• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Banned
I picked up a Denon 1712 yesterday at Best Buy for $199 new (they luckily had one in the warehouse). Great great deal (it's $399 at Amazon).

My old receiver (1709) didn't do HDMI audio, so I got this just in time for the Wii U.

I'm so excited...even if I'm spending well over $600 on this shit.

TriGen

I personally believe they'll have the patch ready, but I would really like it to be proven that everything is fine before I go out at midnight. A game like NSMBU is one I'd download, but I would be fine with grabing a copy in-store. It would suck to come home and not be able to buy the game. Like I said, I don't think they'll screw up the eShop and Miiverse for day-one, I think only the "entertainment" stuff will be missing with the games stuff all there, but confirmation would be nice.

Dartastic

No there hasn't been. We're kind of in the dark regarding all the PS3/360 ports which is why I would caution anyone on picking them up right away.

Not yet, hopefully some East Coasters are picking it up at midnight and will post impressions.
Amen for East Coasters. Seriously.

I'm picking it up because COD doesn't really drop in price, where I could see other Wii U titles dropping fairly soon. Plus it seems that the consensus is that the single player is actually really good, which excites me. I just hope that there's a decent multiplayer community also on the system. HRmmmm

Nuklear

Banned
Heh yeah sadly mine is pretty good about doing midnights. IE we had one for Skyward Sword even! But apparently since the situation is all reserves and nothing for the open public. So they don't see a point to having a midnight for that.

They lost future business from me. I will preorder elsewhere next time. It's a shame the video game store isn't doing a midnight launch but the Wal-Mart right next to my store is.

I can't believe the console is already in the hands of some, all those speculation threads, this wait, comes to an end :)

It was a fun ride and i hope i spiced it up enough, see you soon on Miiverse & all guys :)

Thanks for all the entertainment Ideaman, also a big thanks to BG if hes reading, you both made the wait go a lot quicker !.

/Salute.

CoilShot

I picked up a Denon 1712 yesterday at Best Buy for $199 new (they luckily had one in the warehouse). Great great deal (it's $399 at Amazon).

My old receiver (1709) didn't do HDMI audio, so I got this just in time for the Wii U.

I'm going to be getting my receiver soon after the launch. I'm hoping I can get one with the options I need for $200 since black friday coming up.

They lost future business from me. I will preorder elsewhere next time. It's a shame the video game store isn't doing a midnight launch but the Wal-Mart right next to my store is.

Me as well... if they had opened at midnight tonight, I'd likely have bought an additional game... tomorrow at 10am I'll just pick up my system and walk out the door and wait for a deal from another store instead or go all digital and take advantage of my points back.

Lucent

He decided to take time off from GAF. He also gave us a hint about RE6 releasing on the Wii U.

If this was true, I would go trade in my PS3 copy for a Wii U game tomorrow. =o

QTE on your gamepad. Yeeeeeeeeeeee
lol j/k but probably would happen

Sanctuary

I got all my games getting package. The only thing that isn't shipping for me is the pro controller.

I have ZombieU plus the Deluxe in transit right now. I had initially ordered the pro controller as well, but Walmart.com decided that the pro controller that was not even out yet was the same as the Wiimote that they shipped me at the end of September (that was returned)...

I can't use my receiver at my current place, so I'm using the Pioneer Dolby Headphone box. It does not have HDMI either, so I ordered...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031SWDKI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Toki767

So the system update still isn't live to enable Miiverse...kind of worried that tomorrow will come and there won't be any online functionality on the Wii U at all.

CaLe

Quick poll, what games are you getting guys ?

Me:

Mario
Dark Siders 2

Undecided, one of the following:

ZombiU
Batman
COD

Lucent

So the system update still isn't live to enable Miiverse...kind of worried that tomorrow will come and there won't be any online functionality on the Wii U at all.

I really hope it is. I want to download that Rayman Legends demo tomorrow and see how my friends react to the Castle Rock stage. =l

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

If they said it's coming on launch day.. then the update is probably set to a midnight timer or something, perhaps?

If tomorrow comes and no update, then the fun begins...

FaidSint

Me:

Mario
Dark Siders 2

ZombiU
Batman
COD

Probably just going to start with Mario and the packed in Nintendo Land. That should tide me over. Then either AC3 or DS2 depending on whether I beat DS1 or AC2 first! (On my Ps3)

Teknoman

I got my call from Gamestop around 3.. HYPE MODE INITIATE

ibLEEqFlfTuM9.gif

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
NL comes with it
Mario
Got AC3 already
have sonic from Gamefly, will buy if it's good
Should get Black Ops from Activision
Maybe other review copies come through

Unsure about
ZombiU
Epic Mickey 2
Tekken

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member

Me:

Mario
Dark Siders 2

ZombiU
Batman
COD

Mario
ZombiU
Thinking about Scribblenauts

Toki767

If they said it's coming on launch day.. then the update is probably set to a midnight timer or something, perhaps?

If tomorrow comes and no update, then the fun begins...

Well GameTrailers said that Nintendo originally said the update would be out on Wednesday but 3 days later and still nothing.

P90

Me:

Mario
Dark Siders 2

ZombiU
Batman
COD

NG3:RE
Mario
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skylanders Giants WiiU

Won't be playing them anytime soon. System and games are from Santa.

Yuripaw

Banned

Me:

Mario
Dark Siders 2

ZombiU
Batman
COD

I wish we had a thread for this actually, because I am curious to what titles people are picking the most. Obviously Mario will be high, but there does seem to be a fair variety where not everyone will get the same stuff. Anyway, here's my list:

Already bought:
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Preordered:
New Super Mario Bros U
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

If it's up on the eshop, I wanna get Mighty Switch Force HD right away too.

HylianTom

Banned
Is anyone streaming gameplay today/tonight? I'd love to watch something other than NintendoLand..

(I'll be getting Mario and ZombiU to start. Not much else until I see how the other games are received)

CoilShot

Quick heads up if anyone wanted Scribblenauts Unlimited its only $49.99 with free shipping and no tax(depending on state) on Amazon

taoofjord

- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros U
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Zombi U (if the review average end up 70+)
- Little Inferno (already bought it on PC and am enjoying the beta but I don't mind double dipping since it'll play great on the touch screen)

I wish we had a thread for this actually, because I am curious to what titles people are picking the most. Obviously Mario will be high, but there does seem to be a fair variety where not everyone will get the same stuff. Anyway, here's my list:

Already bought:
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Preordered:
New Super Mario Bros U
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

I think someone made a "What are you getting a Launch?" thread and it just kinda faded off, don't know if OP got banned or what.

Well GameTrailers said that Nintendo originally said the update would be out on Wednesday but 3 days later and still nothing.

On the stream yesterday wasnt there a moment when they said "Well its just after 4:30 so lets check if the update is there" or something. That made me think they were expecting it at that time.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
On the stream yesterday wasnt there a moment when they said "Well its just after 4:30 so lets check if the update is there" or something. That made me think they were expecting it at that time.

Nintendo of Japan may have realized they didn't include friend codes so they are rapidly putting them back in. /sarcasm

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Quick heads up if anyone wanted Scribblenauts Unlimited its only $49.99 with free shipping and no tax(depending on state) on Amazon

Hmm, and I could use my Halo 4 coupon and get it for 40. Tempting.

Quick poll, what games are you getting guys?

My Deluxe comes with

Nintendo Land

I already have in hand my copies of

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Scribblenauts Unlimited

I have a pre-order for

New Super Mario Bros. U

Pretty much just ZombiU that's on my radar. I will wait for reviews to make the call.

Everything else is just a late 3rd party game or uninteresting to me.

smr00

Banned
Man i wish i pre-ordered one when i had the chance :(

Oh well.. Guess i will have to wait and get one when? January? February at the latest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom