• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerTiGo

Banned
I'm hyped for launch. Only getting Ninja Gaiden with a pro controller and TTT2. Anything else I'm interested in, which there is plenty of I will pick up after I'm done with NG3.

Does the Wii U have custom soundtracks?

Purexed

Banned
So I got my Best Buy confirmation email my WiiU has shipped. Should I expect arrival tomorrow or Monday? The email wasn't clear on delivery date.

Wiz

Nice Target bundle. Speaking of target, has anyone got a shipping confirmation from them yet? They already charged my card but on their site it still says "not yet shipped".

Rich ‏@RichIGN
From Nintendo: online play, backwards compatibility, Miiverse and eShop are all in the Day One update. Delay only for video apps.

phew

Beckx

And mine has shipped (Gamestop) - tracking data not in the system yet, so no estimate from UPS. Expecting Monday, though.

Unfortunately Amazon isn't doing prime release date shipping for ZombiU. If I knew for sure it would be on the eshop I'd cancel. Might still.

Shit is out in the wild

jKnuO6KZErXA7.gif

It's starting.

TriGen

Rich ‏@RichIGN
From Nintendo: online play, backwards compatibility, Miiverse and eShop are all in the Day One update. Delay only for video apps.

phew

Exactly what I said was going to happen in the other thread when people started freaking out about the eShop. Good to hear confirmation.

kunonabi

Mine has shipped as well from GS. No tracking yet. Any outside chance of it arriving tomorrow or is Monday the best I can expect?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Those Nintendo servers are going to get hammered on launch day. I fear the meltdown.

Soi-Fong

Do you have a preorder receipt? Call them up.

Yup I do.

Just called up my local BB. Basically told me they have only enough for the Pre-orders they got in so as long as I have the receipt I should be good. Woman also told me they won't be selling the systems they have for the general public except to those who Pre-ordered at least at launch day.

So the Gamestop that i pre-ordered from because the store manager sold me on the midnight launch isn't even having one... wth...

...at least my preorder is still valid.

_woLf

Just got an email from Gamestop, my Wii U has shipped!

Still not sold on the thing, but I guess there's no going back now. If I change my mind I can always sell it.

Basic preorder paid off at GameStop, Kmart order for a Deluxe still lingering and just grabbed a Deluxe bundle at Target (which actually sent a confirmation email and took out the full amount of money from my bank account), so I'm hopeful to at least get 1 of each, maybe 2 Deluxes if Kmart actually comes through.

number47

swag swag, gamestop shipped my system out. anyone going to the nintendo world party? aka...hanging out with triforce for 6 hours.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Not working for me. It says "The maximum quantity has already been added to your cart.

swag swag, gamestop shipped my system out. anyone going to the nintendo world party? aka...hanging out with triforce for 6 hours.

I'm thinking of waiting on line tomorrow.

Supposedly, there's about a dozen people on line right now.

wiiu_610x343.jpg

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-5...ii-u-draws-eager-fans-ahead-of-sunday-launch/

inc77

Just got home from my local Gamestop. Paid off my pre-order (Wii U Deluxe, ZombiU, and a Pro-controller). Sadly no midnight launch and no early opening :(

Basic preorder paid off at GameStop, Kmart order for a Deluxe still lingering and just grabbed a Deluxe bundle at Target (which actually sent a confirmation email and took out the full amount of money from my bank account), so I'm hopeful to at least get 1 of each, maybe 2 Deluxes if Kmart actually comes through.

Why so many Wii U's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom