• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndTAR

Watching rumors unfold live is nice, haha! Sure rooting for Watch Dogs on Wii U, no matter what. Gonna be great.

Also not entirely understanding the Engadget article; are FPS games really the best showcase of the downsides of digital triggers? Though pretty much all console shooters had functionally digital trigger mappings.

If that's the case, we'll probably get something between the current en next gen version.

Yeah, the only reason I could see it needing to be downscaled is if what we all thought to begin with was true - it's not a 360/PS3 game afterall. Wii U owners should be asking for a different set of Dogs first though. Of the Sleeping variety.

Phazon

84u9e.jpg

Just do it Ubisoft ^^

Mrbob

Wasn't IGN supposed to post their 9bargo review for ZombieU today?

Also, what's up with the FPS thread being closed?

I can't reveal the name, but a branded "next gen" game that some people thought couldn't run on Wii U seems to be in development for the system :p

Even if downscaling the engine may be employed, it shouldn't be to a point the developers behind wouldn't recognize what they envisioned for their game visually.

So it's a really promising news about the viability, the future proof aspect, of the system (along with other data we got like Shin'en comments on their NotEnoughShaders interview).

HYPE BEFORE LAUNCH GUYS ! :D

Watch_Dogs (;

The wii u is suppose to be a Christmas gift for the family but since I decided to take Monday off I don't think that's gonna happen. Kids will be at school and daycare so I have a free day to "test" the system to make sure it works :)

majik13

yeah is Watch Dogs branded "Next gen" if it is coming to current gen? The reveal was "next gen" though I believe. Damn you IdeaMan! What other Ubi games are Next Gen?

bonesquad

Has this been posted yet? lol

I don't understand the issue with the triggers being analog, but I do think the triggers are too far apart. Do people generally use their index finger on the 'bumper' and their middle finger on the 'trigger'? Just using my index finger it was quite a ways to reach back and forth between the two... maybe my hands are just small:(

First thing I said when I saw Watch Dogs was "How did Nintendo miss this when in Wii U talks with Ubi Soft?" Ubi Soft has been buddy-buddy with Nintendo and Wii U for like two years now. So when this was revealed I was just shocked that Nintendo didn't some how co-produce it.

I don't understand the issue with the triggers being analog, but I do think the triggers are too far apart. Do people generally use their index finger on the 'bumper' and their middle finger on the 'trigger'? Just using my index finger it was quite a ways to reach back and forth between the two... maybe my hands are just small:(

I usually use just my index finger, two fingers just feels too cramped, i might end up using two on the gamepad though.

Kandinsky

I thought Ideaman was credible? Why is he hated so much?

He always do the same shit over and over, vague stuff that anyone can predict or say, this bit for example can apply to any and every next gen title that gets ported to the WiiU. He just craves for attention, the whole "lets wait till I'm no longer a junior so I can start a thread with new juicy info" was ridiculous.

Weren't you trolling pre-launch that the vita was going to set the world on fire? Are you addicted to Fail?
That was not trolling dude!.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

I think it's not the place to unleash your weird anger toward me, just 3 days before launch :p
The assessment i wrote on a WUST post E3 2012 was enough to prove to 99% of people that i had indeed info.

And i should add the Nintendo characters description to third-parties (scribblenauts), no Miiverse integration on third-party games (confirmed by 5th cell or Mass Effect 3 teams weeks after i said it), no Wii emulator for the moment (and it was confirmed weeks after that it will need a day one update, hence backing the fact that it wasn't available yet), all the OS revision pushes to third-parties, the description of the dashboard weeks before its reveal in the recent nintendo direct, yadda, yadda. And i won't talk about the 2GB of total memory, 1GB for games 1GB for OS revealed here since february and confirmed in september whereas most expected between 1 and 1,5GB with at most 250MB for the OS.

The fact that you insist on acting this way in front of such a list of evidences is weird, but well. I'm only annoyed by the potential derailing you'll generate by such posts, and i think you knew it and surely wanted it by writing this message :p

ps: in fact, i suggest to people interested in this "kandinsky affair" to just do a research with kandinsky and ideaman on gaf, you'll see the amount of trolling one-liners he wrote about me since months, it's funny :)

guek

Banned
Hah! Nice IM. A few months ago I heard along the grapevine while working on NES that a certain company which shall not be named was considering putting a known next gen title on the wii u. But at that point, nothing was certain, and it was unclear how serious the studio was about the idea. I wonder if it was the same game...

I'll have to ask IM about it in the irc :)

majik13

So is anyone who is awaiting newegg deliveries(with free 3 day shipping) considering buying those games in store on launch day, and then returning the unopened newegg games to the first store once they arrive? Not sure I can wait an extra 3-4 days for my games!

I think it's not the place to unleash your weird anger toward me, just 3 days before launch :p
The assessment i wrote on a WUST post E3 2012 was enough to prove to 99% of people that i had indeed info.

And i should add the Nintendo characters description to third-parties (scribblenauts), no Miiverse integration on third-party games (confirmed by 5th cell or Mass Effect 3 teams weeks after i said it), no Wii emulator for the moment (and it was confirmed weeks after that it will need a day one update, hence backing the fact that it wasn't available yet), all the OS revision pushes to third-parties, the description of the dashboard weeks before its reveal in the recent nintendo direct, yadda, yadda. And i won't talk about the 2GB of total memory, 1GB for games 1GB for OS revealed here since february and confirmed in september whereas most expected between 1 and 1,5GB with at most 250MB for the OS.

The fact that you insist on acting this way in front of such a list of evidences is weird, but well. I'm only annoyed by the potential derailing you'll generate by such posts, and i think you knew it and surely wanted it by writing this message :p

ps: in fact, i suggest to people interested in this "kandinsky affair" to just do a research with kandinsky and ideaman on gaf, you'll see the amount of trolling one-liners he wrote about me since months, it's funny :)

you dropped a nice bit of hype in the thread why ruin it replying to people baiting you?
you can always come back when the game you talked about proves to be true... but others will say that post was vague enough to be any game, ignore the haters :shrug:

gryz

Banned
whats the current official word on zombi u, is it good or is it red steel? heading over to beast buy to preorder some games soon

He always do the same shit over and over, vague stuff that anyone can predict or say, this bit for example can apply to any and every next gen title that gets ported to the WiiU. He just craves for attention, the whole "lets wait till I'm no longer a junior so I can start a thread with new juicy info" was ridiculous.

h
u
gs
you

bunbun777

Stopped by the layaway department in Walmart. Was told they were in now. She did not know what day they were being released, I mentioned Sunday. I asked out of curiousity if they had any left for reserve, she said no, that it had taken about a week to sell out.

They have to keep them up to Dec 14th for layaway customers.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
you dropped a nice bit of hype in the thread why ruin it replying to people baiting you?
you can always come back when the game you talked about proves to be true... but others will say that post was vague enough to be any game, ignore the haters :shrug:

it was at least a nice opportunity at the same time to do another assessment of the latest batch of info confirmed lately :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom