• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your next-gen purchasing going to entail? (Roadmap)

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
New TV (Either Sony x900 or the New Vizio OLED)
PS5 (Miles Morales and another game TBD)
Extra Controller
New Headphones
Maybe a Series S in a year or two if something really looks good to me.

Sticking with my 1080Ti while I keep an eye on performance benchmarks of the 3080, then hopefully I am able to find a 3080 if I like what I see.

I will get a Playstation 5 once whatever Kojima has cooking is ready, plus I would rather have an all black model.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My purchases excluding sales tax -

SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER 2020
- LG 55" CX OLED / $1450
- TV Stand / $135
- Gaming Chair (2) / $65 ($130 total)
- Computer Desk / $100+
- Shelving Unit / $50
- New Modem / $90
- Internet Upgrade / $120 a month (currently $90, will upgrade in late October)
- CAT 6A Ethernet Cables (2) / $40
TOTAL: $2115.00 (approximately)

NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2020
- Xbox Series X / $500
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla (gold Edition, digital) / $100
- Cyberpunk 2077 (digital, complete edition) / $100
- Marvel's The Avengers (base game, disc/digital undecided) / $60
- Outriders (base game, disc/digital undecided) / $60+ (waiting to see their post launch roadmap)
- Watch Dogs Legion (base game, disc) / $60
- Gears Tactics (game pass) / $10
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (game pass) / $10
TOTAL: $900.00 (approximately)

SPRING 2021
- PlayStation 5 Disc Edition (will wait for the all black solid edition) / $500
- Spider Man: Miles Morales (base game, disc) / $60
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (base game, disc) / $60
TOTAL: $620 (approximately)

GRAND TOTAL: $3635.00 (approximately)

dalekjay

I have no back log on PlayStation side, I have no backlog on pc exclusives right now, I will not upgrade my pc now so:

xbox series X day 1 (or the first day I can walk to a store buy and get out)

ps5 DE when 3-5 really good exclusives that I can’t miss be released

——— at buying Ps5 I decide for gamepass or not ———

then I will get the best bang for buck around an RTX-3080, but just depends on some projects. I will definitely not play on pc even if I get a 3090 so by that time a switch 2 may be released, I will get that.

———————
For accessories i will wait to see I can make my Ps4 arcade stick works on XSX (do anyone know if there’s workarounds that don’t add lag/latency?)

I will get new gen PS VR for sure after skipping first gen

I also have a interest in a mid/high end wheel for racing games, BUT for a horizon like not a simulator like racing game

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
I'm not completely sure yet. I need a 4k TV, so that's some of my disposable income gone. That leaves me with either the X or PS5 at launch, but neither really sold me on them. I still have my 1080p gaming PC I get a lot of fun out of, but it needs an upgrade down the line as well. At the end of 2020 I'll most likely get/have:

4k TV, about 1250 euros or less. This only gets me a non-OLED it seems. Need to do research, maybe wait on it a month or 2 for a bigger budget.
PS5 for I assume 500 euros. Unfortunately the console looks butt-ugly, but I don't want to wait for the redesign.
I'll stick with my PC for Microsoft's games at 1080p.

Hostile_18

Banned
I think PS5 day 1 along with an extra controller and a large SSD when available.

I'm always tempted to get a PC but those Sony exclusives and having a 4k drive built in which is hard to do/expensive on PC.

Mattyp

Gold Member
For me I always buy basically everything but even the small things can delay a purchase. How is your roadmap looking?

• RTX 3080 day and date (September 17th)
  • Xbox Series X day and date (November 10th)
  • PlayStation 5 (Waiting for all black model)

I really hate the reversed Oreo design of the PlayStation 5, I can financially afford it but I really don't want to be stuck with that.

Are you me?

3090 at launch
Series X at launch
PS5 when it becomes aesthetically pleasing enough to go in a loungeroom.

Schmack.U

Neo Member
I will be purchasing a Switch Pro when it launches in 2021. I will probably wait until fall 2021 to purchase a PS5, as I usually wait a year or more until after launch to get a new system.

I'm waiting for PS VR 2.0, and/or complete b.c with the other Playstation systems before I touch a PS5.

Xbox isn't on my radar.

I already own a Switch.

Probably not gonna mess with high-end PC, but I have some vague goals to put together an arcade-emulation minicomputer with output for a CRT monitor.

That's about it.

Ascend

Late this year or early next year: New graphics card. Not sure which yet.
Late next year: 16 core Zen 3 CPU
Year after: Xbox Series X or equivalent
Year after: Possible TV or monitor upgrade

Jadsey

My 'roadmap' is play the finest, premium games of the next generation.

Therefore, all I need is a PS5.

OutRun88

Probably PS5 to start out with and then the Xbox when Halo Infinite releases.

Usually I upgrade my PC every 2 or 3 years, but that trend may stop as I just don’t game enough to warrant that continual upgrade cost.

Series X is a day one purchase for sure. Series S most likely be purchase 6-12 months after it launches.

That's pretty much it for me. With all the top-level games coming from XGS and into Game Pass, I really dont need anything else outside of Xbox.

Pejo

I'm going to buy the 3080 eventually, maybe next year once some "next gen" games come out and my 2070 super starts struggling. I'll probably do a full build from scratch at that time. PS5 I only plan to buy if Demon's Souls remake is great. Otherwise, I will hold off until they have a compelling game or two. Xbox, waiting and see what they do with it, but no plans currently. Switch HD or Pro or whatever they call it - day 1 if it's real. I hate the performance I get from the current Switch, so anything to improve that would be insta-buy.

Rickyiez

I have already bought an Coolermaster Ultrawide, and Pre-ordered RTX 3080. They are going to be a good pairing.

As for PS5 I'm going to hold off until there is something that's really got me hyped like Bloodborne.

Cyberpunk should last me for a while on PC

Top Bottom