• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnaden

h
u
gs
you

rMuJF.gif

The only thing I've seen that could possibly be a hint to Red Steel being good is that early on Twitter Gaf's own Gary Whitta tweeted about the lack of a Killer app for the Wii U.

Arthur Geiss of Polygon replied "There might be one..."
He's currently playing through ZombiU for Review.

Hoping Wal Mart has an extra deluxe or two sitting around at midnight Saturday. Didn't preorder one.

I heard they would be hoarding the extras because they have a december ad that features Wii U

good luck, my Wii U is a WalMart layaway reserve so they are my only hope Sunday morning

Keyouta

There's 3 HDMI outputs on the tv downstairs, one is for the DVR, one for the PS3, and a third out in the open and accessible for use when a laptop is plugged in and such. Now, the third output could be switched to the Wii U but it makes it more of a hassle if I want to connect a computer through HDMI to the tv. I'll think about this.

However, I'm wondering would I be able to run the component cables I have for my Wii for the Wii U and have that be outputting at 1080p?

Continuing my week of Videos leading upto the WiiU launch I present...

3 Days Remain - YouTube News - Episode 41 - New Super Mario Bros. U - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3FWf8h0sSw

Thats alot of dashes lol. New video for the next two days + video of me getting it later in the week.

Anywayz: Cool about a Rayman Legends demo. I really wish we knew what, if any WiiU eShop games were coming at launch day. (If any.) Apparantly Little Inferno has been confirmed but nothing else. Its launching in 3 days and we don't even know all of the eShop launch games lol. (Unless thats it....)

Doesn't matter either way since I probably won't be able to afford them, but would like to know anywayz.

Kingven

Tomorrow its my turn to make my first deposit for a WiiU here in Venezuela... around 300$... (thats only 50% of total cost) :-( ... The Official store should be getting them next week..

PD: at the legal exchange rate BSF/$ its around 600$... at the unofficial exchange around 1500$ !!!

I bet if I go take a nap right now I'll wake up to a new NINTENDO DIRECT thread of eShop Demo / DLC / DD tours

Maybe for some central-Amurika countries, it's cheaper to travel to the USA and buy a Wii U there than back home :p

that is a hell of a luxury item

I was born in Haiti so poverty and luxury items were really strange things to see growing up. At least the Wii U Miiverse is global maybe I'll meet my wife to be :p

Not going to say anything about Nigerian Scams on Miiverse :p

I can't believe we're this close. It feels like just the other day the countdown to E3 dropped below 100 days. The only thing that could make this better would be a midnight launch.

Banned
IGN loving the Wii U.

Ninja Gaiden goes from 3/10 for the PS360 to a 7.6/10
NintendoLand gets an 8.7
NSMBU being a killer app and getting a 9.1

Loving it so far.

Cartman86

Banned
Last minute figure this shit out time. What is my best bet for standing in line to get one? No pre-order or layaway. Costco? Wal-Mart?

inc77

I can't believe its so close. Will try and pick up a pro-controller and Assassin's Creed III tomorrow if the Gamestop by me is selling them already. Will ask about a midnight launch...

Yeah the IGN Ninja Gaiden Review is trash. Ignore it 100%. Even if the game looks worse as a consequence because it probably is.

So when making an account name do you have to sign up with your real name or is it like xbox live with a gamertag sorta thing?

Your Mii has a name that shows up as your 'tag' whilst your Nintendo Network ID is for logging in. Not sure if its assigned or not, but they always say you put in your birthday/email/name or something - but never 'chose an ID' when setting it up. So I wonder if it will somehow be assigned based on your name. But no idea.

I bought the Xbox 360 with the same mentality. Needless to say after a day or two I scrounged up all of my money and bought a cheap 19 inch hdtv (after playing game demos with scrounged black bars or hard to read text). Don't regret it, it really makes a difference, that first jump to High Definition is totally worth it. Of course now i'm rocking a 46 inch. I would definitely consider getting a cheap hdtv, it really makes a difference.

Perhaps. My friend has had an Xbox 360 for three or four years now, and he recently downgraded from a 27" SDTV to a 20" SDTV, because he recently moved, and it was apparently too much of a hassle to transport.

Higher resolution just isn't an automatic must-buy-immediately feature for everyone.

he's probably talking about halo 5

probably

I heard it was TimeSplitters HD Collection.

And by "heard", I mean "come on, Crytek, throw me a bone or something!".

I wonder if he knows some french.

Born in Bronx, New York... Maybe if he came from a wealthy upper-class Haitian family they only spoke French at home maybe not. Most Haitian-Americans I know only speak english and maybe some Creole, French kinda gets lost unless you grew up in Haiti where all Schools are mostly in French.

AzaK

I can't believe this it it °__°
Time flies !
It's not!!! 14 MORE DAYS!

Ridiculous; I'm ignoring anything they have to say.

I always read the lowest scored reviews, assess if they're descriptive enough in their articles for me then to decide whether content is for me or not.

Don't be so miserable! If you look at the lowest score you'll hate everything. Embrace the joy of a new console and launch titles!

Fuck the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom