• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic preorder paid off at GameStop, Kmart order for a Deluxe still lingering and just grabbed a Deluxe bundle at Target (which actually sent a confirmation email and took out the full amount of money from my bank account), so I'm hopeful to at least get 1 of each, maybe 2 Deluxes if Kmart actually comes through.

The hell you need so many for son?
(Stop being mean and selling them for a profit)

I'm gonna call them just to be sure before I head over there :p

edit:
OH SHIT I GOT ONE!!! THANKS!!! :D:D:D:D

Wonderful news!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Out of town this week, so can't check stores in person. And neither Gamestop or Best Buy are answering my calls.

I pre-ordered a Deluxe at GS (#7) on Day One, and another at Best Buy using the kiosk like four days later.

No text from GS.

If two of my orders fall through, I'll rage. RAGE I TELL
Wii
U!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Congrats on getting the shipping message.

I hope at least some of you get it tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My gamestop.com order for the deluxe version shipped via UPS for delivery Monday. Didn't even expect it to ship till Monday. Nice surprise :)

Why so many Wii U's?

Originally all I was able to get was the Basic, my wife and I were on vacation when preorders hit and I didn't have a chance to get one, so my little brother did what he could while they were still active, this one was at GameStop.

I saw the Deluxes were up on Kmart yesterday, so I'm trying for one of those, but its Kmart so I'm not hopeful in the slightest. Then I saw the Target bundle, I figure if the Kmart one falls through, Target is a bit more reliable so I nabbed one.

If Kmart and Target both materialize, then my brother is buying the extra Deluxe off me for retail, not really sure what I'm doing with the Basic one in that scenario. I've never been one to scalp and honestly I hate dealing with Ebay and Paypal so I'm either going to return it or I'll sell it to a friend if someone can't get ahold of one.

I hope Walmart.com actually has a Deluxe in stock for me. I preordered when the Deluxe went back online very briefly on October 25th, but I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or a charge on my credit card yet.

My friend preordered his from TRU and just got this in his email today:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

Wonder what this really means.

number47

Why so many? to resell to basically have one for free.

got $5 they will be giving out a free wii u game at nintendo world.
and those beanies they were handing out at nycc this year.

Link0080

Basic preorder paid off at GameStop, Kmart order for a Deluxe still lingering and just grabbed a Deluxe bundle at Target (which actually sent a confirmation email and took out the full amount of money from my bank account), so I'm hopeful to at least get 1 of each, maybe 2 Deluxes if Kmart actually comes through.

I didn't get the confirmation email, wtf :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not expecting my BB in-store preorder to switch until Saturday night/Sunday morning :/

Originally all I was able to get was the Basic, my wife and I were on vacation when preorders hit and I didn't have a chance to get one, so my little brother did what he could while they were still active, this one was at GameStop.

I saw the Deluxes were up on Kmart yesterday, so I'm trying for one of those, but its Kmart so I'm not hopeful in the slightest. Then I saw the Target bundle, I figure if the Kmart one falls through, Target is a bit more reliable so I nabbed one.

If Kmart and Target both materialize, then my brother is buying the extra Deluxe off me for retail, not really sure what I'm doing with the Basic one in that scenario. I've never been one to scalp and honestly I hate dealing with Ebay and Paypal so I'm either going to return it or I'll sell it to a friend if someone can't get ahold of one.

I was just curious as I was in a similar situation. I have a Basic and a Deluxe coming because I'm quite honestly not sure which one I want at this point. I have an external hard drive so storage isn't an issue, and I don't plan on buying everything digitally since places like Best Buy and Amazon tends to have a good deal on retail games. I was thinking of just keeping the Basic and saving the $50 and then trying to figure out what to do with the Deluxe.

bumpkin

Man, it's a shame that "Triforce" managed to get back in the front of the line at the NWS. I thought it was hilarious that hurricane Sandy ousted him and anyone else in line.

As far as ppl starting to hear about possibly not getting their Wii U on Sunday, I hope Best Buy doesn't stiff 'em like they did with ppl who preordered the iPhone 5. They didn't get mine (iPhone 5) in for close to four weeks after the release day, despite mine being the first preorder.

I was just curious as I was in a similar situation. I have a Basic and a Deluxe coming because I'm quite honestly not sure which one I want at this point. I have an external hard drive so storage isn't an issue, and I don't plan on buying everything digitally since places like Best Buy and Amazon tends to have a good deal on retail games. I was thinking of just keeping the Basic and saving the $50 and then trying to figure out what to do with the Deluxe.

Honestly, the only reason I want the deluxe over the basic is because its black. Not because i think it really looks better, but because EVERYTHING in my entertainment center is black, so it will not stick out so much.

The Nintendo Network Premium deal is also pretty nice too and the gamepad charger, but I don't particularly care about Nintendoland and I won't use the console stand.

FroJay

Banned
Got my gamestop pre-order confirmation for the basic, but haven't heard anything from TRU yet on the deluxe. I was going to give the basic to my parents and save the deluxe for myself, but if TRU screws this up I won't be happy.

Ramma2

Honestly, the only reason I want the deluxe over the basic is because its black. Not because i think it really looks better, but because EVERYTHING in my entertainment center is black, so it will not stick out so much.

I hear that. Before my last 360 died at least the Wii had a white buddy, but now that I have a black slim it sticks out like crazy.

I hear that. Before my last 360 died at least the Wii had a white buddy, but now that I have a black slim it sticks out like crazy.

Yeah...I recently took everything down because we got new flooring after having water damage and I didn't put the Wii back in since there was no point and I realized a white system was going to look terrible with how I rearranged everything, thus the search for a deluxe edition began in full force.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do we have dimensions yet? I want to check it'll fit in my cupboard ok. And does it vent out the back or out the side?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My Gamestop preorder still says "open". Sigh...... So hyped right now.

I'm kinda in a state of panic since mine hasn't shipped yet, and I see everyone else here getting the emails. I feel like I need to have a back up plan just in case this one falls through. Hoping that's not the case, I will give it another hour.

I'm kinda in a state of panic since mine hasn't shipped yet, and I see everyone else here getting the emails. I feel like I need to have a back up plan just in case this one falls through. Hoping that's not the case, I will give it another hour.

I'm worried too. Especially since Game stop attempted to process my order a few days ago and I hadn't updated my card on my account. It has since been updated and Game stop was notified but nothing has changed.

Assuming we do get the call and will get the Wii U:

My son is 12. We agreed to wait until Christmas to open it. He's now reconsidering (can't say I blame him). So, do I let him open it up and play it on Sunday or not?

I managed to snag a Wii u today (as shown in the pickup thread). If anyone has any questions about it or wants some videos just let me know and I'll post them tonight after work.

led4lyfe

I'm going to attempt to pick one up on Sunday morning, I live right next to a target, super Kmart and fye. Not getting my hopes up or anything, but I figure the fye will have something.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm worried too. Especially since Game stop attempted to process my order a few days ago and I hadn't updated my card on my account. It has since been updated and Game stop was notified but nothing has changed.

Yeah, I was in the same boat, cept I had to use my dad's card and they wouldn't let me change the billing name, so it is still under my name. I'm afraid that might get the card declined again at the last minute, but i'm not extremely knowledgeable about how credit card authorizations online work.

My son is 12. We agreed to wait until Christmas to open it. He's now reconsidering (can't say I blame him). So, do I let him open it up and play it on Sunday or not?

No, because then this will set precedent for him getting his way down the road.

read: of course play the fucking thing right away

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

For something you spend a lot of money on it seems rather dull to wait until Christmas to use it. I think you should open it and play together (if what game you buy for the console allows more players than one).

Subxero

I'm kinda getting concerned too. GameStop did a temp charge last Sunday. That fell off Tuesday and no activity since. My order shows open and was placed in the first hour they were available. Im using the one day shipping too.

I was hoping to get it Monday but now hope it just ships before the holiday.

Preordered mine on the 17th of Sept. Is that making a difference for shipping priority?

It shouldn't, maybe, but I had seen that quote (misquote?) about how anyone who ordered after Sept 25 was not guaranteed one at GameStop, or something. Hoping to have a smooth experience with TRU.

kunonabi

I would agree but give him a small demand or something. Grades, clean room, walk the dog, read a book, etc.

Jeff-DSA

I got the shipping confirmation for my Deluxe Set from Gamestop along with the UPS tracking. That was good news. My second one (for someone else) was through Toys R Us online, but I haven't heard a thing. Not sure if I should have heard by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom