• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

I'll pay after Comic-Con!

botw89.jpg

Sajjaja

So, as I am too lazy to read most of the thread, what kind of game will this be? Will it be like Fallout 1/2 point n click? Or have they not released enough information yet?

zkylon

zkylewd
So, as I am too lazy to read most of the thread, what kind of game will this be? Will it be like Fallout 1/2 point n click? Or have they not released enough information yet?
It'll be a classic turn-based RPG with heavy emphasis on squad management (unlike Fallout), but probably isometric (unlike the original Wasteland).

Eusis

I'm kind of expecting (hoping?) the gameplay is basically Fallout if it had a proper party system implanted, IE everyone follows the lead around but you can manually move for combat or if deemed necessary like Bioware's pre-Jade Empire RPGs (and Dragon Age).

Quick math shows they need to average $620 an hour to hit 2.1 million in the amount of time left. Should be very do-able.

There's always a significant spike at the end, so 2.1M should not be a problem. I'm hoping it can reach even further to give them a budgetary cushion.

Seriously?

It'll be a classic turn-based RPG with heavy emphasis on squad management (unlike Fallout), but probably isometric (unlike the original Wasteland).

I watched a Let's Play, but it didn't really tell me what kind of customization you had with other party members.

Bazza

Seems i contributed some cash when i got home from the pub, i dont mind all that much but spending money is something i should do sober. someone needs to invent some kind of breathalyser for PC's.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Seems i contributed some cash when i got home from the pub, i dont mind all that much but spending money is something i should do sober. someone needs to invent some kind of breathalyser for PC's.

That explains those 40k in the last day!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If it keeps at a rate of $40k a day, it will hit (approx.) $2.4k.

Eh no way, if they dont have further updates it will probably down to 20-25k/ day levels. But it will still be enough.

has it stalled? Not moving much it seems - the obsidian/avellon push is over.

BF would do well to get some art + what not up. Even update some videos. But he isn't. I wish he would.

duckroll

has it stalled? Not moving much it seems - the obsidian/avellon push is over.

BF would do well to get some art + what not up. Even update some videos. But he isn't. I wish he would.

I feel one of the best things that Fargo can do at this point, is to put a small team at inXile together to work on building a small map in 3D based on a piece of concept art, and using that to illustrate what the game will sorta look like in an isometric view. Just a quick tease to get people's expectations on the right level.

And a sample music track from Mark Morgan. :p

I feel one of the best things that Fargo can do at this point, is to put a small team at inXile together to work on building a small map in 3D based on a piece of concept art, and using that to illustrate what the game will sorta look like in an isometric view. Just a quick tease to get people's expectations on the right level.

At the end he should livestream himself and Chris Avellone toking up together, set to a tasteful jazz soundtrack as they discuss Wasteland 2 and the meaning of life. They would rake in millions.

That would be awesome.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This KS may end up dropping near the end instead of getting a big surge. If it doesn't look like 2.1 mil is in the cards all the people who upped for Obsidian are going to drop it.

Eusis

Given it IS a secondary goal I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of "consolation prize" anyway if they get close to the number for Obsidian development, but not close enough since the Kickstarter goal's been met. Maybe Avellone's on as a guy to write a few quests or characters, or they get some tools without more serious Obsidian development, or whatever.

ArjanN

This KS may end up dropping near the end instead of getting a big surge. If it doesn't look like 2.1 mil is in the cards all the people who upped for Obsidian are going to drop it.

They'll make 2.1 before the last day, and they'll raise another couple 100K on the last day alone.

Given it IS a secondary goal I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of "consolation prize" anyway if they get close to the number for Obsidian development, but not close enough since the Kickstarter goal's been met.

Won't happen. They're already too close for that scenario to play out.

The fuck, why did this slow down to a crawl? Come on Fargo, add a new U$200k tier where you throw a party with hookers and coke. I bet Kotick will go for it.

Top Bottom