• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the IGN Ninja Gaiden Review is trash. Ignore it 100%. Even if the game looks worse as a consequence because it probably is.

Your Mii has a name that shows up as your 'tag' whilst your Nintendo Network ID is for logging in. Not sure if its assigned or not, but they always say you put in your birthday/email/name or something - but never 'chose an ID' when setting it up. So I wonder if it will somehow be assigned based on your name. But no idea.

Yeah I was wondering that because in every video i see the MIIs in the universe show the actual persons real life name, i hope we have gamer ID names.

layoff of IGN, not every Wii U game is being reviewed by the same person

I feel like I am the only one in this thread, where is everyone? In lines somewhere?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How long is the HDMI cable included?

Oh shit. Just got my wait list call. Looks like I'm actually getting one at launch! (A Deluxe)

Along with ZombiU, New Super Mario Brothers and Tekken Tag Tournament. (Plus whatever's up on the eShop. Hopefully Trine 2, Chasing Aurora and Little Inferno.)

zroid

Banned
I just saw a "this program brought to you by Wii U" advert. They specifically said "brought to you by the all-new Wii U system from Nintendo. How you will play next."

Effect

Still nothing from NewEgg on status of my orders. If nothing by noon tomorrow then it's clear they're not even going to process it until Monday. :(

rpmurphy

Yeah I was wondering that because in every video i see the MIIs in the universe show the actual persons real life name, i hope we have gamer ID names.
Which videos are you watching?
mJTQq.png

1pr0b.png

BO3xJ.png

From the website:
ctMKP.png
ro4Bv.png

Medalion

Banned
I haven't been made clear as to what is the form of currency to purchase games on the Wii-U store

Someone told me last night they aren't using points anymore per se

So are they accepting credit cards or something?

Do we pre buy download cards?

Wii-U shop, how do they work?

magnets_c.jpg

jaypah

The fiancé texted me to tell me about the 30 percent trade value towards NSMBU so when I got off we threw some games that we no longer play (old NFS, yoostar, etc.) in a bag and went to Gamestop. Figured we'd knock 30 bucks off or whatever. Long story short, after the 30 percent plus another 10 for being a powered up member we were able to get NSMBU and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for only $1.61 out of our own pocket. I also told the dude that I never got my GI with Mario on the cover and he gave me one free. Came out feeling like a champ and my body is fucking ready. HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

I haven't been made clear as to what is the form of currency to purchase games on the Wii-U store

Someone told me last night they aren't using points anymore per se

So are they accepting credit cards or something?

Do we pre buy download cards?

Wii-U shop, how do they work?

magnets_c.jpg
Probably works exactly like the 3DS eship.

Effect

Sent one more email to NewEgg just for the hell of it. Even with the idea of wanting to know when the orders will be processed so I can decide if I want to keep the order with them or buy it from another store. Perhaps that will get their attention and actually get an answer out of them.

Ugh... 3 games, no system. 3 days remain, have to wait until 11 AM for GameStop to open. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Now all I need is NSMBU and Zombi U + a pro controller...

Hobby

Some backs of JP boxes.

Assassin's Creed 3:

lmSb5.jpg

Mass Effect 3:

1 player (multiplayer: 2-4 players)
Supported video output: 480p, 720p
Number of saves: over 150
Required space for save data: over 32MB
Surround sound supported
Supported controllers: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller
Supports headsets
Nintendo Network: Co-op, voicechat

Zkzk6.jpg

FIFA 13:

1 to 5 players (multiplayer, 2-5)
Supported video output: 480p, 720p
Number of saves: 1
Required space for save data: over 110MB
Supports surround sound
Supported controllers: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Remote + Classic Controller Pro
Nintendo Network: Match play, co-op, sending of messages

lloet.jpg

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Hey guys, been mostly distracted from Wii U news in the last month. Anything major announced or discovered?

I'm due to pick up my unit at a local Gamestop. But I'm still not sure it will be a midnight launch.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Btw, what the heck is up with that awful neon "Hollywood Squares" commercial for Wii U? It is so unappealing and is actually confusing as to whether its for a new peripheral or whole new system. Nintendo dropped Leo Burnett for that?

d1rtn4p

For those of us who purchased at Gamestop online with one-day shipping, should we be expecting delivery on Sunday? Or more like Mon/Tues?

Guy at Gamestop confirmed my local store already has the systems in the back, but strangely enough they haven't gotten any copies of NSMB U. Still, they're not opening till noon on Sunday so I've got even more time to kill.

Drenrim

Neo Member
I got a call from GameStop about a half hour ago letting me know they will be opening at 10

It's on a store by store basis. I went in and talked to them. (this is in Boston btw). The person who is the regional manager sent them an email saying to open at 11AM. It also said that if there were people waiting in line outside the story that they can open early, the earliest being 10AM.

The GameStop by me is opening at 11 unless they see that line for sure.

Beckx

So how do Pro controllers connect to the console? Purely wireless, or wired USB option?

Just curious, if there's a USB option then there's a chance for someone like Mayflash to expand their universal controller adapters to support Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom