• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty disappointing to hear Pikmin getting delayed. That means Q1 will be completely devoid of internally developed retail games.

It's also pretty safe to say W101 won't release until summer at the very earliest.

Zakkath

press HOME and click on the last icon, "Download management". Took me a while, lol

Is my system update downloading right now ?

I just don't know. I went to the system settings, clicked on system update. It popped 2 buttons on the gamepad : cancel and update. I clicked update and nothing's been happenning for the passed hour. I don't see any download progress, pressing Home does nothing, nor does cancel or update... So, I see posts everywhere on the web that say to not turn off the console or it will brick. Thing is, I don't even know if the update had started or not...

Help ?

You missed that part of my post.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's pretty disappointing to hear Pikmin getting delayed. That means Q1 will be completely devoid of internally developed retail games.

It's also pretty safe to say W101 won't release until summer at the very earliest.

Rayman Origins and Lego City Undercover should be decent games to fill the gap, though.

JFunky

Hey guys,

Has anyone else been using the pro controller? I got one to use with blops2 and I'm worried something might be wrong with it. I know Nintendo claimed 80 hours of battery life, but looking at my activity log I used mine about 5-6 hours before the battery light came on. I charged it when I got the system on the US launch day. My PS3 controllers seem to last a lot longer, did I get one with a bad battery or is this normal for these controllers?

So!

I have a nice fat $50 in my eShop wallet and it's looking to be spent. I'm debating between three games:

Darksiders II
Scribblenauts Unlimted
Ninja Gaiden

What do you think, NintendoGAF?

I'll cast a vote for Ninja Gaiden. The DLC announcements today put me over the edge, I'll be picking it up for sure.

I think Game & Wario should make it out.

Roo

Okay, now I'm intrigued. Over Ninja Gaiden, even?

To be honest, NG3 was so broken I don't think Wii U's version will fix it to make it worth that price. Not even with all the free DLC it will get.

In the other hand, Darksiders II has that Zelda feeling that I really love. I love the art style and how the game uses the gamepad. Great stuff

At the end, it's up to you. IF you allow me to give you an advice, save that money for something you really want and don't spend it just for the sake of it. I don't know what type of games do you like but Trine 2, Toki Tori 2, Puddle and Nano Assault Neo are better deals imho

I think it was a smart decision.
Again, imo, Wii U's launch window is decent enough to hold the system at least till April.
(I have too many games to play).
Besides, counting all platforms, March seems to be already too crowded so it probably would end up being buried alive

They still have plenty of time to polish the game to really make the 9 years wait worth it. :p

jbhnqVpB8hw6RB.jpg

did he post I love Playstation? or another PS?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmm.....I'm not a charity, lol. I mean, I'm willing to help devs out and whatnot if the content is good. If Darksiders II is good, then yeah no problem.

EDIT:

Okay, now I'm intrigued. Over Ninja Gaiden, even?

Yea im like 5 hours into darksiders 2 and im really feeling it. Runs great when played fully on the gamepad (tho text gets a bit small), best game for that feature in my opinion

Dead

well not really...yet
Subscribed to Hulu plus, I could see the Wii u being my defacto media player for my TV thanks to the game pad. Love being able to switch to gamepad view before I go to sleep.

Hopefully the bigger gamepad batter is released soon so it lasts longer than 4 hours...

Subscribed to Hulu plus, I could see the Wii u being my defacto media player for my TV thanks to the game pad. Love being able to switch to gamepad view before I go to sleep.

Hopefully the bigger gamepad batter is released soon so it lasts longer than 4 hours...

Lower the brightness and it should last 5-6 hours.

In case anyone wonders or is interested...

Wii U eShop has its first demo. FIFA 13 demo is now downloadable. 1.3GB

edit... lol just told its actually been there. oopsface.jpg

So, out of
Mass Effect 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Batman AC
Tekken Tag 2

Which 2 would you recommend?

Tekken for sure, it's probably the fighting game of the year with some cool Wii exclusive modes (Nintendo costumes, mushroom battle, Tekken Ball). Then either Mass Effect or Batman depending on whether you prefer an awesome action rpg or an awesome action adventure game.

As much as it's getting delayed I expect something truly unique out of this game.

EDarkness

In case anyone wonders or is interested...

Wii U eShop has its first demo. FIFA 13 demo is now downloadable. 1.3GB

edit... lol just told its actually been there. oopsface.jpg

I downloaded it this morning and it took all of 20 minutes to get. Surprised the hell out of me. I was getting crappy speeds the day before yesterday. Didn't really care about the game, but I wanted to see what the performance would be running off of my HDD. Pretty snappy.

Kandinsky

So!

I have a nice fat $50 in my eShop wallet and it's looking to be spent. I'm debating between three games:

Darksiders II
Scribblenauts Unlimted
Ninja Gaiden

What do you think, NintendoGAF?

My current library:

NSMBU
Nintendoland
Sega & Sonic All-Star racing
FIFA 13
Nano Assault Neo
Trine 2
Mighty Switch Force
Get Tekken instead!
So, out of
Mass Effect 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Batman AC
Tekken Tag 2

Which 2 would you recommend?
You too!.

How is Sonic All Star Racing for everyone who has spent some time with it? Awesome analog control? Consistent 60fps? Fun tracks? Nice soundtrack?

EDarkness

How is Sonic All Star Racing for everyone who has spent some time with it? Awesome analog control? Consistent 60fps? Fun tracks? Nice soundtrack?

Been playing the hell of this game and it's not 60fps, it's 30. Soundtrack is good, lots of throwbacks to past Sega games. Tracks are fun, and some races are crazy as hell. Definitely enjoying it.

Mistle

Yeah I've been curious about Sonic Racing too. Almost got it today tbh but couldn't completely convince myself.

Shame it's not 60fps! 30fps racing games take a bit of a blow imo. But I'm sure it's still fun.

Yeah I've been curious about Sonic Racing too. Almost got it today tbh but couldn't completely convince myself.

Shame it's not 60fps! 30fps racing games take a bit of a blow imo. But I'm sure it's still fun.

I know! 30fps may be a killer blow for me, but I'll still try and check it out if I can get a chance to :^(

When playing YouTube videos, such as those from the NBA channels, it stutters a lot during playback. Has anyone else experienced this?
This is using the native YouTube app.

One more thing. When I use the browser, on my tv there is black borders all around the picture. Is there a way to fix this?

Desiato

Posted this before, but never got an answer, so here it is again:

Anyone else getting a Wii U in Japan? I preordered mine at Don Quijote which is open 24 hours. Anyone know if I can get mine at 12am? Did a google search but have come across conflicting answers.

When playing YouTube videos, such as those from the NBA channels, it stutters a lot during playback. Has anyone else experienced this?
This is using the native YouTube app.

One more thing. When I use the browser, on my tv there is black borders all around the picture. Is there a way to fix this?

Yep. The pictures is quite clear, but it doesn't run as smoothly as I would like. The browser does a better job at keeping the fluidity than the app does, but I still don't think it's terrible.

Posted this before, but never got an answer, so here it is again:

Anyone else getting a Wii U in Japan? I preordered mine at Don Quijote which is open 24 hours. Anyone know if I can get mine at 12am? Did a google search but have come across conflicting answers.

I've got a pre-order at Bic Camera, which should be opening at 8 am. When the 3DS was released, I tried picking it up at Geo right as midnight struck, but was denied until the opening of business the following morning.

goomba

Banned
If I was a Japanese Nintendo fan, I would be PISSED that the WiiU came out in the US, Europe, Australia and even New Zealand before it came out in it's home country.

Alcibiades

I'm surprised that Launch-Euro and Launch-Japan threads of some sort didn't happen this time around. This is the first home system since 2006 where is the hype?

I was just playing it, I think it's a great game, now that they've fixed it. It feels like a mix of Ourun, Hydro Thunder, and...some flying game :) With a dash of Mario Kart. And the Wii U version is the best platform for once!

Mistle

I was just playing it, I think it's a great game, now that they've fixed it. It feels like a mix of Ourun, Hydro Thunder, and...some flying game :) With a dash of Mario Kart. And the Wii U version is the best platform for once!
I REALLY wish I could get it digitally for the same price I can get it retail (50% cheaper).

Alcibiades

I expect a flurry of big-line photos, weird Japanese launch campaign stuff, and lots of impressions when I wake up tomorrow. Are Miyamoto and Iwata showing up anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom