looking around at characters I'd like to max out, so far I really dig:

Liu Bei - dash cancelling + EX + osmosis + special attack. What can Liu Bei NOT do?

Lianshi - Everyone already knows about her. Girl is cray cray.

Xiaohou Yuan - Part of the 'Make it Rain' club with Zhou Yu.

Da Qiao - Probably the only character so far where I really like to have Frenzy equipped along with the other obvious buffs. EX isn't too bad but I don't like the dead zone between her and the fan off her C4.

Xiahou Ba - Mother of god. Hyper armor, Great charges and lolspeed? Sign me up!

So I have this huge urge to order Strikeforce after I plat this game. What are the pros and cons of this entry? Never really gave it a chance beyond the demo.
Strikeforce took the DW6 engine, tweaked it around, added weapon switch, gave everyone triple jump / dash abilities that can basically let you almost fly, and added the DBZ power up modes. The game is really fun, but completely different than all other DW games. The areas are smaller and your stages are more mission based on go get this done fast. The story mode is also very long, and there are tons of side missions you can do. The RPG / loot mechanics add a lot of replay value as you collect materials to build better equips. There are less mooks to wade through than your typical DW game, and due to the "flying" aspect the travel from battle area to battle area is very fast. There is also a very useful lock-on feature to help with keeping track of the enemy you are fighting as you dash all over the place. I had a blast playing the game 4 player (and the console versions added AI Squad control so its not impossible to do solo like it was on PSP). Also, the battles with giant boss monsters can get pretty hectic.

PS: Pro-tip: The bow is the most broken weapon in that game ;-).

Is 100 the max level in this game? I think certain characters (probably just Dodomeki and Gyuki) tap out at 99. Is there a trophy ties to this?

There are no trophies tied to maxed out levels. I'm pretty sure 99 is the max.

Liu Bei - dash cancelling + EX + osmosis + special attack. What can Liu Bei NOT do?
Have a respectable son, ;-).

Xiahou Ba - Mother of god. Hyper armor, Great charges and lolspeed? Sign me up!
His R1 makes him so freaking broken and fun to play as. Playing on Hard or Chaos while Blitzkrieging right through enemy / officer pileups with him is so damn exhilarating.

Da Qiao - Probably the only character so far where I really like to have Frenzy equipped along with the other obvious buffs. EX isn't too bad but I don't like the dead zone between her and the fan off her C4.
Da Qiao has probably my favourite moveset out of the entire cast. I'm glad she kept the DW7 fan moveset rather than the quasi-garbage that Xiao Qiao ended up with. Also I have Reach, Bolt and Agility on her weapon and the C4 dead zone never seems to be a problem anymore.

As an aside, I forgot how great her DW5 outfit was until a few hours ago when I started cycling through some old costumes.

Da Qiao has probably my favourite moveset out of the entire cast. I'm glad she kept the DW7 fan moveset rather than the quasi-garbage that Xiao Qiao ended up with. Also I have Reach, Bolt and Agility on her weapon and the C4 dead zone never seems to be a problem anymore.

I agree so much. I like Da Qiao's moveset so much more than Xiao Qiao's. Or at the very least, I just dislike Xiao's for having so much dead time of her falling on her ass after every other move.

I had a blast playing the game 4 player (and the console versions added AI Squad control so its not impossible to do solo like it was on PSP). Also, the battles with giant boss monsters can get pretty hectic.

Initially, when I played Strikeforce on the PSP...I really felt it was impossible to solo...that the game was made for MP, much like Monster Hunter. But if I can solo G-level monsters in Monster Hunter United...I'm sure I could solo Strikeforce as well!!

After much testing with the cast, I settled with the duo of Cao Pi and Cao Cao. Their attacks are REALLY good. You'll get what I mean when you try them out....(sword energy). Hence, I managed to solo the Strikeforce on the PSP. But I have to say it was REALLY difficult initially. Even at max level and equipment, you can still die if you're not careful.

Damn...this makes me want to charge my PSP and play Strikeforce again. I'll be sure to get pwnt....totally forgot how to play!

I skipped DW7XL so I'm wondering if a lot the movelist changes came from there? I've noticed that even some characters with the same weapons have different animations now. Makes me wonder if the next DW will ditch the weapon switching and just go back to individual character wepaons. To be honest I wouldn't miss it.

Shadow780

I skipped DW7XL so I'm wondering if a lot the movelist changes came from there? I've noticed that even some characters with the same weapons have different animations now. Makes me wonder if the next DW will ditch the weapon switching and just go back to individual character wepaons. To be honest I wouldn't miss it.

They did change movesets for some DW characters for this game. I duno why they took away their 2nd musou tho, just put it on L1+O.

7XL gave Xiahou Dun, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei new movesets for their EX weapons, while adding Guo Jia and Wang Yi (both with original weapons). Pang De returned in XL but he had the same EX weapon as Zhang Liao.

In DW NEXT they took the first 4 DLC weapons from 7 and gave it to Xu Huang (Great Axe), Pang De (Mace / Cudgel), Yueying (Dagger-Axe), and Dong Zhuo (Bombs).

In Orochi 3 they kept those weapon changes from both games + gave new charge attacks to DW characters who still shared weapons.

As much as I love this game, I wish it would have came out later. The 6 DLC weapons they have released since this came out are fantastic, and it's just not the same playing an Orochi game without Cao Ren having his Mega Buster or Zhurong having her Boomerang (both are newer DLC weapons for 7).

Shadow780

lol I was going Chaos run with Wenji (better than Gracia on horse holyshit), stepped down for trinity kills and got one shot by a flurry of arrows.

Kaizer

Banned
Can anyone tell me the point of the "Big Star" weapons? I just started using one for Zhou Tai and I'm not really seeing the point. It's much weaker than my 3-star weapon - is it just because of its appearance or am I missing something here?

Shadow780

Can anyone tell me the point of the "Big Star" weapons? I just started using one for Zhou Tai and I'm not really seeing the point. It's much weaker than my 3-star weapon - is it just because of its appearance or am I missing something here?

When you bring up its compatibility eventually they will out class your 4 star weapons, in most cases.

Big Star weapons add +54 attack to their base strength when maxed out (and it seems some have special extra effects too like 2x range, although I've never noticed this myself). Most 4 star weapons are extremely outclassed by this; only a few character's 4 star weapons are stronger than a maxed out big star weapon.

For some reason Brilliance doesn't apply to Absorption. I put it on my Dian Wei as I've been playing Chaos and the only time I regain energy is when I do a charge attacks that proc elements.

For some reason Brilliance doesn't apply to Absorption. I put it on my Dian Wei as I've been playing Chaos and the only time I regain energy is when I do a charge attacks that proc elements.

That's how Almighty worked in WO2 (same effect as Brilliance). Absorb and Drain doesn't work, still have to use charge moves for those.

Ah I see. I never really used Almighty too much in WOZ, since my favorite characters were Tech characters with great EX-Charge attacks. Thus I didn't know Drain didn't work with it (Absorb would obviously not work since you need full musou gauge for Almighty to be active).

Thinking about the previous games again made me wonder, why did Koei rename so many of the elements? They didn't change names in the Japanese versions, but many got renamed here from their old WO1-2 names (Air -> Flak, Almighty -> Brilliance, Absorb -> Osmosis, Drain -> Absorption, Brave -> Courage, etc...).

So many characters in this game i've juste started chapter 3 and i feel overwelmed what is the average level for attempting a level on hard /chaos anyway ?

Hard? Probably level 35. Chaos? Probably level 80.

I just maxed big star compatibility and proficiency S for all Wei characters. Many more to go!

It really depends on how good your weapon is and how good you are at dodging enemy attacks. I've Solo'd Chaos levels with level 30 people due to broken weapons, while also having problems with level 75 people on chaos who didn't have broken weapons.

Jarate

Banned
How do you level up your compatibilty with your weapons better other then harmony

does it have to do with combos or some shit?

How do you level up your compatibilty with your weapons better other then harmony

does it have to do with combos or some shit?

Just kill, kill, kill. I believe stages with higher star total gives a bonus or so, but the difficulty doesn't matter. You can also max I think Gyuki's proficiency as his skill increases compatibility gaining.

Oh hey guys. :D

rWUGBm.jpg

After dilly-dallying around a ton, I've finally joined the club, WOOT!

Seriously. I'm at 150 hours, Platinumed the game, and I STILL WANT TO PLAY. They really hit this one out of the park.

Also, THIS! 200+ hours in and I still want more. Koei, release your localized DLC quicker!

Man. I've spent the last few days making weapons for the 20-30 characters I use regularly. Been trying to make them all able to handle Chaos without being OP, but balancing some of them drove me crazy. Especially Okuni.

Also, THIS! 200+ hours in and I still want more. Koei, release your localized DLC quicker!
Congrats! A mere 113 hours play time here. I'm thinking about taking a break until more of the stage DLC gets released in case I burn out.

After dilly-dallying around a ton, I've finally joined the club, WOOT!
http://www.imgur.com/0rBqcm.jpg

Wow, congrats on the plat.

I'm still trying to unlock all the gaiden stages. But, I do wish there are more gaiden stages. It forces me to use characters I wouldn't use, actually build them up, and the cutscenes are pretty awesome in it.

I mean Gracia popping out of a box was one of my favorite cutscenes ever.

Wow, congrats on the plat.

I'm still trying to unlock all the gaiden stages. But, I do wish there are more gaiden stages. It forces me to use characters I wouldn't use, actually build them up, and the cutscenes are pretty awesome in it.

I don't think they made any cutscenes for them, but I could see many of the DLC stages being really entertaining based on the Gaiden stages we have + the first 4 DLC stages we recently got. There are already 54 DLC stages out now, or announced as coming soon, in Japan and I got a feeling Koei will end up releasing quite a lot before all is said and done.

I mean Gracia popping out of a box was one of my favorite cutscenes ever.
I laughed so much when I replayed that stage with her in my party. This time, Hosokawa Tadaoki was in the box instead!

I don't think they made any cutscenes for them, but I could see many of the DLC stages being really entertaining based on the Gaiden stages we have + the first 4 DLC stages we recently got. There are already 54 DLC stages out now, or announced as coming soon, in Japan and I got a feeling Koei will end up releasing quite a lot before all is said and done.

I laughed so much when I replayed that stage with her in my party. This time, Hosokawa Tadaoki was in the box instead!

That's good to hear about the DLC stages. I haven't gotten around to playing them yet since I wanted to unlock everyone first.

Hm, that's pretty nifty of KOEI to do that. I wonder if other stages changes if you bring the character of the stage in. I know they get a line if they are facing themselves in battle.

There is so much craziness you can do with this damn game if you take the time to learn all it's mechanics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksWtCN_C3zY

So more combos mean more gems? Damn it, didn't realize the chronos ability was actually useful.

But, I did finally get the True Ending. Much more fun running in and sweeping with overpowered weapons and characters. I am also so glad that everyone's voice lines are unlocked as well, so I don't need to add bond building onto maxing everyone's proficiency.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Congrats on the Platinum Adawg! I haven't really played the last week or so. Been playing other games instead =x. Last time I checked I had around 100 hours put in. I need to beat chapters 3 and 4 on chaos then I can join the club =D.

Top Bottom