• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

8HA8F.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Well, it will easily make 2.1m. Any guestimations (or projections) on what kind of total it might hit?

2.5m?

Instro

Depends how the last few days shake out. 2.4-2.5 seems pretty doable though. Considering they dont have the added cost of a documentary to pay for, that wouldn't be too far from DF's total.

duckroll

There are 14 days to go, and I think they'll hit 2.1 million or at least be very close in about one week. That's leaves an entire week of last minute hype, depending on what Fargo does. If it's hovering around 2.3-2.4 million by the last day, it'll probably be bumped to 2.5 million or so.

$2.5M would be nice. That way, they should at least get, what? $2.3M? You can pretty much tell that I am obsessed with the Kickstarter fees.

They would easily obtain $2.5 without all the suspense if Fargo would post something... ANYTHING.

How hard is to take clue from Double Fine?

WL2 kickstarter first video was pretty cool. Then they posted nothing except some shitty Hard Drive segment.

zkylon

zkylewd
2.2-2.3m I think is a safe bet. Fargo said that this week they'll be making a bit of serious design work. If they started the last week with concept art and the vision document they might easily get 2.5m.

I'd love this getting more money than DF but seems like celebrity status goes a long way.

He should already have someone on inXILE doing some shit for the KS page. I get that he got the forum up and running very quickly; then spent time doing that kick it forward bullshit (that I didn't care about); and gave a whole bunch of interviews; and inXILE are doing the android port of bards tale and he's twittering about that... and about Bards Tale hitting no.1 on appstore.

What BF however needs to do is to FUCKING UPDATE THE KS page with exciting art, music, video etc el.

Acidote

It will be somewhere between 2.2-2.3M

I'm waiting until the last day to support this, so maybe there's more people like me around.

2.2-2.3m I think is a safe bet. Fargo said that this week they'll be making a bit of serious design work. If they started the last week with concept art and the vision document they might easily get 2.5m.

I'd love this getting more money than DF but seems like celebrity status goes a long way.

Not to rag on Fargo, but what 'went a long way' was that Tim still writes some of the best games in the industry (Psychonaughts, Brutal Legend in the last couple of years),
add to that DF never coming out with a dull or boring experience and the that put's Tim on top of king mountain.

It's like he doesn't get the simplest things. No once cares about obscure interviews on NMA, RPGCodex or even RPS.

People want YT videos with updates on the status. With ideas and thank yous.

The secret is to do all of that. Nothing but YT updates and you are talking only to the people on board, only interviews with websites and you make it seem stagnant and less exicting to the people you should want to keep happy.

Both is better then either.

So, people are slagging of Brian Fargo for his way of handling a project that has reached more than 200% of it´s funding, with 14 days to go?

So, people are slagging of Brian Fargo for his way of handling a project that has reached more than 200% of it´s funding, with 14 days to go?

No, but it's not too late to do some more updates.
If you look at the DF one each update was met with a spike in funding (of about 20 times the base line), and the decline of funding back to it's baseline was very slow.

200% is nice, you know what's better, 400%.

Aselith

No, but it's not too late to do some more updates.
If you look at the DF one each update was met with a spike in funding (of about 20 times the base line), and the decline of funding back to it's baseline was very slow.

200% is nice, you know what's better, 400%.
That's small potatoes. FTL got 2000%.

Sentenza

I think he's doing fine enough, but it's an observable fact that pledges on Kickstarter increase when there is a (good) update.

My guess is that what could help him the most now would be some artwork or mock-up screenshot to show off how they are imagining the game, and to boost the confidence of those users interested in the project but unsure about the ability of InXile to deliver.

Depends how the last few days shake out. 2.4-2.5 seems pretty doable though. Considering they dont have the added cost of a documentary to pay for, that wouldn't be too far from DF's total.

Instead of a documentary to pay for, they have to pay Obsidian and Avellone.

zkylon

zkylewd
He should already have someone on inXILE doing some shit for the KS page. I get that he got the forum up and running very quickly; then spent time doing that kick it forward bullshit (that I didn't care about); and gave a whole bunch of interviews; and inXILE are doing the android port of bards tale and he's twittering about that... and about Bards Tale hitting no.1 on appstore.

What BF however needs to do is to FUCKING UPDATE THE KS page with exciting art, music, video etc el.
Dude, chill. I don't get how people can be this demanding of a project that's just two weeks old. Setting up a one and a half year long project takes time, you know? Your attitude towards this Kickstarter has been over and over again of demanding beyond need, specially when at the first sign of trouble you were threatening to remove your pledge.

You don't even like the Kick it Forward initiative? Man, you're a bummer.

Not to rag on Fargo, but what 'went a long way' was that Tim still writes some of the best games in the industry (Psychonaughts, Brutal Legend in the last couple of years),
add to that DF never coming out with a dull or boring experience and the that put's Tim on top of king mountain.
Yeah, that's true.

Dude, chill. I don't get how people can be this demanding of a project that's just two weeks old. Setting up a one and a half year long project takes time, you know? Your attitude towards this Kickstarter has been over and over again of demanding beyond need, specially when at the first sign of trouble you were threatening to remove your pledge.

You don't even like the Kick it Forward initiative? Man, you're a bummer.

Yep, this thread really gives you opportunitys to shake your head in disbelief. The project is really succesful beyond what anyone really should be able to expect of it. It´s like boing your favorite hockey team for not doing 15 goals when they are already leading with 7-0. :)

Top Bottom