• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

The pro controller cannot be used in Wii mode which is were you'd play games from the Wii Shop (VC and WiiWare) so you'd need a classic controller if you wanted a traditional controller in Wii Mode. You can use a credit card in the Wii Shop.

Thanks! Luckily I do still have my wii-mote and classic.

Are there any pics of the Wii mode? I'm hoping it's still set up in that channel-like grid. I want to organize all the classic games I buy.

So, something weird is going on. Walmart just shipped my Assassin's Creed III. But not my Wii U Deluxe.

But...Uhh...They didn't charge my card for either.

I am confused as fuck.

Medalion

Banned
So, something weird is going on. Walmart just shipped my Assassin's Creed III. But not my Wii U Deluxe.

But...Uhh...They didn't charge my card for either.

I am confused as fuck.

Some games were released before the console launch, that's normal

But they can't ship the system till the 18th

But the weird thing is they didn't charge me for the game yet. I'm assuming they are waiting to charge for the whole order, but...

I just think it's weird that they shipped something before they even checked to make sure the funds were in my account, hahaha.

Eusis

Well, given that's a SUNDAY I'm hoping they at least will ship on Saturday. Makes it more convenient for Thanksgiving travel, what an annoying time to launch the system.

Well, I have one pre-ordered from Futureshop, but I want to buy my Godson one for christmas now so I called them up and asked them if they had all been pre-ordered or if they had enough stock to pick one up launch day and he seemed to think they had more than enough, so here's hoping I can just grab another one while I'm there.

boxter432

So how do Pro controllers connect to the console? Purely wireless, or wired USB option?

Just curious, if there's a USB option then there's a chance for someone like Mayflash to expand their universal controller adapters to support Wii U.

both, the pro has a usb unlike the gamepad.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Well I wanted to pick up ACIII on Sunday but a) I haven't finished Revelations yet and b) the official thread is super depressing to read. I love the series but I think I may end up getting ZombiU instead.

Mudron

I just received an shipping notification from Walmart.com!

Unfortunately, it's just for Super Mario. Wii U and not for the console itself - which, according to the email, isn't due to arrive until (or even after) next Friday. BAH.

Codeblue

Just received shipping notification from KMart.com.

The only problem is I canceled that order some time ago and opted for Target. What a pain.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I am really excited about this launch. Shame I need to wait until the 30th in Australia.

2D Mario games are essentially my favourite franchise. The first wave of positive reviews for Nintendo Land and Mario exceeded my expectations (although there is only so much stock someone ought to put into reviews it's nonetheless, of course, a positive thing for Nintendo).

Unsure what, if anything, I will pick up in addition to Mario and Nintendo Land (as a pack in).

Well I wanted to pick up ACIII on Sunday but a) I haven't finished Revelations yet and b) the official thread is super depressing to read. I love the series but I think I may end up getting ZombiU instead.

Negativity dominates on message boards (especially this one). If you love AC get it. No question. However, if money is a concern you just might want to wait a few weeks as AC games notoriously drop price price during the holiday sales. The 360/ PS3 version will be $29 at a few locations.

Nester

Just picked up two copies of Flingsmash at Toys R Us for $42. Not bad for two Wii Motion Plus controllers included free.

Can't decide between ZombiU and Black Ops II. Ugh...

On one hand I want ZombiU because it looks like an interesting game with a lot of cool ideas, but I'm concerned about longevity. Then there is BO II which will have tons of legs, but not sure how I feel about getting it when there are games like ZombiU doing more interesting things with the hardware.

I have a pre order at a Walmart in bumfuck Kentucky. I was the first (and possibly only) one in line. I'm thinking about walking in tomorrow night and nonchalantly asking to pick up my layaway, just to see what happens.

Medalion

Banned

On one hand I want ZombiU because it looks like an interesting game with a lot of cool ideas, but I'm concerned about longevity. Then there is BO II which will have tons of legs, but not sure how I feel about getting it when there are games like ZombiU doing more interesting things with the hardware.

BLOPS2 got Offscreen Play, which is a big deal
Meanwhile ZombiU does not

Malvingt2

do you have only money for one? I am getting both..

bh7812

Banned
My Gamestop (South Suburbs of Chicago) called today to let me know their Wii U's have all arrived and are all ready for pickup on Sunday :D Said I'm guaranteed my Deluxe, since I was literally there at opening the day of that NYC conference to preorder. My GS is doing a 10am opening instead of midnight launch. Would I have liked a midnight launch? Yes and I certainly would have went but 10am Sunday opening is okay too..I'll live waiting an extra 10 hours haha. To me, getting the 100 percent guarantee on getting my Deluxe pre-order today was way more important than any Midnight opening anyway. I'll be there right at 10 to get it..though I have to work Sunday night which completely sucks :( I was hoping to get lucky enough to get that day off. I DO have Monday though so I'll set it up after work on DSunday, play Sunday night and Monday. Right now I'm thinking on Saturday, I'll completely unhook my busted 360 from the TV (Won't do me much good with the busted system there till I replace it anyway) and put the Wii U in it's spot. So this will be my launch pick ups:

Sunday: Deluxe Wii U with Nintendo Land and New Mario U. I actually do plan to play Nintendo Land, that looks really fun!
Monday or Tuesday: Go to Target so I can get in on that buy 1 Wii U game get one 50% off deal. Here's the games I'm leaning towards on that..

Scribblenauts U-Heard great things about it and it looks fun so this sounds like a safe pick up.
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition-I have Mass Effect on PS3, but haven't gotten to it yet. Off TV Play with headphones and a lot of the DLC already on the disc is what sold me on this version of the game. I'll just give my PS3 ME3 to my brother for Christmas.

Epic Mickey 2-Again the supposed Off-TV Play capability sold me. I STILL have yet to play the first one, so it's looking like I'll play 2 first in this case. I had an almost impossible time deciding between the PS3 or Wii U version, finally decided on Wii U.

Warriors Orochi 3- Honestly, the DW for Vita was one of the best games from that launch so I decided to get this game for this launch, too.

Also going to get Epic Mickey 3DS from Target too, I think.

Beginning of 2013 I'll definitely get Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101.

Happy Wii U launch to all! I hope those that are hoping to get one as a walk in are able to along with those whose pre-orders being guaranteed is looking a little hazy right now can get theirs too :)

Going to TRY to get through NSMBWii and NSMB2 in the next few days..though I think one or the other is more realistic at this point. Also have Paper Mario downloaded onto my 3DS yet urghhhh

kunonabi

My Gamestop (South Suburbs of Chicago) called today to let me know their Wii U's have all arrived and are all ready for pickup on Sunday :D Said I'm guaranteed my Deluxe, since I was literally there at opening the day of that NYC conference to preorder. My GS is doing a 10am opening instead of midnight launch. Would I have liked a midnight launch? Yes and I certainly would have went but 10am Sunday opening is okay too..I'll live waiting an extra 10 hours haha. To me, getting the 100 percent guarantee on getting my Deluxe pre-order today was way more important than any Midnight opening anyway. I'll be there right at 10 to get it..though I have to work Sunday night which completely sucks :( I was hoping to get lucky enough to get that day off. I DO have Monday though so I'll set it up after work on DSunday, play Sunday night and Monday. Right now I'm thinking on Saturday, I'll completely unhook my busted 360 from the TV (Won't do me much good with the busted system there till I replace it anyway) and put the Wii U in it's spot. So this will be my launch pick ups:

Sunday: Deluxe Wii U with Nintendo Land and New Mario U. I actually do plan to play Nintendo Land, that looks really fun!
Monday or Tuesday: Go to Target so I can get in on that buy 1 Wii U game get one 50% off deal. Here's the games I'm leaning towards on that..

Scribblenauts U-Heard great things about it and it looks fun so this sounds like a safe pick up.
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition-I have Mass Effect on PS3, but haven't gotten to it yet. Off TV Play with headphones and a lot of the DLC already on the disc is what sold me on this version of the game. I'll just give my PS3 ME3 to my brother for Christmas.

Epic Mickey 2-Again the supposed Off-TV Play capability sold me. I STILL have yet to play the first one, so it's looking like I'll play 2 first in this case. I had an almost impossible time deciding between the PS3 or Wii U version, finally decided on Wii U.

Warriors Orochi 3- Honestly, the DW for Vita was one of the best games from that launch so I decided to get this game for this launch, too.

Also going to get Epic Mickey 3DS from Target too, I think.

Beginning of 2013 I'll definitely get Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101.

Happy Wii U launch to all! I hope those that are hoping to get one as a walk in are able to along with those whose pre-orders being guaranteed is looking a little hazy right now can get theirs too :)

Going to TRY to get through NSMBWii and NSMB2 in the next few days..though I think one or the other is more realistic at this point. Also have Paper Mario downloaded onto my 3DS yet urghhhh

I thought that was a black friday deal for buy 2 get 1 50% off.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Negativity dominates on message boards (especially this one). If you love AC get it. No question. However, if money is a concern you just might want to wait a few weeks as AC games notoriously drop price price during the holiday sales. The 360/ PS3 version will be $29 at a few locations.

Very true. I'm not strapped for cash though so I'll probably cave anyway. Having the map on the pad is actually a big deal for me in an AC game.

I have a pre order at a Walmart in bumfuck Kentucky. I was the first (and possibly only) one in line. I'm thinking about walking in tomorrow night and nonchalantly asking to pick up my layaway, just to see what happens.

I've considered doing the same since most of the people that work the layaway in my Walmart are pretty damn clueless.

sensui-tomo

I've considered doing the same since most of the people that work the layaway in my Walmart are pretty damn clueless.

someone on CaGs got it, posted a picture too (although we are waiting for more responses from him) gonna test this tomorrow since (if that paper explaining the wiiU thing is to go by) all orders Wii Us should be in from the 14-16th and put at the layaway station.. so heres hoping i can get it tomorrow, ALSO the computer will not say cant sell due to the nature of the layaway system, its either Picked up or waiting to be picked up.(also got other exploits with layaway that i'll post on the black friday thread which are nifty and which walmart is doing for once and making some lives easier)
and as i suspected. The layaway system is flawed with the whole, computer overide does not work for it...(guy said that computer treated it as such) so people here is a "limited to how unintelligent your walmart employees are and hope for the best. Also can you post pictures here or is that not recommended?(still fairly new here and i know scans have issues on here)

Negativity dominates on message boards (especially this one). If you love AC get it.

See, the weird thing is, AC3 reviewed pretty decently and everyone's bitching about it, as expected...but Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified is reviewing horribly and the OT is full of positivism!

Fox Mulder

The pro controller cannot be used in Wii mode which is were you'd play games from the Wii Shop (VC and WiiWare) so you'd need a classic controller if you wanted a traditional controller in Wii Mode. You can use a credit card in the Wii Shop.

What.

This is going to be the most confusing console possible for some people.

kunonabi

See, the weird thing is, AC3 reviewed pretty decently and everyone's bitching about it, as expected...but Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified is reviewing horribly and the OT is full of positivism!

Vita owners grasping at straws.

Anybody ordering games from Amazon? I just checked my order and they say there are experiencing delays. I had to change my shipping to be sure to get my games before leaving for Thanksgiving.

do you have only money for one? I am getting both..

Well, I'm already getting the Deluxe with NintendoLand and NSMBU so it's kind of a combination not wanting to buy another two games and making sure I actually have enough time to play the games I have. I don't want to have games sitting around not getting played.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
A lot of people were expecting Monday. Anyone have personal experience from Wii pre-orders or 3DS?

I bought my 3DS through amazon, one day shipping. Pretty sure it shipped either late sunday or saturday night. Got it monday morning. Most likely Gamestop.com will ship friday or saturday, should definitely be here by monday!

I'm still watching my order like a hawk, just waiting for that shipping confirmation.

I was the 6th person to pre order the Wii U at my GameStop and I haven't got a call from them yet, should I be worried?

I was 6th also, I haven't gotten a call. I just texted my buddy, he's the manager. He just texted me and said they received there's and had 1 extra deluxe so the 1st person on the waiting list gets one. So hyped now!!! I took Monday off of work.

Effect

Edit: Nah. Going to stay strong and wait even if they arrive later then I wish. Can't give up $15 off each game. Damn you Nintendo and your Sunday launches!!!

Drago

As long as my NewEgg games ship tomorrow and get here on Monday, then I will be fine with that.

I'm saving a total of $30 from them on two launch games. You just can't beat that!

bonesquad

I missed the Newegg deal, so what's the current best deals on Wii U games? Are there any known for Black Friday? I can wait because I'm not certain what I'd even get yet until I see a few reviews/impressions. I'm still only really looking for ZombiU, and maybe NSMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom